Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Turks planned to massacre Armenians of Istanbul after Ankara attack!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it is called diversion, and he also accepts that the provocation failed
    Formerly TurQ.

"Zulum ile abad olanin, ahiride berbad olur"

Comment

"Dog"Turks planned to massacre Armenians of Istanbul after Ankara attack!*

Erhan Timuroglu “We were to kill out of the Armenians”

On May 18, 2006, 25.000 people massed on the esplanade of the Kocatepe mosque of Ankara decried the ministers come to attend funerals of Özbilgin judge.

The day before, Alparslan Arslan, a 29 year old lawyer, had made irruption, arms with the fist, the Council of State. With the cry of “Allah Akbar! ”, it had grapeshot of the magistrates known for the severity with which they apply the prohibition of the port of the veil in the public places, by wounding one mortally, four others seriously. And, autoproclamant “soldier of God”, Alparslan Arslan states to have wanted “to punish them”.

According to the Vatan daily newspaper in the car of young lawyer the investigators will discover others weapons, as well as an edition of the islamist newspaper Vakit to the unambiguous contents, with the portraits of the judges of the 2nd Room, in illustration of an article entitled “Here the members of this Council of State!”.

Initially this attack was very severely condemned by the political community and the Turkish company as a whole.

For president Ahmet Necdet Sezer, it aimed “the Republic and in particular its intangible principles of democracy and secularity”. On his side, the leader of the CHP Deniz Baykal, invited the Prime Minister “to find his spirits” and to see “in which direction it took along the country”.

Mr. Erdogan and his party are then the target of shootings heavy in the press.

During its hearing by the office anti-terrorism Alparslan Arslan acknowledged that it belonged to the gang which recently launched (on May 5 and 11) three attacks to the grenade against the laic newspaper of opposition and Cumhuriyet center-left.

But especially, the survey carried out by the police force makes it possible to go up a good part of the die which seems to lead to the sleeping partners. And surprised it blames of the bunches ultranationalists and the elements of the major State (derin devlet), this nebula which connects police, politicking and Maffia.

That which the suspect police force to be the chief of the gang called “Cete” (cheteh, brigand) is certain Muzaffer Tekin.

Muzaffer_Tekin1

This man has a particularly turbid past, former lieutenant-colonel of the Turkish army, excluded from the army for disciplinary reasons (it would have molesté in a state of intoxication two young officers) is a Turkish line sympathizer extreme rather than of fundamentalist Islamic.

Muzaffer Tekin would be also a former member of the Group of Turkish Resistance (GRT), known to be the organization of the major State in the occupied part of the island of Cyprus. The GRT is a terrorist bunch created in Cyprus, the beginning of the Sixties, by Rauf Denktash, the former president of the occupied part of the island, and the Turkish army. In 1963, the GRT started to assassinate Cypriot Greeks and Turkish eager to promote peace and the peaceful coexistence, with in line of sight the long-term turquification of the island. This organization played an important part in the military operation of July 1974, which showed the occupation of the northern part of Cyprus by the Turkish troops.

According to Radikal, Muzaffer Tekin is also related to other networks of which that of the coalition Kizilelma (Red Apple), rested by nationalists of left and right-hand side.

At the time Othoman, Kizilelma was a word given to the army for a new conquest; currently for the nationalists Turkish that refers to the expansionist projects of the world touranien. But for radikal it is about a concept broader than the pantouranism which affirms besides than Muzaffer Tekin written of the articles for the account of a magazine, Türkeli, published by Association for the Movement of Solidarity of the Patriotic Forces directed by Taner Unal, former secretary general of the party ultranationalist MHP of Devlet Bahceli. Among the last actions of the Kizilelma coalition one finds the creation of the committee Talat Pasha and the demonstrations negationnists of Berlin and Lyon.

Moreover in new revelations the Turkish press published on May 23, 2006 a photograph letting think that the major State is wet to the neck in this business.

On this photograph dating from April 9, 2006 one sees Muzaffer Tekin, Major Général today with the retirement Veli Küçük, whose name was mélé in the scandal of Susurluk, the president of the Union of the nationalist lawyers Kemal Kerincsiz and a former minister for the culture Namik Kemal Zeybek.

