Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Genocide Documents

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

An article by a Survivor of the Armenian Genocide, Nishan Nercessian

by Nishan Nercessian (Eyewitness Accont - 10/6/2001)
      I will prove in this article that the deportations of Armenians were decided by the ruling Ittihad Party as far back as 1910.
      The accusations that the Armenians were disloyal and were fighting with the Russian Army are false because the Armenians in the Russian Army or in guerilla bands were Russian citizens and were doing their military duty for
      their country. War Minister Enver Pasha is said to have blamed the Armenians for his defeat on the Russian-Turkish front in the winter of 1914-1915 when it was his incompetence of ordering a Turkish attack in the
      middle of winter, which ended with a Russian victory. He did not know that you do not make war in Russia in winter.

During 1914-1918, all Armenian males, age 18-48, were taken into the Turkish Army, worked to death or killed outright.

Dr. Ataov should be aware of the existence of the Chadwyck-Healy (1101 King St., Alexandra, VA 22314) publication of some 30,000 microfiches containing
      the reports, letters and eyewitness accounts of many U.S. diplomats, missionaries, doctors and nurses who were in Turkey during the Genocide. But I will quote more Turkish and European documents proving Turkish premeditation and guilt of the Armenian Genocide.

Prof. Vahakn Dadrian, in his book, The Armenian Genocide (pp. 180-184), writes about the secret speeches of Talaat Pasha, Minister of the Interior, to the Ittihad members during their convention in Salonika (Turkish territory at that time) in 1910. In these speeches, Talaat spoke of plans to homogenize the peoples in Turkey and stop the intervention of foreign powers on behalf of the Armenians and other minorities." Intelligence sources informed the French Consul Choublier, British Vice Consul Arthur Geary and Austrian Vice Consul Zitkovsky of the speeches which were naturally cabled to their respective governments. These reports are available today to any researcher. Naturally, the Armenian nation is eternally indebted to Prof. Dadrian for finding and publishing these documents.

Another document is the book Armenians in Ottoman Documents (1915-1920) published by the Turkish Republic, Prime Ministry, General Directorate of the State Archives, Directorate of Ottoman Archives, Publication No. 25, Ankara, 1995. The book is printed in Turkish and I am indebted to Sarkis Karayan, M.D., for his review and translation into English of segments, which appeared in The Armenian Observer of July 29 and August 5, 1998. The book is 642 pages long, containing 262 telegrams, the majority of which were signed by Talaat Pasha. I will quote two telegrams and give my reasons for quoting them.

1) The Sublime Porte
      Ministry of Interior
      Office of the Director of General Security
      Special 14
      Coded Urgent and Secret
      This evening at 10:23 hours, train no. 78 will leave Haidarpasha (Istanbul train station - S.K.) and will arrive in Ankara the day after, at eight o'clock (along) with train No. 164 there are fifteen policemen, two officers, one commissar, one civilian official accompanied by seventy-five
      armed soldiers and about one hundred eighty deportees consisting of Armenian revolutionaries and those whose living here (in Istanbul - S.K.) is considered to be inconvenient. Of these, as our coded telegram of yesterday stated, about sixty to seventy will remain under arrest in the military
      depot in Ayash and the remaining hundred will be deported via Ankara, without staying there, to Changri. The deportees to Ayash will be separated at Sinjankoy station where armed troops will be ready to take them to Ayash. Or you may take all the deportees to Ankara and from there separate in two groups and send them to Ayash and Changri. The safety and comfort of deportees is entrusted to your understanding.
      25 April 1915
      Minister (Talaat)
      My question to Dr. Ataov is: Why did the Turkish government arrest these
      and other Armenian intellectuals (religious leaders, members of the Ottoman
      Parliament, teacher, writers, doctors, etc.), about 345 in number? They
      were deported within days, without any charges or trial, to the interior of
      Turkey to be massacred. Only a handful were saved.

2) Page 150, Document 179

The Feeding and Lodging of Homeless Armenians
      30 April 1916
      Translation of the Telegram Coded
      Copy to Deputy General Commander His Excellency Enver Pasha

1. All those Armenian families whose male members have been deported or have
      been conscripted in the army, and, as a result, these families have been
      isolated or without a male parent should be distributed in small towns and
      villages that do not have any foreign or Armenian population. Expenses for
      these families should be provided from the budget for (Turkish - S.K.)
      immigrants, and they (Armenians - S.K.) should get acquainted with local
      customs.

2. Young women and widows should get married.

3. All children below the age of twelve should be distributed in our orphanages.

4. If there are not enough places in orphanages, the children should be given to well-to-do Moslem families so they will learn customs and culture and thus get assimilated.

