Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Genocide Documents

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Report on the massacre of Armenians in Cilicia under French administration. March 7, 1920.

Decypher, Admiral de Robeck, (Constantinople),
    March 7th, 1920.
    D. 4.20. p.m. March 7th. 1920.
    R. 5.45. p.m. March 8th. 1920.
    No.200. (R).

No. 5. Confirmation of news of Marash: 18,000 massacred in district: city burnt and without supplies and has not been relieved: 2,000 refugees have reached Adana: 13,000 women and children perished in snow-storm on way there: 8,000 Armenians still in Marash of whom many are wounded: Hadjia Zeitoun isolated: Adana, Tarsus not immediately threatened, but anxious and unsettled: no confidence of security in district. Message ends.

I submit any appearance of official confirmation of this message should be guarded against. We have no information other than that already telegraphed. French, as previously stated, are very reticent but take the line that loss of life is to be ascribed to casualties incident to hostilities and subsequent withdrawal rather than to massacre.

Comment

General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

VERBATIM REPRODUCTION OF CERTAIN PASSAGES FROM THE BOOK
        **** "THE ARMENIAN GENOCIDE AND THE TRIAL OF THE YOUNG TURKS"
        [ These represent part of the "Transcript of his Highness Patishah's Extraordinary Courts-Martial Convened by Imperial Authorization, on 8 March 1335 (1919); and published in the Ottoman Official Gazette, "Takvimi Vekayi", on 27 April 1335 (1919). #3540 ]
        ~ The documents at hand [with the Courts-Martial] corroborate that the Central Committee of the Teskilalti Mahsousa [Special Organization -*formed for the deportation of the Armenians] was at the same time made up of two distinct organizations, of which one operated in accordance with the inner rules and bylaws of the Party [Ittihad ve Terakki = Committee of Union and Progress (C.U.P.)], while the other operated underground, on the basis of secret orders. The evidence, which confirms the culpability of the above mentioned [Sait Halim,*Enver, Talat, Cemal, Ibrahim, Sukru, Halil, Ahmed Nesimi, Midhat Sukru, Kemal, Ziya Gokalp, Doctor Ruzuhi, Kucuk Talat - some members of the Supreme Council of the Parliament,*others members of the Central Committee of the*C.U.P. - also Behaeddin Sakir, Doctor Nazim and Riza - leaders of the Teskilati Mahsousa - as well as Azis Bey and Cevat Bey] influential leaders of the Committee, attests* that the*Committee, its true face, be charged with the crimes of violation of public order, profiteering and for the perpetration of a series of massacres.
        ~ Party leaders ... endeavored to exploit Europe's preoccupation with the*World War, and attempted by the use of terror and brute force, to solve issues and*questions that could have otherwise been resolved peacefully, with fair and sound judgment. ... To realize their secret objectives, they encouraged, during military operations, the activities of secret committees. Thus, by releasing criminals and convicts from prisons, they created Teskilati Mahsousa, which received its secret orders and instructions from a Special Committee created in Istanbul.
        ~ Enormous sums of money were distributed to the agents of Teskilati Mahsousa and, generally, in the regions of their operation [mainly in the Eastern*vilayets (ancestral lands of the Armenians)]. Doctor Behaeddin*Sakir transmitted the cipher keys to the leaders of Teskilati Mahsousa, and provided them with automobiles, large sums of monies and other necessary ammunitions. By these means he was able to put into effect the secret plans of the Ittihad ve Terakki [Committee of Union and Progress].
        ~ Armed with instructions from the higher-ups, a number of operatives of this organization [Teskilati Mahsousa] were sent to the different regions; and together with the regional Responsible Secretaries of the Ittihad ve*Terakki, and government officials, they began, under the pretext of carrying out the orders of the*Party, or in response to the coercions of certain people, to indiscriminately massacre and rob the people, to raze their properties and to torture them to death... While the flash pint of terror was aimed mainly at the Armenians, other peoples (withing the*Empire) and a great number of Turks suffered also. [Reference is perhaps to those Turkish officials who were either dismissed or executed for refusing to implement the deportations and massacres.]
        ~ The key finding of this investigation shows that the criminal acts that took place at various times and in various places, during the deportations of the Armenians, were not isolated, local incidents, but were premeditated and realized by the oral instructions and secret orders of the*<Special Center>, which was composed of the united power of the above-mentioned individuals.
        *~*THE FOLLOWING IS THE CONCLUSION REACHED AFTER THE EXAMINATION OF THE DOCUMENTS, THE AFFIDAVITS, AND THE CREDIBLE TESTIMONIES.
        *~ The nature of the Teskilati Mahsousa ... was, as the evidence clearly shows, especially secretive; and its real aim was to commit criminal acts. This secret network was led by Central Committee Members Doctor Nazim, Behaeddin Sakir, Atif,*Riza, and Aziz Bey. The headquarters of Behaeddin Sakir were in Erzurum [part of the Armenian Provinces], from where he directed the forces of the Eastern Vilayets.*Aziz, Atif and Nazim Beys*operated in Istanbul, and their decisions were approved and implemented by*Cevat Bey, the Military Governor of Istanbul.
        *~ The torturing and massacres in Diyarbakir [a city in the interior far away from any war zone] took place at the instigation of the fugitive [at the time of the trials in Germany] Talat Bey. This is confirmed by the contents of a cipher-telegram sent to*Talat Bey from*Ali Suad Bey, the mutasarrif of Der Zor. Ihsan*Bey, Director of the*Special Office of the Interior Ministry, confirms that Abdulahad Nuri Bey, Kaymakam of Kilis, who had been sent from Istanbul to take office in Aleppo, had announced that: "The main reason for the deportations is annihilation (of the Armenians)"; and that he had gotten in touch with Talat*Bey regarding this matter, and that he had received direct orders for the massacres from him; and that he (Talat) had persuaded him that*this was the only way for the salvation of the country [...].
        *~ In a September 15, 1331 (1915) cipher-telegram, sent by Resid to the Interior Ministry, it is mentioned that the number of Armenians being deported from Diyarbakir had reached 120,000 - which demonstrates the scope and meaning of the operation that had taken place.
        General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Information about educator resources & opportunities.

Comment

This page gets called when the system can't find a page requested by the user.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

1.5 million Armenians killed in Ottoman Empire

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X