Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

French National Assembly Adopts Bill on Armenian Genocide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: French National Assembly Adopts Bill on Armenian Genocide

For the record, I disagree with this French bill to make denial of the Armenian Genocide a matter of law. It's stupid and only shows the slippery slope of the Holocaust denial laws.
    Holocaust denial laws based on anti-semitism and Nuremberg Trials.
    Last edited by Selpak; 10-12-2006, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
      For the record, I disagree with this French bill to make denial of the Armenian Genocide a matter of law. It's stupid and only shows the slippery slope of the Holocaust denial laws.
      For the record, I agree with this too (i.e. disagree with the concept behind the new French bill).

However, I think instead, France should make a law prohibiting Turks of b!tching about Freedom of Speech until they fix their own situation in Turkey.
      this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by ARK
        When you "memorize" (or copy paste) something from Voltaire, instead of writing in a "jurkish" font, give some correct information. Voltaire has lived in the18th century
        Oh sorry sorry sorry I gave an incorrect information Voltaire say this in 18th century, so it isnt important, but if I had said that Voltaire said this in 18th century instead of 17th, it could be very affective and I could be right now
        Are u OK? What re u babbling man? 17th or 18th century Is it important?

Originally posted by ARK
        the poor man had condemned the genocides, inquisations and all kind of barbaric actions.
        Its ur opinion to mention about a "genocide". Are these 106 politicians historians or Judges? Have they researched this event for years. Yes they research that How many pottential votes of armenians are in France It is very funny they not only decide about history but also abolishes the freedom of historians or sicientists' speech. Very good politics and I have to say that there arent only 106 deputies in France council and most of the others didnt come to council to vote for this anachronistic decision for fear that 380 thousands votes,but it is democracy

Dont be bought,Im not say this for a slogan or populism.Be sure that I wouldn't criticize or react to any other country except from France like that but these Vote hunters betrayed,the France in 1789, Voltaire,Walter, Montesque, Rosseu's France and the whole French nation except from armenians .
        History is written by agreement of scientists and documents-evidences NOT by the decisions of councils or prejudices

Comment

Originally posted by platana
          Its ur opinion to mention about a "genocide". Are these 106 politicians historians or Judges? Have they researched this event for years.
          Have you? No need to answer
          this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip
            Have you? No need to answer
            But I'm only a citizen,I depict my thoughts, I'm not a deputy who banned the freedom of the people including historians or researchers' speech?Cant you understand the difference a citizen and a deputy who apply sanctions his citizens? I cant understand why did u say this???
            History is written by agreement of scientists and documents-evidences NOT by the decisions of councils or prejudices

Comment

Originally posted by platana
              But I'm only a citizen,I depict my thoughts, I'm not a deputy who banned the freedom of the people including historians or researchers' speech?Cant you understand the difference a citizen and a deputy who apply sanctions his citizens? I cant understand why did u say this???

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                I support it. I want to see the turkic animals show their turkic animalistic behavior all over europe. A guy, I think from Germany, said to me that he thought they should errect Armenian Holocaust memorials in all the turkic infested communities in Germany.

Viva la France!

PS:

We are number 13 on newsbrew:
                Last edited by skhara; 10-12-2006, 04:40 PM.

Comment

The law would set fines of as much as €45,000, or about $56,000, and a year in prison for denying that the killing of Armenians by Ottoman Turks was genocide.

"its not revenge on turkey" its recognising a genocide for xxxx sake
                  Last edited by Ari; 10-12-2006, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by skhara
                    I support it. I want to see the turkic animals show their turkic animalistic behavior all over europe.[=24[/url]
                    yes, the only person who isnt animal must be you. You can insult a nation so easily and say embarrassing things,but this show how is your personality.there is a preverb "the bad saying is belongs to his/her owner".I dont retort to you,cause I have never despise a whole nation because of a miserable man or some miserable men and I wont...but I hope that you can remember that you re a human and you can learn to behave and talk like a human...good luck to you in the way of being and talking like a human.
                    Last edited by platana; 10-12-2006, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo
                      You re really perfect, Im really delightful that you re interested in Turkish mag .You re surprising me....
                      Last edited by platana; 10-12-2006, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X