Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Belgium's New Bill to Punish Armenian Genocide Deniers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belgium's New Bill to Punish Armenian Genocide Deniers

Belgium Punishes Armenian Genocide Deniers

Belgium prepares to give imprisonment and fines to those who deny the Armenian Genocide. The extended present Jewish Genocide bill was accepted in the Belgian parliament on Thursday, April 21.

There were 108 "Yes" votes but no "No" votes against the new law and there were also 21 abstainers in the election. Thus, Belgium will be the first country where those who deny the Armenian Genocide are sentenced to prison and fined. If the bill is put into practice, the Turkish politicians in this country will have difficulties voicing their ideas.

The law draft passed from the Justice Commission on April 15 and was approved on April 21 then sent to the Senate. If it is accepted by the Senate it will be sent to the King. Observes noted that it is bad news that the draft passed from the parliament because most of the drafts that were accepted by the parliament are accepted by the Senate.

The draft, which was accepted on April 21 and extends the present Jewish Genocide Law envisages imprisonment from eight days to one year and a fine from 26 euros to 5,000 euros to the "deniers." These punishments will be given to those who underestimate the genocide, who defend it and who support the genocide or crimes against humanity. These crimes have to be described by the International Law. Denying Genocide in the international courts which are recognized by Belgium, United Nations (UN) General Assembly or the Security Council, Belgium Justice or any other EU member country will be sufficient to lead Belgium justice mechanism to work. Therefore, the justice mechanism will allow Belgium to bring criminal charges against the "deniers" if this action is counted as a crime in any EU country.

If the bill becomes law, politicians of Turkish origin in Belgium will have great difficulty voicing their ideas. Liberal Party member of Turkish decent Sevket Temiz who said recently on a radio broadcast that there is not strong evidence that an Armenian Genocide took place in 1915 is having great difficulty these days. Temiz's being sent to the party's disciplinary organ is on the agenda now. Temiz had suggested in his speech that an independent and common History Commission should investigate the issue. It is estimated that 150,000 Turks live in Belgium but there are only 6-7,000 Armenians living there.

Link

YES!!!!!!!! ALL RIGHT!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU Belgium!!!!!!! they talked the talk and now they will walk the walk, This is a very happy news..!!!!!

Comment

The funny thing is, Turkey always blames Armenian citizens of a country for pushing the Genocide into recognition, like they say because so many Armenians live in France, France recognized it. Well , in this case the article says 150,000 Turks live in Belgium but there are only 6-7,000 Armenians.

Now what?

Comment

Long live Belgium! Long live Belgium! Hope they have big prisons there!

Comment

Originally posted by Tongue
          The funny thing is, Turkey always blames Armenian citizens of a country for pushing the Genocide into recognition, like they say because so many Armenians live in France, France recognized it. Well , in this case the article says 150,000 Turks live in Belgium but there are only 6-7,000 Armenians.

Now what?
          It's the failure of Turks. Because we never used our money, and population to effect political events!

Then, the bill shows us that there is no freedom of speech in Belgium. If the EU make it ownself, how can tell us that you have to give people more freedom of speech. I don't understand that paradox.

Comment

Originally posted by isimsizadam
            It's the failure of Turks. Because we never used our money, and population to effect political events!

Then, the bill shows us that there is no freedom of speech in Belgium. If the EU make it ownself, how can tell us that you have to give people more freedom of speech. I don't understand that paradox.
            Don't be naive, Turkey spends plenty of money to deny the genocide... Such a shame.

So are you saying those 15 countries recieved money to recognize the genocide? How old are you? They risked their relations with Turkey by recognizing the genocide, that's big! But they did it anyway... why? Because it's the truth. They would never risk damaging their relations with a country as powerful as Turkey over a lie.

Comment

We never wasted our money as much as you used. I don't which are these countries. And I don't care them too. As you can see, We are starting negotiations talks in October. So they didn't risk anything. I'm waiting for how they will change their own rules.

Freedom of Speech! Isn't it a paradox.

By the way;

My name is Anıl and from Souther part of Turkey (Isparta)

Comment

Originally posted by Tongue
                Don't be naive, Turkey spends plenty of money to deny the genocide... Such a shame.
                Have we been organized big organizations? No, I don't think so. But, don't be afraid. We'll because it's getting out of control. First step; We opened our archives, I'm excited that how many Armenian Historian will come to Turkey, and will declare the results of their research objectivly.

Comment

Originally posted by isimsizadam
                  We never wasted our money as much as you used. I don't which are these countries. And I don't care them too. As you can see, We are starting negotiations talks in October. So they didn't risk anything. I'm waiting for how they will change their own rules.

Freedom of Speech! Isn't it a paradox.

By the way;

My name is Anıl and from Souther part of Turkey (Isparta)
                  You haven't spent as much money because you don't have a reason to. We want justice and we want to get the genocide recognized, why would you spend money? lol
                  Not that you haven't spent money at all, you've spent plenty of money...
                  If it's a lie, like you claim it to be, why DO YOU spend money? You should just be calm and relaxed and let historical facts take care of it... If you know there is nothig to be scared of.

Comment

Yes, one more victory. But not final. I am sure the truth will succeed.

Comment

Working...
                    X