Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Genocide Issue In Argentina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steph View Post
    I'm currently reading Hayk Ghazarian's compelling book on the Genocide, The Genocide of the Armenian People in the Ottoman Empire
    Not an easy book to read, but undoubtedly an incredibly difficult one to write. A pity it's not available in all lands.
    I don't know this book. I encourage you to type exerpts here for us that you think are particularly enlightening and apprapo to the discussions.

Comment

Originally posted by GOARAVE View Post
      I want to avoid some misunderstandings with regards to my previous posts. I have never implied that genocide term is appropriate to what happened back then.
      "What took place was genocide, not massacres. I use the word `genocide' because it adequately describes the phenomenon. It's the only term we have that describes it. If one day we have a better word, fine. The English, German, and Turkish languages have only one word to describe. That this has a negative consequence on the Turkish government is something I can't change; I can't change history. I'm not prepared to haggle over it. If a Turkish scholar says it too politicized and he or she doesn't want to use the word, then let him/her take a different subject. If you want to be part of this debate, apply proper terminology and if you don't want to do it, you aren't a scholar."

Hilmar Kaiser - interview with Khatchig Mouradian - 24 September, 2005 - published in Aztag Daily Newspaper

Comment

I want to avoid some misunderstandings with regards to my previous posts. I have never implied that genocide term is appropriate to what happened back then.
        "What took place was genocide, not massacres. I use the word `genocide' because it adequately describes the phenomenon. It's the only term we have that describes it. If one day we have a better word, fine. The English, German, and Turkish languages have only one word to describe. That this has a negative consequence on the Turkish government is something I can't change; I can't change history. I'm not prepared to haggle over it. If a Turkish scholar says it too politicized and he or she doesn't want to use the word, then let him/her take a different subject. If you want to be part of this debate, apply proper terminology and if you don't want to do it, you aren't a scholar."

Hilmar Kaiser - interview with Khatchig Mouradian - 24 September, 2005 - published in Aztag Daily Newspaper

Comment

Originally posted by 1.5 million View Post
          I don't know this book. I encourage you to type exerpts here for us that you think are particularly enlightening and apprapo to the discussions.
          ISBN 99941-0-112-9 Published 2005in in Yerevan.

Hayk Mirzajan GHAZARIAN.

This mongraph is the end result of fifty years of reseaech by hte author. It attempts for the first time in Armenian historiography , at a holistic history of Western Armenia and Armenians. It draws from a vast array of academic publications, periodicals,original sources and , most significantly, bona fide facts revealed in the archival documents of a number of nations, launched into academic exchange for the first time. The author provides a fair rebuttal to Turkish pseudo-historians , offering valid proof to straightforward genocide sine the late 19th century. The work emphasises that the Armenian genocide began in the 90s and culminated in 1922. Sultan Abdul Hamid, the Young Turks and Mustafa Kemal, who exceeded them in cruelty and deviousness, had no scruples about their methods, they slaughtered one of the most ancient nations of this world, razed matchless monuments, appropriated billions' worth of material goods. Not one of the great Western powers restrained the Turkish hyenas, moreover, Kaiser's Germany became an accomplice in Armenoicide. The author's position is resolute: Genocide is a crime against mankind with no statutory limitation, hence current authorities and the people of Turkey are not only morally responsible for the wrong of their predecessors, but should make full restitution of a homeland, that of Western Armenia and Armenian Cilicia (about 325,000 square kilometers) to the Genocide survivors, indemnifying massive material damages as well.

This extracted from the inner flysheet.

I purchased this book at the Memorial at Tsitsernakabert, you should be able to secure one from the net.

Comment

Originally posted by steph View Post
            ISBN 99941-0-112-9 Published 2005in in Yerevan.

Hayk Mirzajan GHAZARIAN.

This mongraph is the end result of fifty years of reseaech by hte author. It attempts for the first time in Armenian historiography , at a holistic history of Western Armenia and Armenians. It draws from a vast array of academic publications, periodicals,original sources and , most significantly, bona fide facts revealed in the archival documents of a number of nations, launched into academic exchange for the first time. The author provides a fair rebuttal to Turkish pseudo-historians , offering valid proof to straightforward genocide sine the late 19th century. The work emphasises that the Armenian genocide began in the 90s and culminated in 1922. Sultan Abdul Hamid, the Young Turks and Mustafa Kemal, who exceeded them in cruelty and deviousness, had no scruples about their methods, they slaughtered one of the most ancient nations of this world, razed matchless monuments, appropriated billions' worth of material goods. Not one of the great Western powers restrained the Turkish hyenas, moreover, Kaiser's Germany became an accomplice in Armenoicide. The author's position is resolute: Genocide is a crime against mankind with no statutory limitation, hence current authorities and the people of Turkey are not only morally responsible for the wrong of their predecessors, but should make full restitution of a homeland, that of Western Armenia and Armenian Cilicia (about 325,000 square kilometers) to the Genocide survivors, indemnifying massive material damages as well.

This extracted from the inner flysheet.

I purchased this book at the Memorial at Tsitsernakabert, you should be able to secure one from the net.
            Hovik, perhaps you could move this to the reviews section ? I'm a bit of a Luddite regards computers,

thanks

Comment

Most Duels have their winner but the one that will go on forever is the duel between yes and no.So I decided to take bullet and for humanity sake I believe you can write your posts without calling names. As I am trying to explore the facts from different perspective. So, I believe we can really get into the forum now.

I know many turkish speaking armenians survived the death walk. I wonder any of these survivors managed to wrap their memoirs into the book. If you have any links, that will be helpful, too. There should be more than pictures and first hand foreigners archives to the genocide issue. I think this kind a info would be more enlighting.
              If you go to Amazon.com and type in "Armenian Genocide" into the search engine, you will find many personal accounts written by Armenians.

I also suggest you read "Black Dog of Fate" by Peter Balakian which is his own family's account.
              General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by 1.5 million View Post

Not to mention the term "Genocide" was termed in 1944 by Lemkin to decribe what befell the Armenians during WWI and the Jews and other during WWII. When scholars who know that the term genocide should be used and refuse to do it so as not to offend anyone, they are cowards.
                General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Genocide history a mandatory subject in Buenos Aires public schools

16.07.2007 16:56

YEREVAN (YERKIR) - Argentina is the second country in the world after France where the Armenian genocide is recognized by a law.

In public schools in Buenos Aires, the history of genocide is a mandatory subject, Khachik Ter-Gukasian, professor of international relations at the Buenos Aires San Andreas University, has told PanARMENIAN.Net. He said that the Argentine chapter of the Hay Dat Committee has prepared a textbook and conducts seminars for schoolteachers.

"I have to say that the Armenian Genocide is also recognized by Venezuela, which is far from other South America countries in general. Armenian of Argentina and other South American countries got out of the so-called "ghettos" and began to integrate into the societies. We became parts of the countries, which gave refuge to us. This is the way to go, and the Armenian community of France gives us the best example," he said.

He said that the first meeting of the South American Parliament, set up as the European Parliament, will be held on July 21. "Three countries, Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay have agreed to set up that body, choosing Montevideo as their capital. Our activities will be coordinated and we are now working on that direction," he said.
                  "All truth passes through three stages:
                  First, it is ridiculed;
                  Second, it is violently opposed; and
                  Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Working...
                  X