Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Invitation to Exfo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invitation to Exfo...

Please... lets discuss (in civilized manner) about Anatolian area from 1890s to 1920s....

I would like to hear your point of view based on the research you have done... this is an honest invitation.

Re: Invitation to Exfo...

Originally posted by Gunner14 View Post
    Please... lets discuss (in civilized manner) about Anatolian area from 1890s to 1920s....

I would like to hear your point of view based on the research you have done... this is an honest invitation.
    First, you lose your chance for a civilised discussion. After many insults from you to me, I have no willingness to continue any debate.

Second, I think you did not understand my point. Unlike you I am not sure about the reality, because as I said several times before the reality is being distorted by two sides. If you wouldn't lose your chance for a civilised discussion and we would start it, I know what kind of picture you will draw to me. You will start from the 1895-96 massacres, Hamidian troops, 1915 Van, and then 24 April arrests and killings, and then deportation, taking Armenian men to the military without guns, and then massacres, and then your secret telegrams that proove CUP has a plan for genocide, and then so called Naim Bey memoires, Morhenthau's book, blue book, Istanbul trials at 1919, etc. And you will conclude as there were around 2 million Armenians at 1914 and 150.000 remained at 1920, so Turks made genocide.

Many of them are really correct, but Turks also claim many things which I am sure you know, they claim that most of your evidences for a planned genocide are either fake or war propoganda of ww1 against Ottoman Empire. They have also many other claims as you know. I will not repeat them to start a useless discussion.
    The point here is, to get a solution both sides should establish a relation first and discuss the points one by one without distorting history at the internationla arena.

Dont say me that "oh western world support our thesis so probably we are the good guys and you are the bad ones" Your diaspora lobby distort the reality as much as Turkish government. How can we discuss a historical fact when one of the most important scholar of a middle east history, Bernard Lewis is on trial at the court just because he expressed his scientific opinion that do not match with your official history? How can we discuss anything since your diaspora force the governments and even it is a crime to discuss against your thesis at France and Switzerland? How can we discuss anything when you parrot the same "there is nothing to discuss, all the facts are clear, just confess it and get out of here" thing at "your" every post. How can we discuss anything when you (this one is singular you) are full of prejudices and stereotypes about Turks and Islam? How can we discuss anything when you believe that it is free to insult Turks if they dont accept your claims?

I have no willingness to discuss anythin with you Gunner.
    The point here is not whether the Armenian genocide was a reality or not. The point is the freedom of speech.
    Both sides restrain it. And the difference between you and me is I am ready to critisize the blind propoganda of Turkish government against Armenians and 1915, but you are not ready to critisize anything from you side because of your victim psyhcology and national identity based on this genocide myth.
    Last edited by exfo; 05-26-2007, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by exfo View Post
      Unlike you I am not sure about the reality.

We know this very well. You don't have to say it.

Originally posted by exfo View Post
      I have no willingness to discuss anythin with you Gunner. ... because of your victim psyhcology and national identity based on this genocide myth.
      You are not willing to discuss yet you are so willing to call the Genocide facts a "myth". It is quite obvious you cannot discuss these topics because you are simply not equipped to discuss things. You are just here to repeat some rediculous things you have read about how "Armenian identity" is based on this "myth". Other than that, you have not said ANYTHING that is remotely interesting. All you do is spew crap and then you wonder why you are not taken seriously.

This thread was your chance .. you have been begging for "intelligent discussion" but given the chance, the first thing you did is to weasel out of it.

I am sorry to say but Gunner, what did you really expect from making this thread? Just look in the archives of this form and there have been many many many such threads. They all end in the same way with the Turkish trolls simply incapable of bringing forth ANY reasonable "argument".
      Last edited by Sip; 05-26-2007, 02:25 PM.
      this post = teh win.

Comment

Spurious point....

Anytime you discuss history, it will not be 100% accurate... so we rely on eye witnesses, memoirs, documents, etc...

