Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The final sentence about the genocide!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i really love to be constructive because i am bored...tell you why....one american guy sell Greece 4 new frigates and then our navy buys 8 of them... and our politicians creates imaginary clashes over a few rocks sticking out the sea and say we need to buy more..same things applies to Greece too i guess... who wins? arms dealers...who loose...Greece and us... what drives me mad that they are simply toying with us... in our case Armenians and Turks they are using you and us for their own game...for example that retarded G.W.Bush.... Armenians and Turks started to wait days before if he is gonna say " genocide"... i think we should open our bordes and find a solution...i dont like my neighbours suffer just to make some european or american richer... we are here ,you and us having troubles and they are staying their warm homes with every kind of social rights and talking about what should we do..... well screw'em and lets rock and roll together...

it is gonna sound funny but Turkey really need friends in the region... but we must learn how to make friends and we should start to learn how to apology...

Comment

otto- well done...

i agree... it is others who gain...

between the *urks and Armenians it is obvious that what has to be done is actually against the Americans needs... thats why they keep making sure that *ukry doesnt accept the genocide... they dont want to deal with Armenia in which case they would have to deal with and be nice to Russia... it is in the American interest to have *urky deny the genocide so that they can have their hands and fingers in the country all the time... i never thought that the *urks didnt like the Americans until i saw the protests in the streets... then i realized that if they knew about the genocide and if they were allowed to speak (i.e. the government does not allow this) they would accept the genocide and say "here is your stinky land we dont use it anyway and sorry about what happened"

there is hope - but with governments that are THROBING with TESTOSTERONE! there is very little hope... almost none...

Comment

Originally posted by nunechka
        otto- well done...

i agree... it is others who gain...

between the *urks and Armenians it is obvious that what has to be done is actually against the Americans needs... thats why they keep making sure that *ukry doesnt accept the genocide... they dont want to deal with Armenia in which case they would have to deal with and be nice to Russia... it is in the American interest to have *urky deny the genocide so that they can have their hands and fingers in the country all the time... i never thought that the *urks didnt like the Americans until i saw the protests in the streets... then i realized that if they knew about the genocide and if they were allowed to speak (i.e. the government does not allow this) they would accept the genocide and say "here is your stinky land we dont use it anyway and sorry about what happened"

there is hope - but with governments that are THROBING with TESTOSTERONE! there is very little hope... almost none...
        Those Turks you mentioned were not protesting because they did not like America but because they did not like America's policies in the region. And what did a bunch of Armenian a**e-lickers in Washington do in reply - they tried to gain short-term political capital amongst the neocons by accusing Turkey of being "anti-American". And then Yerevan does even more poodling by sending a meaningless handful of soldiers to bolster America's occupation of Iraq.
        Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat
          Those Turks you mentioned were not protesting because they did not like America but because they did not like America's policies in the region. And what did a bunch of Armenian a**e-lickers in Washington do in reply - they tried to gain short-term political capital amongst the neocons by accusing Turkey of being "anti-American". And then Yerevan does even more poodling by sending a meaningless handful of soldiers to bolster America's occupation of Iraq.
          They were protesting because they were against a war in their own doorstep, since they have the Kurdish problem as well, that's why they are alarmed.
          Armenia indeed send a peace keeping force in Iraq ,but you have to considerate the fact that there are Armenians in Iraq and an Armenian community, they went to protect them.
          They blasted the Armenian Church http://www.blogrel.com/2004/08/02/bo...hurch-in-iraq/
          as a result 10 people died and several were injured.Even though i am agaisnt this war , i think there should be a force to protect the minorities which they have no fault for this situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Brigade

Armenia indeed send a peace keeping force in Iraq ,but you have to considerate the fact that there are Armenians in Iraq and an Armenian community, they went to protect them.
            The above is such a travesty of the truth that it makes some of the Turkish genocide denialist propaganda that has been posted heere seem almost reasonable.

The Armenian community in Iraq uniformly condemned the deployment of ROA soldiers in Iraq because they correctly believe that it will make Iraqi Armenians appear to be supporters of the American occupation.

