Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Gamats Gamats Friendship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamats Gamats Friendship

It is the first time: 24 Turks and Armenians Youngs meet in Antakya (Turkey).

RADIKAL DAILY August 25, 2005
    Headline by Markar ESAYAN (Writer of AGOS)

I am trying to translate it with summarizing.

Armenian Youngs who came to Antakya from Armenia for Summer School named Gamats Gamats, showed that the friendship with Turkey will not finish easily.

With undertaking of Helsinki Citizenships Club, ‘Gamats Gamats Summer School’ was held between August 9-18, 2005. Twenty-four university student from Armenia and Turkey joined the lessons together for 10 days. Choosing the Antakya was significant because all of people who are from different religion, race and sects have been living in accordance for centuries.

Frankly, when I joined the activity in the middle time, Youngs had already been very close. Armenian Youngs was calling the Turks with putting it in front of their names the adjective ‘can’(djan) that has the same meaning in Turkish like Armenian. And Turks made an immediate invention that was ‘ciger’ (Turks use it when mentioning their darlings). When they were together it was impossible to know who is an Armenian, Turk or Kurd.

One of the five big festival (Surp Asdvazadsin) of Armenians would be celebrated in an Armenian village ‘Vakıflıköy’in Antakya-Samandag. The Armenian Youngs were very surprised of when learning there is an Amenian village in Turkey. Meanwhile, they published a newspaper with Turks named Gamats and wrote a very nice theatre performance then played it together. A thing that made me very impressed, Armenian Youngs presented their gifts to Turk Youngs from their own hands.

…….maybe the reason of getting angry of each other is from living very close and resemblance. The two nations are perhaps feeling the same thing and having difficulity to forgive each other. We have been learning to be enemies and trying this for years, so what have we had? Even if it is ‘Gamats Gamats’ isn’t it the time of approaching?

Cute Article.

Originally posted by Cosmos
    …….maybe the reason of getting angry of each other is from living very close and resemblance. The two nations are perhaps feeling the same thing and having difficulity to forgive each other.
    Cosmos, is the above quote your words or the writer of the articles?

Feeling the same thing??? You gotta be kidding me! The perpetrator of a crime NEVER could feel the same way as the victim. Cosmos you are way out of line saying / or posting such disrespect. The only party in this duo to be on the forgiving side is Armenians, and Turks should be begging it. What do we have to be forgiven for? The handful of Armenians that defended their innocent families after years of massacre and destruction by the Ottoman Gov't? Was that a crime on our parts? Should we get on our knees and beg you Cosmos to forgive us for not simply bending our knecks and letting your Turks lead us to the slaughter? You have got to be kidding me!

Well, I have always known that there is possibility for Turks, Armenians, Kurds, to live in peace without these arbitrary issues coming into play. How do I know, I have read plenty about the societal iteraction between millets in the Ottoman Empire, and until that government made racial and religious hatred a Turkish priority - we all got along fine, and friends, and neighbors on historical Armenian land. So this article proves nothing we didn't know. However, the point is that as these "Youngs" get to be "Olds" they will realize that reconciliation will not take place to any major degree until RECOGNITION has taken place. Even then, it will be up to the Armenian Nation to try to determine if they can ever trust or build any relationship with their Turkish neighbors.

The good news is that Gamats Gamats, more and more people are talking about the 'taboo' that is the Armenian Genocide in Turkey. More and more 'Turks' are coming out saying 'My grandmother was an Armenian Genocide survivor', 'More and more historians (credible ones, not like the Justin McCarthy Turkish Piggy Bank) are coming out after studying treatment of minorities near the end of the Ottoman Empire and wanting to address the issue. This will not be in the hands of ignorant arrogant Turkish politicians forever. Your societies will eventually regect the infantile treatment, and spoonfeeding of lies from your government... Gamats Gamats...

Comment

Hovik

They are not my thoughts. All the words belong to writer. I just translated them. He as a Turkish Armenian might write it for soft effect only.

Comment

Alright, thanks cosmos, the Armenian should get his head checked...

Comment

Originally posted by cosmos
          The two nations are perhaps feeling the same thing and having difficulity to forgive each other.

No comment needed.

Comment

Tongue, you and people who are like you will someday learn the price of peace. Enmity is always prisoner of losing, and only peace keepers will always be remembered in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmos
              Tongue, you and people who are like you will someday learn the price of peace. Enmity is always prisoner of losing, and only peace keepers will always be remembered in the future.
              So you're saying that a Turk and an Armenian share the same feelings about the genocide, therefore they can't forgive each other? VERY INTERESTING

So help me understand, explain to me the feelings Turkish people have and how it is comparable to people like me who've lost family members in the genocide and are facing the Turkish governmental denial today.... How can the possibly be the same? Good Lord.

Comment

Working...
              X