Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Genocide Issue In Argentina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armenian Genocide Issue In Argentina

Buenos Aires Archbishop Called Turkey to Unconditionally Recognize Armenian Genocide
    25.04.2006 23:21 GMT+04:00
    /PanARMENIAN.Net/ There ceremony of commemoration of victims of the Armenian Genocide, held by Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio, Archbishop of Buenos Aires (Argentina) was a peculiar beginning of events marking the 91st anniversary of the Armenian Genocide, reports the Press Service of the Armenian MFA. The Cardinal urged Turkey to unconditionally recognize the Armenian Genocide as a gravest crime of Ottoman Turkey against the Armenian people and the entire humanity.

A mourning liturgy was served April 24 in Armenian churches of Argentine. Wreaths were laid at Armenian monuments. Youth organizations organized political actions: a procession, which then came to the Turkish Embassy building to protest. British House of Lords former Speaker, baroness Caroline Cox delivered a lecture at the International Book Exhibition. Speaking of this crime against humanity she said the Genocide was not properly recognized in some countries owing to political considerations. She hoped Turkey will finally realize “the importance for the Turkish people to get rid of this load.”

April 24 events marking the anniversary of the Armenian Genocide continues in Argentine. Armenian community members laid a wreath to monument to Argentinean national hero – general San-Martin. A monument opened in the Armenian Square of Buenos Aires dedicated to victims of the Armenian Genocide.

Argentinean media wrote about the anniversary of the Armenian Genocide for several days. April 23 the central 7th channel broadcast a program, dedicated to the Genocide.
    "All truth passes through three stages:
    First, it is ridiculed;
    Second, it is violently opposed; and
    Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Law On Defining April 24 Day Of Genocide Memory

HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES OF BUENOS AIRES STATE ADOPTS LAW ON DEFINING
    APRIL 24 DAY OF GENOCIDE MEMORY

BUENOS AIRES, APRIL 28, NOYAN TAPAN - ARMENIANS TODAY. The House of
    Representatives of the state of Buenos Aires, Argentina, adopted on
    April 26 by an unenimous votion (92 votes) the draft law by which
    April 24 of every year is defined in the state as "the Memory Day of
    the first Genocide of the 21st century the victim of which the Armenia
    people became." Serjio Nahapetian, a deputy of the House of
    Representatives of the state presented the draft. Speakers of all the
    7 parties represented in the Parliament supported the draft with
    separate speeches. The draft was adopted with stand applause. As Noyan
    Tapan was informed by the RA Foreign Ministry's Press and Information
    Department, the law will come into force after being affirmed by the
    Senate of the state and the Governor.
    First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Argentine Parliament Recognizes Armenian Genocide

BUENOS AIRES (Armenia)--In a vote of 175 to two abstentions the lower house of Argentina's parliament Wednesday adopted a resolution recognizing the Armenian Genocide.
      First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Good Luck

Another political catastrophe Turkey. Congrats Armenia!
        Believe in it or not.
        May be or not.
        But my belief is that as long as political instability exist in Turkey, there will be no progress in challenging the genocide issue. The problem is that there are so many political parties in Turkey with different views and none of them has an Armenian Genocide Agenda if they become the ruling party. What all of them does not understand is Armenia spread her cause all over the world and rest their case.

Turks failed acknowledged this issue while it was fresh(1923-1938). New republic should have recognised the voices of that time and deal with it in order to relieve the burdens of all minorities. But, of course we have to understand it was a nation dealing with new ordeals and reforms and its own people was struggling to adapt to these changes. And now after 90 years today Turkey has no legitimate country standing behind her on this issue. Even there are some countries neutral, that is because of her geopolitical standing.

I hope turkish government understands one day this issue needs to be solved before any other interior politics or exterior.

One God

One Nation=Earth, One Race=Human

Comment

A minute of silence pray for innocent souls.