All these people took part then on the place of Beyazit in a ceremony of commemoration aiming at rehabilitating the sub-prefect Kemal bey de Bogazliyan. Person in charge during “the Armenian deportation” under prefect Kemal Bey de Bogazliyan for the town of Yozgat had been hung on April 9, 1919.

General_Veli_Kucuk

The presence of Kemal Kerincsiz, the president of the Union of nationalist lawyers, in this imbroglio is all the more important to note because this name is familiar for the Armenians and all those which fight for the human rights in Turkey. It is indeed the latter which is the origin of the lawsuits against Hrant Dink, to Ohran Pamuk, prohibition in September 2005 of the conference on the Othoman Armenians, of the lawsuit of 5 journalists Turkish having criticized prohibition by a Turkish court of the aforesaid the conference and of one lawsuit against the Turkish historian Taner Akcam.

Zekeriya_Ozturk, one of the members of the stopped gang and his lawyer Kemal Kerincsiz

According to the Turkish newspaper “Yeni Safak” dated May 25, 2006 Erhan Timuroglu different member of the gang and which was also stopped would have declared with the police force “we were to put at fire and Istanbul blood. We were to kill out of the Armenians. If Arslan had not been taken we would have carried out other attacks in Istanbul. We would have to kill out of the Armenians of Istanbul but after its arrest our plans fell to water”

Erhan_Timuroglu

When one reads the words of the Özkök general, chief of staff, which invited Turkish to mobilize itself “permanently” one can only remember that it is a call on the same tone which preceded the “postmodern coup d'etat” against the islamist government by Necmettin Erbakan, in 1997…
      "All truth passes through three stages:
      First, it is ridiculed;
      Second, it is violently opposed; and
      Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Ex-officer Muzaffer Tekin and Red Apple

A non-government information center on Turkey - Un centre d'information non-gouvernemental sur la Turquie

A key suspect in last Wednesday's Council of State attack and allegedly the leader of the gang behind it, Tekin is a former captain discharged from the army following the Sept. 12, 1980 military coup for the part he played in a restaurant raid carried out by four soldiers under him.

Tekin was taken into custody together with three other suspects on Sunday night. He was found by the police in hospital after allegedly stabbing himself in the chest, apparently an attempted suicide.

Reports in Turkish papers indicate that Tekin is closely involved with an ultra-nationalist group known as the "Kizil Elma" (Red Apple). He's also reported to have written articles for Turkeli magazine, of the Union of Patriotic Forces Movement Association led by former Nationalist Movement Party (MHP) General Secretary Taner Unal. Tekin is also alleged to be closely interested in the Cyprus problem and to have taken an active role in a support campaign for former Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC) President Rauf Denktas. Reports also indicate Tekin is linked with the Turkish Resistance Organization (TMT), known as an extension of the "deep state" in Northern Cyprus.

The group known as "Kizil Elma" is a bizarre coalition of ultra-nationalism and the secularist, anti-imperialist left-wing movement that gained strength in the late 1990s.

The movement unites the ultra-nationalist Ulku Ocaklari and Dogu Perincek's anti-imperialist leftist Labor Party (IP). Targeting a large constituency based on nationalist ideology -- the common denominator of the group -- the Kizil Elma movement is also associated with the "deep state" by some circles.

The movement has also been active in denying the Armenian claims of genocide abroad and works against Kurdish political movements in Turkey. (The New Anatolian, May 23, 2006)
        First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Fears of Turkey's 'invisible' Armenians

By Sarah Rainsford
          BBC News, Istanbul

The head of the Armenian Orthodox church is in the middle of a controversial visit to Istanbul. Karekin II has in the past angered Turks by accusing them of committing genocide against Armenians at the time of World War I. Turkey denies the charges of genocide.
          Karekin II is in Istanbul for a seven day visit

I thought it was a perfectly simple question.

I had gone backstage to interview the conductor of an ethnic Armenian church choir after a rousing performance at Istanbul University.

As the choristers packed up their manuscripts, we chatted for a while about the music and the conductor was all smiles.

Then I asked his opinion on the conference his choir was singing at - the snappily labelled "Symposium on New Approaches to Turkish-Armenian relations".

I wondered if he thought the event could help mend fences. Within seconds, he was edging away from me, apparently deeply uncomfortable.

"I don't want to talk about politics," he pleaded, "we just came for the music!"

It was a telling insight.

Closed borders

Turkey and Armenia are neighbours who might as well be a million miles apart.