5. If there are no well-to-do Moslem families that can adopt and educate the orphans, they should be distributed in villages and 30 kurush per month should be spent for each one from the budget of Turkish immigrants. Reports about the implementation of these decisions to be sent gradually.
      Minister (of Interior)

My second question to Dr. Ataov is: If there were no killings of Armenians, why was the Minister of Interior Talaat sending these telegrams to the governors of provinces?

Finally, I quote from an interview given by Dr. Ataov to the Turkish weekly Nokta in 1984: "...thirteen hundred persons were sentenced; what else do you want?" But, further on, he glosses over the following fact: If Talaat had not given those order, if the documents are faked, why then were those criminals convicted? These few lines of confession by Dr. Ataov were translated from the Armenian and published in the supplement "Kroonk" of
      Sovetakan Hayastan, No. 9, 1984.

My final advice to Dr. Ataov and those interested in the truth on the Armenian Genocide: Please read the Turkish papers (or translations) of Istanbul of 1919 and on.

Many readers, like Sarkis Karayan, M.D., reviewer of the above book, The Armenians in Ottoman Documents, published by the Turkish Republic in 1995, might wonder why the Turkish government published these incriminating documents in that year. I believe they were published to prepare the

Turkish opinion for an official recognition of the responsibility of the Ittihad Government for organizing and carrying out the Armenian Genocide. Another reason is to convince all those Turks, who have not yet made up their minds about the recognition and apologies for the Genocide, that this book is an official confession.
      All they need is some courage, a vote in the Parliament and the approval of the Turkish Army General Staff.

Copyright © 2001 Nishan Nercessian
      General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

New evidence on Armenian Genocide revealed 18.10.2007 20:52 GMT+04:00 (IMG:http://panarmenian.net/news/images/ico_print.gif) (IMG:http://panarmenian.net/news/images/ico_mail.gif) (IMG:http://panarmenian.net/news/images/ico_rus.gif) /PanARMENIAN.Net/ In the result of the consistent work during last years new photos and documents on the Armenian Genocide were revealed from different countries’ state archives and private collections by various researchers dealing with the issues of the Armenian Genocide, reported the press office of the Museum-Institute of Armenian Genocide.

Photos made by Austrian military man Victor Pitchman are of great interest. Victor Pitchman was born in Vienna in 1881. He was in Turkey from 1914 till the end of the World War First. First he served in Turkish then in Austrian and German armies. He built Turkish mountain firing in Erzerum and drew war map of the South Western Asia for the German main headquarter. Being in Erzerum he witnessed Armenian slaughters carried out by the Ottoman government. There are deportation views of the Armenians in photos made by Pitchman near Erzerum. Artem Ohandjanyan, doctor of historical sciences, a resident of Austria provided these photos with the photo collection of the AGMI.

New photos were revealed also in the state achieves of the Deutsche Bank and they were contributed to the AGMI. Meanwhile the museum collection was enriched with dozens of unprinted memoirs recorded by the survivors of the genocide.

Reminiscence “War and Peace memories” by Eric af Wirsen, military attaché of the Swedish Embassy to the Ottoman Empire, contains exclusive facts on the Armenian Genocide. One of its chapters is titled as “Slaughter of one nation” where the author describes one of the greatest crimes of the 20th century. The author witnessed the mass graves of the Armenians in the vicinity of Euphrates as well as he had direct contacts with foreign diplomats, who witnessed the massacre. Mr. Wirsen writes, “Slaughters were carried out in such ways that humanity has never seen since the middle ages”.

Wirsen was informed by different consuls that the Turkish gendarmes entered houses of foreign diplomats, and without any words they shot their servants of Armenian origin. Eric af Wirsen notices that it is difficult to release the Germans from the responsibility as they did nothing to prevent the bloodshed. Mr. Wirsen also states that some German officers gave back the medals and rewards granted by the Ottoman government with the following reason they cannot accept any honors from a government carrying out such cruelties. “I join to the words of general fon Lossov who tête-à-tête told me that slaughters of the Armenians were the most terrible brutalities in the world history”, wrote Wirsen.

As a primary source this work is important and valuable as first it was written by a representative of Sweden, a neutral state during the war, where Ambassador Morgenthau’s evidences are affirmed for many times. Concluding the above-mentioned chapter, Wirsen wrote, “I constantly recollect cynic expression of Talaat’s face when he said there is no “Armenian problem” anymore”.

Comment

Re: Armenian Genocide Documents

Found this the other day. I put a link on hyeclub on “Armenian Allies” discussion. I suppose it would be more appropriate here. I am not sure if this has been added to AG documents, you guys would know better, but I thought I post it here as well.

It is from the Archives of NY Times dated 1921 titled: President reaches decision on Armenia.

Full article which is only a few paragraphs in PDF file.

Live news, investigations, opinion, photos and video by the journalists of The New York Times from more than 150 countries around the world. Subscribe for coverage of U.S. and international news, politics, business, technology, science, health, arts, sports and more.
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
          X