I lost my chance? Please, you are the one who was making fun of anyone who wanted the genocide recognized by saying things..

"1.5 mllion turks should die?" --- sarcasm perhaps, but you are insulting our intelligence.

or

"maybe we should give turkey back to armenia" - again stupid remark

or

"all armenians are obsessed with turkish issues" - again how can you say something liek this? do you know all armenians?

or

"you have no normal life, your children will have hatred, your diaspora should live differently" -- do you understand how you are crossing lines?

or

"intelectual terror, armenian's comitted genocide in azerbejian"

by saying things the above on an armenian forum, you are inviting insults...

you say you're not sure of "reality" yet you call Dr. Bernard Lewis "the most important historian of middle east
        You say you're not certain yet don't hesitate to call it a "myth" if you're not certain why do you call it a myth.

"victim of psyhcology and national identity based on this genocide." i dont refute this.... you have the similar issue regarding USA... doesnt mean 4/15/1915 was a myth.

"Second, I think you did not understand my point. Unlike you I am not sure about the reality, because as I said several times before the reality is being distorted by two sides. If you wouldn't lose your chance for a civilised discussion and we would start it, I know what kind of picture you will draw to me. You will start from the 1895-96 massacres, Hamidian troops, 1915 Van, and then 24 April arrests and killings, and then deportation, taking Armenian men to the military without guns, and then massacres, and then your secret telegrams that proove CUP has a plan for genocide, and then so called Naim Bey memoires, Morhenthau's book, blue book, Istanbul trials at 1919, etc. And you will conclude as there were around 2 million Armenians at 1914 and 150.000 remained at 1920"

I honestly don't want turkey to recgonize the genocide, because its not realistic... but i would like them to speak of the above (waht you stated) and let their citizens decide if it was a genocide or not... but they dont!!! Freedom of speech? Hah --- that is all i want for turkey to establish amreican constitutions first amendment... that's all

You seem more of a psychologist than a historian....

enter the Matrix!
        Last edited by Gunner14; 05-26-2007, 03:18 PM.

Comment

What kind of similiarity is there between Armenian's approach towards Turks and that of Turks towards USA,Gunner 14?
          I find this rain pleasant. It is as if the raindrops are blessing our victory.-Kuja

Comment

Oooo a new user! Wow. Welcome to the forum Kuja.
            this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuja View Post
              What kind of similiarity is there between Armenian's approach towards Turks and that of Turks towards USA,Gunner 14?

but,
              I can't answer because i'm so blidned with hatred and post traumatic stress, that i am incapable of forming coherent opinions based on what i observe... sorry, i'm blinded by armenian propaganda and everything I say has no merit.

i dont want to talk about modern islam nation or american influence on the world.. i can write a 200 page thesis on it... i rather not

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
                Oooo a new user! Wow. Welcome to the forum Kuja.
                Thanks Sip.That is a warm welcome.I hope it continues
                I find this rain pleasant. It is as if the raindrops are blessing our victory.-Kuja

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner14 View Post
                  but,
                  I can't answer because i'm so blidned with hatred and post traumatic stress, that i am incapable of forming coherent opinions based on what i observe... sorry, i'm blinded by armenian propaganda and everything I say has no merit.
                  You would not be able to say such things if you were.
                  I mean he who has really gotten by hatred cant even mention his devout.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
                    This thread was your chance .. you have been begging for "intelligent discussion" but given the chance, the first thing you did is to weasel out of it.
                    Sip, you are turning into a pathetic loser, you just losed your autocontrol about me. I wrote clearly that I dont want to discuss anything with you or Gunner anymore and I dont even reply your provocative posts about me. I dont beg any intelligent discussion, especially with you. Why do you still humiliate yourself? There are many other members here without me. Go and post to them, you can continue to post them about me, but just stop to post me, capish?
                    Last edited by exfo; 05-26-2007, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X