Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Face of denial (???)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by winoman
    Of course it isn't a forgery - as if pro-Armenian Genocide propogandists were there in Germany during WWII trying to push their point. The quote is proven accurate in mutiple ways and is entirely consistent with other known and undisputed quotes from Hitler along similar lines concerning the Armenians. I find it curious that certain individuals seem to go out of their way to find fault with every known Armenian Genocide scholar and position and seem to have an old world European perspective that us "darkies" are somehow inferior and incapable and that only Anglo-Saxons can figure things out and think for themselves. Poooie.
    I could reply to the above something along the lines of "I know that most of you New-World darkies can't find the effort to distinguise truth from special-interest-group manipulation and sound-bite propaganda (the ignoring of Old World European advice over Iraq leading to 2000+ of your dead in Iraq proves that). But you make a nice living out of their acceptance of propaganda, don't you? So the "Hitler" quote sound-bite might go down well with Mr Average American Joe, but us superior Europeans would just laugh at it."
    Last edited by bell-the-cat; 11-04-2005, 03:59 PM.
    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat
      If it is proven to be genuine after all this time I'd be surprised. And you'd loose your anonimity!
      But we've gone through this before - so you know I think the alleged quote is, in its current status, a distracting irrelevance.
      Steve,

You have to understand that most people are not normal, like me, but physchotic, like winoman . There are some physchological blocks that get planted in peoples brains essentially building a box and not allowing them to see anything outside it. And by the way, you Europeans are not so much smarter than us dumb Americans. A typical European will have the same typical response as a typical American. Nazi=Hitler=Evil. So if you want sympathy for your cause, than compare yourself to a J-e-w, and your enemy to Hitler and NAZIs. So is it not surprising that some choose to jump at the opportunity of see "look what Hitler said"? You say it is irrelevant. Sure, for you maybe. In the context of interests, geopolitics, and geostragy, for me, definitely. But for masses out there, its perfect if you are trying garner sympathy.

Although, I do believe that Hitler knew of Armenians. And to me, his comments about Armenians are of nothing more than historical interest.

"The German people will end up becomming just like the Armenians."

Another interesting one:
      "once so proud people as the Persians, who now had to continue their miserable existance as Armenians."

Comment

Take a tip - look up "photomontage" in Google.
        It obviously wasn't meant to be a real depiction of a real event. The only question is if it was an appropriate medium to convey the message. Maybe if the photomontage was more sophisticated it would have been - but the creator was no John Heartfield.
        People are you all crazy or something? How can you all defend yourself so easily??? I wouldnt have even think of a cheap answer like this.
        So you all think this is so easy to explain. A bunch of jerkwater professors misusing the MAN we all Tu.rks admire the most, to support their fabrication claims. Since you are all brainwashed armenians who dont really know the real character of this MAN, you are NEVER gonna understand how it is so painful for us Turk.s to see that. So the next time bell the cat, come with a better explanation .
        You can call me a hero.
        I'm no hero, I'm a legend.
        Heroes last a lifetime, legends last forever...

Comment

After I joined this forum and read your posts I don't believe your sorrow for the tragedy that your grandparents faced at 1915. I am sorry for the losses of Armenians at 1915 and the brutal ways of CUP. But after 90 years it is so sad to observe that grandchildrens of those people have turned their ancestors pains into a hobby, a kind of game.

Comment

Originally posted by wohlkahn
            People are you all crazy or something? How can you all defend yourself so easily??? I wouldnt have even think of a cheap answer like this.
            So you all think this is so easy to explain. A bunch of jerkwater professors misusing the MAN we all Tu.rks admire the most, to support their fabrication claims. Since you are all brainwashed armenians who dont really know the real character of this MAN, you are NEVER gonna understand how it is so painful for us Turk.s to see that. So the next time bell the cat, come with a better explanation .
            Ahh ...so it is not (as you initially implied) that you are objecting to the poster because you think it is purporting to be a real photograph, but only because it incorporates your "sacred cow" Ataturk. If it were a generic photo of a Turkish person that had been used it would have been OK then, would it?