Diplomatic relations have been frozen for over a decade; their mutual border is closed.

They seem to have no idea there used to be hundreds of thousands of us here

Vartan, ethnic Armenian
          Part of the reason is Turkey's support for the Azeris in their conflict with Armenia.

But the direct dispute is over a matter of history: The death of hundreds of thousands of Armenians in eastern Turkey during the dying days of the Ottoman empire.

Armenia wants those deaths recognised as genocide. Turkey refuses to accept that term.

For Armenia and its vast and powerful diaspora, getting recognition from Ankara is a mission so important, it is almost a way of life. But here inside Turkey, ethnic Armenians have chosen an uncomfortable silence over confrontation.

I visited Anush and her brother Vartan in a leafy middle class suburb of Istanbul.

Their apartment was typical of the area, but with the odd design twists, like knotted dried flowers on the table that reminded me of my trips to the Caucasus.

"Turks still ask me where I come from," Vartan told me, as his sister brought in the tea. "They seem to have no idea there used to be hundreds of thousands of us here."

Uneasy existence

Anush and Vartan are just two of some 60,000 ethnic Armenians who still live in Turkey - a land their ancestors have inhabited for almost 2,000 years. It is an uneasy co-existence.

"We've lived with violence ever since I was born," Anush told me. "Graffiti on our churches, abuse on the streets. I still think twice in some areas before I say my name openly."

Armenia wants Turkey to admit the mass killings amounted to genocide
          For previous generations life was even tougher.

Anush's parents barely speak Armenian, because their parents worried they would stand out and when Armenian militants began assassinating Turkish diplomats in the 1970s, Turkish Armenian families here made themselves more invisible still.

It is hardly surprising they do not normally voice an opinion on what happened in 1915.

Anush and Vartan are a rare exception and, even so, I have had to change their names.

We know exactly what happened, Vartan told me.

He said his Armenian great grandparents were forcibly deported south, accused of siding with Russian troops against the Turks. They handed their children over to Turkish neighbours for safety and never returned.

There is a similar tragedy behind every Armenian door here, but the local patriarch has banned his community from discussing it - if they want to keep their jobs in Armenian churches and schools.

"It's fear," Anush told me simply.

There have been some early signs of change here. Last year a university in Istanbul hosted the first discussion of the genocide claims in Turkey ever to question the official line. It was hugely controversial but it happened.

And now international pressure on Ankara to re-examine its position is increasing.

Vartan welcomes that but he senses a rise in aggressive, nationalist feeling in Turkey in response.

"If other countries force this issue, it will be terrible for the Armenian people here," Vartan told me quietly.

"If you plunge a man into boiling water, he will burn," he said, "but if you increase the heat gently, he could get used to it."

'Pseudo-citizens'

Unlike the Kurds, Turkey's Armenian population is an officially recognised minority with certain rights and privileges.

But despite that - and despite their silence - Turkish Armenians seem like pseudo-citizens.

I began to understand the price people like that choirmaster pay to live in peace in Turkey

Anush told me that in one school text book Armenians are still described as separatists with an eye on Turkish land. History books carry the official view of 1915, of course, with the Armenians exiled as traitors.

And even now, in Armenian schools here, ethnic Armenians are banned from teaching certain "strategic" subjects - geography, sociology, morality, history.

As we talked into the warm evening, and glasses of tea gave way to Armenian cognac, I began to understand the price people like that choir master pay to live in peace in Turkey.

To many Armenians abroad their silence is a sort of treachery. For Anush, Vartan and the others it is about protecting a fragile peace.

But it is all built on the shakiest of foundations.

"I am positive. I do have hopes for Turkey," Anush told me as I put on my shoes to go.

"But I don't remember ever feeling truly comfortable living here. Always at the back of my mind is the thought that one day I may be forced to leave."
          First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

New photos link retired general to Arslan

The New Anatolian / Ankara
            23 January 2007

Photos released yesterday showed a mysterious ex-army member linked in reports to Friday's slaying of Hrant Dink as well as the 1996 Susurluk scandal with the gunman in last year's deadly Council of State shooting.

A news agency released photos showing Veli Kucuk together with Alparslan Arslan, the gunman who killed one judge and wounded four others last May.

