Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Unimportant nation, important lies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*places loveataturk in Eastern Turkey, Western Armenia, or Kurdistan*

Kurds, kill him.

Comment

Originally posted by loveataturk
      Armenia is a relatively small nation, with a small population and small economy. One can safely deduce that Armenia is an irrelevant actor on the global theatre. However, making use of the fact that Western Europe and Turkey have been on the ropes for a long time, rather hostile views toward each other, Armenians and the nation of Armenia has always tried to hijack sympathy and favors from their christian brothers in Europe, cry-babying all the time about how they were wronged by Ottomans /thus, Turks) in 1915.
      The April 1915 "genocide" claim is easily refutable (unfortunately only for sane and intelligent people, which the hatred-centred Armenian nation seems to NOT have much abundance of), and th eharder that Armenians try to prove this LIE, FALLACY, the more sorrowful their situation becomes, trying to prove a LIE.
      I remarked "unimportant and small" for Armenia as a nation, due to its population and economy, but let us all remember Gary Kasparov! Tigran PEtrosian!! I admire these two gentlemen.
      Too bad most of your ancestors were pretty much barbarian invaders as they marauded their way across Asia with blood dripping from their scimitars. The only contribution we have from Turks as a whole is attempts at making quality coffee and finding more effective ways of trying to stamp out those who are not Turks. Hooray!
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Yes, please return to Turkmenistan. They've already got the "Turk" thing going on. There's always Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan to choose from if you're not satisfied. And we'll throw in a free Kazakhstan for you as well.

Comment

funny Turk

Comment

Originally posted by skhara
            I wonder if many diaspora Armenians really do not understand "the law of the jungle". "Human rights", shmuman brights. The destruction of the Armenian people in South Caucasia and eastern regions of Anatolia was in the interests of both the Ottoman and the New Republics regime, as well as other "inside" and "outside" interests. After loosing the Balkan wars Armenians were among the last remaining threats for the dismemberment of the Ottoman empire. Armenians were a national threat, because sooner or later Armenians would have taken up arms in an organized manner against their opressors. Pre-emptive action was taken against the Armenian people in order to destroy the potential for national formation.

Note: Armenians who were herded like sheep were not simply ethnically cleansed from their milleniums long ancestoral homeland. Because in that case, they would have had freedom to flee towards the caucasus where their brothers would have taken care of them. They were marched, into the desert, to rot.

It was not in the interests of the Ottoman regime to send Armenians towards other Armenians. It was best if they perished, because the dead cannot exact revenge. The dead are just dead.

Turkey lost the war and was forced to recognize the new Armenian Republic. But Turkey could not possible leave Armenia alone. It was simply not in their national interests to do so. Armenia posed a geo-strategic threat to the Turkish Republic and once again, certain other interests. Moreover, Armenians would certainly seek vengance against Turks, and they knew it which explains the massive massacres during the Turkish invasion of Caucasian Armenia. Well Armenians resisted bitterly and heroicly. Armenians inflicted massive damages on the invading animals and would have certainly ended up in a better position were it not for the Turko-Bolshevik alliance.

Turkey may not have been completely satisfied with not having Armenia totally devoured and Azerbaijan connected to them, but they did get some additional appeasement through the carving of Armenian lands of Nakhichevan and Artsakh, with total ethnic cleansing in Nakhichevan.

This may sound like complete doom and gloom for Armenia, but its not. Were it not for the heroic and feerless defense of Caucasian Armenian fighters, would there even be such an entity in south caucasia? Sure lands were lost. But remember, Armenia was effectivelly erased from the map for 78 years.

Well she came back. She is alive. And she will grow from an annoying 'insignificant' thorn in turkish side, to a sharp stabbing pain, to a knife that penetrates and bleeds the enemy.

Understand one thing. If Turkey completely and totally destroyed any potential for national formation of the Armenian people, there would likely be 'memorials' all over Turkey today. They'd say "We were bad, we're sorry. Look Europe we care." This of coarse would mean nothing because Armenians would still be destroyed and not able to pose any threat whatsoever.

The dead have no claims. The dead are just dead. That's why it annoys me to hear references to martyrs and martyrdom by Armenians. You know what I think? I think this term should be dropped from the Armenian vocabulary. Let our enemies become martyrs. Armenians need to be survivors.
            I really like the point made in the second to last paragraph. I think you're dead on. They're pissed that we've proven to be a bigger thorn in their necks than if they left us alone. They're pissed that ASALA went after their poissonous politicians. They're pissed that we kicked their brothers' asses. One simple rule of thumb with the turds is as follows: if you bend you head and submit completely to their cold and cruel lordship, they will love you and be very "tolerant" of you. But if you show that their rat species is not welcome and drag their noses through their own mess, they will prove to be a severe plague upon your nation. Again, Armenians are not the only nation who are intimately acquainted with this rule.

You know how some specific people bring out the worst emotions and feelings in you, the same with this jurks and only jurks. I'm not a nazi, but with them I sound like one. We have grown thorny and bitter on our exterior because of centuries of struggling against their yoke. The words from Shakespear's "The Merchant of Venice" come to mind: "The villainy you teach me, I will execute". They shouldn't be surprised we hate them.

Comment

nice two paragraphs there karoaper, almost like a poem.

Comment

Originally posted by Thai-Samurai
                nice two paragraphs there karoaper, almost like a poem.
                thanks, my muse was rather anti-turkish this morning. guess she spent a night in ankara.

Comment

This thread should be in the "Intellectual Lounge".

Comment

Working...
                  X