May all the suffering of innocent lives rest in peace.

p.s. I forgot the mention my sympathy for all innocent souls that suffered unfair deads from all over the world. God is the only one that knows all!!!!!

Comment

GOARAVE - I appreciate your expressions implicitly recognizing the Armenian Genocide - however I want to point two things out. First - the majority of the founders of the Turkish Republic were participants and beneficieries of the Armenian Genocide - as was the Republic itself in a sense. In the early days of the Republic the Turks were still finsishing up their actions to ensure that no Armenian voices would ever be heard again in Anatolia and that there would never be any chance of any action ever again towards establishment of any kind of Armenian nation on Anatolian soil. Thus they were hip to chest deep in it to the very least. Likewise in order to unify Turks under the idea of the Republic Ataturk needed to create enemies to rally the Turks around the flag (and divert them from paying attention to/caring aboout the radical changes he was making) - thus he invented and played up this concept of Turks beset by Imperialistic European powers and that the Turks - unifyed - and by the power of their noble blood - and so on and so forth - were able to rise up and defeat these powers against incredible odds...well under this paradigm - Turks are see as the victims - and Armenians are only seen as tools of the Imperialists...so how can a Turk sympathyse with tools of his powerful enemy - eh? Lastly you are mitaken if you think that what matters has anything to do with a platform of one of the Turkish political parties or Turkish politicians - they are - at best - a freak show - out there in public to placate the masses and again - divert attention - from the real power brokers. And it is these very power brokers - descendents from Ottoman elites of old, beneficieries of the Armenian Genocide in a great number of ways - who hold the key...and just when do you think they might come around wh? (and admit their guilt)

Comment

Thank You for your reply 1.5 million.

I am aware of the corruption level in government. My uncle had to serve 3 years in prison between 1980-1983 right after the military coupe' just because he maintained leftist ideals. It is true that Government is still seeking citizens blindly believe in their position.

I can assure many innocent lives has been claimed in that era from both sides. Again, I was sincere when I said Armenians rest their case internationally but the burden has been really heavy for regular turkish immigrants who were merely in foreign countries for bread money. Naturally, Most of them who are educated has been discriminated for their ethnic identity. The internet is flowing with pages to delittle turkish identity(Check on your search engine:United Human Rights Council). Under Turkish T-shirt you're going to find an Iron Skull with FES on head and little triangle representing the brain on the head.

Like many people I am proud of my turkish identity but not pro-government. I believe Turkey needs a million people march to change mentality of government. But last time that was tried in 1960 as a part of leftist parties and many people were imprisoned, suffering torture in prisons by police.

I am solely representing humane idealism of nations coming together and living peacefully forever. Utopia or not but I believe in it.

Comment

GOARAVE - we need more Turks like you to participate in forums such as this. We may not always agre on things - and thats OK - but at least you have some perspective - and while proud of your Turkish heritage are not blindly nationalistic to the point where any critiscism of Turkey (past or present) is just seen as an (unwarrented) attack against it. Face it - your nation has some serious problems (as nearly all do) and has some serious historical baggage that it seems unable - at this point in time - to come to terms with. Much of the reason for this is the hyper-nationalsim that Ataturk encouraged and that comes from having once been a mightly Empire that now is just a regular nation of no real special importance.

Comment

I would like to let you know that I have a clear understanding that this forum is solely dedicated to the Armenian case and I am not here to prove my points but merely to have an clear understanding of ongoing hatred. Again, I had many Armenian friends here in states met through college and we never had one confrontation regarding this issue.