Here is an idea for those skilled with photoshop and who want to make mischief , why not have Ataturk depicted doing something really controversial, like fu**ing one (or all) of his adopted "daughters", or busy forging documents to stitch up his political opponents, or secretly engaging in Hebrew rituals.
            Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by skhara
              Steve,

You have to understand that most people are not normal, like me, but physchotic, like winoman . There are some physchological blocks that get planted in peoples brains essentially building a box and not allowing them to see anything outside it. And by the way, you Europeans are not so much smarter than us dumb Americans. A typical European will have the same typical response as a typical American. Nazi=Hitler=Evil. So if you want sympathy for your cause, than compare yourself to a J-e-w, and your enemy to Hitler and NAZIs. So is it not surprising that some choose to jump at the opportunity of see "look what Hitler said"? You say it is irrelevant. Sure, for you maybe. In the context of interests, geopolitics, and geostragy, for me, definitely. But for masses out there, its perfect if you are trying garner sympathy..
              Yes, that is all true, and it is exactly what I think as well.

But you have to admit that the alleged Hitler quote is not only being used in that way - it is not being used just for the masses. It is being used in literature intended for people who are perfectly able to distinguise truth from fiction, and are perfectly able to absorbe that truth without the aid of oversimplifications and catchy soundbites like the Hitler quote. So it demeans the value of that literature, and its mesage, for that reason.

Someone who uses that particular Hitler quote to me is, in effect, insulting my intelligence. It would be better to risk alienating the "masses" with overly-dense facts, than alienate the "intelligencia" by being overly-simplistic.

Originally posted by skhara
              Although, I do believe that Hitler knew of Armenians. And to me, his comments about Armenians are of nothing more than historical interest.

"The German people will end up becomming just like the Armenians."

Another interesting one:
              "once so proud people as the Persians, who now had to continue their miserable existance as Armenians."
              Sure, obviously he knew. He, and every politician, and indeed every adult in Europe and America who was alive during the First World War period and its aftermath, would have known of the Genocide. Those other Hitler quotes are interesting - the fact that Hitler was trying to take universal lessons out of Armenian history just shows how widely disseminated that knowledge was.
              Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Yes, that is all true, and it is exactly what I think as well.

But you have to admit that the alleged Hitler quote is not only being used in that way - it is not being used just for the masses. It is being used in literature intended for people who are perfectly able to distinguise truth from fiction, and are perfectly able to absorbe that truth without the aid of oversimplifications and catchy soundbites like the Hitler quote. So it demeans the value of that literature, and its mesage, for that reason.

Someone who uses that particular Hitler quote to me is, in effect, insulting my intelligence. It would be better to risk alienating the "masses" with overly-dense facts, than alienate the "intelligencia" by being overly-simplistic.

Sure, obviously he knew. He, and every politician, and indeed every adult in Europe and America who was alive during the First World War period and its aftermath, would have known of the Genocide. Those other Hitler quotes are interesting - the fact that Hitler was trying to take universal lessons out of Armenian history just shows how widely disseminated that knowledge was.
                Steve, Hitler speech was not about the xxxs, I don't see how then, it could link the Armenian genocide to the Holocaust. Like if Hitlers army needed an example to do whatever they wanted. That statment about the Armenians was in the context of success, how brutal wars might be, and how much lives might be sacrified, killed etc. to succeed, once succeed, people ignored the bad things and only remember the good ones.

About the British archive, I am not finding anything new, just the record in the British archive I talked about in the past.

Comment

Here is an idea for those skilled with photoshop and who want to make mischief , why not have Ataturk depicted doing something really controversial, like fu**ing one (or all) of his adopted "daughters", or busy forging documents to stitch up his political opponents, or secretly engaging in Hebrew rituals.
                  Keep on showing your ugly face. This is the best thing you can do...
                  You can call me a hero.

Comment

Originally posted by cumanicus
                    After I joined this forum and read your posts I don't believe your sorrow for the tragedy that your grandparents faced at 1915. I am sorry for the losses of Armenians at 1915 and the brutal ways of CUP. But after 90 years it is so sad to observe that grandchildrens of those people have turned their ancestors pains into a hobby, a kind of game.
                    I totally agree my friend. Here you can find more forgeries...

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!
                    You can call me a hero.

Comment

Originally posted by wohlkahn
                      I totally agree my friend. Here you can find more forgeries...
                      Doesn't look like you agree
                      this post = teh win.

Comment

Working...
                      X