Armenian soldiers did not go to Iraq to protect anyone. They went because America needed new foreign poodles to replace the departing Ukrainian / Polish / Italian poodles in order to continue with their dillusion that there is an "international" force in Iraq. It doesn't matter how many actual troops ROA sent, one would have been plenty since they are only there so that America to add another country's name to the "international coalition". As to why Armenia did it, maybe Kocharian wanted to secure a safe have for himself and his money in the USA come the apricot revolution.

Of course, in the long term, the American invasion has guaranteed the eventual extermination of the Iraqi Armenain community since the occupation will lead to an Islamic fundamentalist regime governing Iraq.
            Last edited by bell-the-cat; 05-23-2005, 05:16 PM.
            Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat
              The above is such a travesty of the truth that it makes some of the Turkish genocide denialist propaganda that has been posted heere seem almost reasonable.

The Armenian community in Iraq uniformly condemned the deployment of ROA soldiers in Iraq because they correctly believe that it will make Iraqi Armenians appear to be supporters of the American occupation.

Armenian soldiers did not go to Iraq to protect anyone. They went because America needed new foreign poodles to replace the departing Ukrainian / Polish / Italian poodles in order to continue with their dillusion that there is an "international" force in Iraq. It doesn't matter how many actual troops ROA sent, one would have been plenty since they are only there so that America to add another country's name to the "international coalition". As to why Armenia did it, maybe Kocharian wanted to secure a safe have for himself and his money in the USA come the apricot revolution.

Of course, in the long term, the American invasion has guaranteed the eventual extermination of the Iraqi Armenain community since the occupation will lead to an Islamic fundamentalist regime governing Iraq.
              Indeed i don't Koacharian even cares about the Armenians of Iraq(i even doubt if he cares about the Armenians of Armenia ).
              Officialy the reason he did it is because he wants to make the ties with West better,whatever that is supposed to mean.
              I am very concerned about the minorities of Iraq , especially the Christian one's ,Assyrians, Armenians etc, because they are the one's who are going to pay all this mess in the end , and it isnt their fault.

Comment

Indeed i don't Koacharian even cares about the Armenians of Iraq(i even doubt if he cares about the Armenians of Armenia ).
                Officialy the reason he did it is because he wants to make the ties with West better,whatever that is supposed to mean.
                I am very concerned about the minorities of Iraq , especially the Christian one's ,Assyrians, Armenians etc, because they are the one's who are going to pay all this mess in the end , and it isnt their fault.
                Hey, if you are agreeing with me then why did you post that "sent there to protect the Iraqi Armenians" stuff? Or have I actually changed someones opinion? Wow!!

The ties with the west that should be most important to Armenia now are the ties with Europe, and the population of Europe is about 80% opposed to what America has done in Iraq. Armenia's future is with (and maybe even within) Europe, and not with America.
                Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

And what will happen to the Armenians of Syria and Iran if Bush gets his way and his new wars?
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Well i was trying to bring myself in the place of the Armenians in Iraq and if i would feel safer if our nonsignificant amount of troops were there or not.If there wasn't that blasting of the Church and the dead people , i wouldnt even talk about it , since i am against this situation.The point is that we are the only ''peace keeping force'' that actucally has a minority there.Plus it brings me bad memories from the past as well,the WWI, and what happened to the Armenian's which were again all alone in Anatolia.I was just concerned about the fate of those minorities and what would be better for them.
                    I agree that we should be carefull with such moves since Armenia is in a region with many Muslim nations and its not wise to be very pro western.

Comment

Armenia acheived certain political capital with the Americans - was it worth the cost - hard to determine (though I would argue it was done not without clearly known risk - and I'm sure those who made the decision to send troops were aware of this [and perhaps of who may have short memories and such and other distractions...])

What is also relevant however was that their actions supporting the Americans (however seemingly insignificant) were in clear contrast to the (lack of) dependability (and triumpf [as always] of self-interest) on the part of the Turks...and don't think that this hasn't been noticed (and has been clearly pointed out) to folks who care here in the states....

Comment

Working...
                      X