I want to avoid some misunderstandings with regards to my previous posts. I have never implied that genocide term is appropriate to what happened back then. But it is true that both peasant villager Turks and Armenians paid heavy prices as a result of Ottomans poor handling of war time politics. This includes Kurds, Greeks, and other minorities. Ottomans were under attack from east-west-north and south and they clearly were threaten with land claims from all sides. I clearly acknowledge that Armenians rest their case internationally but it was wrong to label these to modern day Turks. Again, it looks like there are some contradictions how the history interperted. As a matter of fact, my mother in law's father was Armenian and Mother was Turkish. My mother in law states that, who is half armenian, her father owned 1/3 of eastern Erzrum until 1958 before his mistress bribed half of it on her and lost rest on gambling.It is obvious that full blood Armenian could have owned land in repuclican era and there was no clear confistication of lands.(Eastern Erzrum- Little bit more than the size of Vatican)

On the other hand, it is true that Ataturk was a nationalist and therefore, there is nothing wrong with his victorous ideals for Turks to have a Land that they can call Turkiye. My father's grand grand parents are convert Bulgarian Christians and My mother's parents are actually Slavian Muslims. Again, it is true There is not a single full blood Turk that can claim their heritage to Pre-Ottomans before 1299. Pure Oghuz Turk blood was already started to shake when Osman 1's son Orhan accepted a Serbian woman as his bride. Today, most of the Turks accept and happy to call themselves Turk as an concept that was clearly stated by Ataturk. Most of the Young Turk's, referring the so called pan-Turanistic movement, were french educated, I stareted to suspect that French is not norm for peace. Looking back to their savage history. Ottomans just started to look like them after they accepted the stupid idea of if we mock them, we might be accepted as a modernised nation.(1699 Treaty of Karlofca) the decline of the empire after 4 centuries. Again, French likes to play two sides.

I hate repeat myself but I am going to do this once. I feel for every innocent souls IN THE WORLD that were sacrificied in the name of big NOTHING AND I CHOOSE TO PRAY FOR ALL OF THEM. But some causes, like ATATURK, was inevitable so many peoples can call a piece of land their home(I N THE NAME OF TODAYS CURRENT WORLD POLITICS) By the way, it is amazing to find a big Turkish-Armenian businessman partnership DFH(Turkish TV Satellite in U.S.A) Globalization clearly does not recognise races.

ONE GOD

ONE NATION= Earth ONE RACE=Human

Comment

Originally posted by GOARAVE View Post
                    II want to avoid some misunderstandings with regards to my previous posts. I have never implied that genocide term is appropriate to what happened back then. But it is true that both peasant villager Turks and Armenians paid heavy prices as a result of Ottomans poor handling of war time politics. This includes Kurds, Greeks, and other minorities. Ottomans were under attack from east-west-north and south and they clearly were threaten with land claims from all sides. I clearly acknowledge that Armenians rest their case internationally but it was wrong to label these to modern day Turks. Again, it looks like there are some contradictions how the history interperted.

I have to say that you are very unclear hear. These statements make me wonder just how much you understand about CUP policies and the Armenian genocide (which clearly is correctly termed a genocide - by definition in fact). I think I also shoudl remind you that it was the Ottomans who first attacked Russia and entered intoa secret past with Germany to undertake this war. The CUP had a Pan_Turanic vision - of expanding the Turkish Empire - and excluding those who were neither Turk nor Moslem. You also probably don't realise that the main Armenian revolutionary party had cooperated heavily with the CUP right up until the CUP betryad them in 1915. The CUP was the great betrayer - not only of Armenians but of all Turks. The failure of many Turks to realise/admit this is really problematic. But in fact most Turks really know very little about this history and are making judgements based on peivcemeal propoganda that originated from these very CUP criminals and of course there has been a whole history of myth built up from this day through the Republican days with so much garbage being repeated from the Turkish side. Your expression of Turks being besiegied by land claims form all sides - etc - is an indication that in fact you are one of these Turks who has accepted these rather dubious notions and that such things have clouded your mind from truly understanding the great tragedy and crime of the time - that of the Armenian genocide - which I am sorry to say is as real and as true as it gets - and where the blame for such falls entirely upon the CUP/Ottoman Turks.

Comment

Working...
                    X