Speculations regarding the murder of Dink, an Armenian-origin Turkish journalist, have been growing, raising further questions, while the media has been looking into the killer's possible link with a notorious ex-general, Kucuk. However, photos released by a pro-PKK media organ, the Firat News Agency, formerly the Mesopotamia News Agency, showed Kucuk with some other important figures.

Kucuk's name entered into Dink's murder investigation when the late writer's lawyers told officials that Kucuk had threatened Dink. They also also said that Ogun Samast, who confessed to the murder, was threatened by circles close to Kucuk.

In a photo taken two years ago Kucuk was seen with gunman Arslan at the Azerbaijan Congress held in Stockholm. After the bloody Council of State attack, Kucuk said he didn't knew Arslan. He also said after Dink's murder that he had no connection with the murder or suspect.

In another photo, Kucuk was seen with Muzaffer Tekin, said to be the mastermind of both the Council of State and daily Cumhuriyet attacks, and Association of Lawyers' Union head Kemal Kerincsiz, a high-profile ultranationalist figure known for filing complaints against writers and journalists, including Dink.

Analysts and security experts warned against possible irrelevant conspiracy theories and said such claims about Kucuk should be looked into calm.

Furthermore, the news agency claimed that Kucuk was organizing nationalist circles in Azerbaijan and established a murder network against Armenians. The agency said it based this claim on information obtained in 2001 from Turan A., the nephew of Azerbaijan's then Interior Minister Siyavuz Mustafa . The news also accused Turkey's Nationalist Movement Party (MHP) of illegally training soldiers with Kucuk in Azerbaijan.

Deputy asks for state protection for Kucuk

Meanwhile, Young Party (GP) deputy head and Istanbul Deputy Emin Sirin wrote letters to the premier and Interior Minister Abdulkadir Aksu asking why the government had not provided state protection to retired Gene. Kucuk.

In his letter, Sirin praised the decision to provide state protection for people who have been on trial under controversial Turkish Penal Code (TCK) Article 301 which is on "insulting Turkishness."

"I heard that the government also provided protection and an armored vehicle to Fener Greek Orthodox Patriarch Bartholomeos," he said. "I also believe necessary measures were taken considering possible targets such as Turkish Armenians' Patriarch Mesrob Mutafyan and politicians."

Sirin claimed that some media circles are pointing fingers at Kucuk after Dink's murder, asking, "Kucuk, who served his country, was removed from his home, losing his protection as well. Now why doesn't the government provide any protection to Kucuk?"
            First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Shooting suspect says his target was Armenian patriarch

Shooting suspect says his target was Armenian patriarch
              Friday, March 9, 2007

Turkish Daily News: Explore the latest Turkish news, including Turkey news, politics, political updates, and current affairs. Israel: Hamas Intelligence Deputy Head Shadi Barud Killed - 21:10

ISTANBUL - Agence France-Presse

A Turkish man accused of firing in the air outside an Armenian church claimed Wednesday his real target had been Patriarch Mesrob II, the spiritual leader of the tiny Armenian community, the Anatolia news agency reported.

"I had prepared it for (Mesrob) Mutafyan II," Volkan Karova shouted to reporters here as he and fellow suspect Yilmaz Can Ozalp were being escorted to the prosecutor's office to give their testimony, the agency reported.

It was not clear whether he had intended to physically attack the patriarch or scare him.

Later Wednesday, a court charged the two men with "threatening by firing shots" and "carrying an unlicensed gun" and sent them to jail pending trial, the agency said.

The pair had been arrested late Sunday just hours after two men fired a shot in the air outside a church in the city's Kumkapi district.

At the time, a ceremony was being held there for slain ethnic Armenian journalist Hrant Dink.

The ceremony at the church, on the European side of Istanbul, was to mark the 40th day since Dink, the 52-year-old ethnic Armenian editor of the bilingual Agos weekly, was shot dead outside his office.

It was led by Patriarch Mesrob II, who represents the 80,000 Armenians in Turkey.

Anxiety has engulfed the Armenian community and intellectuals since Dink's murder on Januray 19, and in recent interviews Mesrob II has said that his office had been receiving threats.

Dink had angered nationalist circles and the courts for describing the World War I massacres of Armenians under the Ottoman Empire as genocide, a label that Ankara fiercely rejects.

Nine people have so far been charged over his murder, which prosecutors believe was the work of ultra-nationalists.
              First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Working...
              X