Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

EU:Turkey little Cyprus holds Turkey while Europe gives it a whack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joseph most of these countries also denied romania , bulgaria, hungary and newly joined countries. as a new member joins this union, their share is going down but a new market borns for their private sector. it it the economical and financial balance and private sector who will decide that turkey will be in or out. not the people... do you think europian people happy regarding the membership of romania or/and bulgaria?

anyway we are getting benefit from this union and union is getting benefit from us. it is called "co-operation" and this is why you are jealous of us ... we are reforming ourself.. that is not , of course, enough for us.

we will establish a strong relation with russia and ukrania very soon (last year 8 million russian tourist came to turkey and their government encourage them to visit turkey).. by the way you continue to sleep and close your eyes and ignore the reality..

Comment

To truly reform the Turkish state one has to change that racist constitution.
      "All truth passes through three stages:
      First, it is ridiculed;
      Second, it is violently opposed; and
      Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

well we have some racist people gavur you are right. but we will also elaminate these people and their constitution ..dont worry..

Comment

You give me hope!
          First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

there is always hope gavur. but being unable to see this is "hopelessness"...
            I believe you do not understand me. wish to speak with you face to face..

Comment

Originally posted by achilles
              Joseph most of these countries also denied romania , bulgaria, hungary and newly joined countries. as a new member joins this union, their share is going down but a new market borns for their private sector. it it the economical and financial balance and private sector who will decide that turkey will be in or out. not the people... do you think europian people happy regarding the membership of romania or/and bulgaria?

anyway we are getting benefit from this union and union is getting benefit from us. it is called "co-operation" and this is why you are jealous of us ... we are reforming ourself.. that is not , of course, enough for us.

we will establish a strong relation with russia and ukrania very soon (last year 8 million russian tourist came to turkey and their government encourage them to visit turkey).. by the way you continue to sleep and close your eyes and ignore the reality..
              You're making my arguement for me. What you were saying before is that the so-called "fanatical Christian" countries also wanted to block other new members from joining (Bulgarian, Romania,etc). This is indeed true but shows that they are adverse to expansion and religion is not the primary reason, as you had mentioned before; seeing as the majority of the new members and candidates are Christian themselves.

The private sector will play the largest role in the EU (any correlation linking the EU with security agreements akin to NATO are erroneous) with large corpoartions and business pushing for expansion but the fact still remains is that both the French and Austrian populations have veto power in the case of Turkey.

I agree that it is good that Turkey is a candidate, it will push certain reforms within your country that is good for Turkey and its neighbors regardless if Turkey is accepted into the EU or not. Hopefully the reforms continue.

I'm glad you brought up the possibility of expanded relations with Russia as an alternative to EU. Seems you can criticize Armenians for have close political and economic relations with Russia but at the same time use it as your alternative. Perhaps somewhat hypocritical, don't you think?
              General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

these fanatic chiristian countries always criticise turkey. not only for genocide but also for anything. yes religion is not the primary reason but it is an important reason for them. now they are stuck between their prejudiced old generation and priivate sector. as you know europa is old, and their private sector cannot find a a huge market. shortly private sector wants turkey to join, but the people of these fanatic chiristian countries do not want because we are muslim (wasnt this prejudice). we do not have any problem with other countries...they love us as far as I know(this is where I gave 3 girl firiends example...)

we need reform. improvements should never be stoped.. I am expecting a good co-operation with armenia in the near future. but you always say "ohh how can we forget the bad things which happened in the past.. " you still hate us due to historical events. but if I had a chance to change something I would change it without hesitation...

I always advocate that we must co-operate with our neighbour. even with armenia. you dont understand me. we do not have any problem with russia. but we never let russia to use us "as a buffer zone". that hurts us joseph. but economical co-operation is of course ok for mutual benefit. so where is hypocrisy? not only russia, but also china, japan, france, germany even british who killed 280.000 soldires of ottoman in the 1. world war.

Comment

Originally posted by achilles
                  these fanatic chiristian countries always criticise turkey. not only for genocide but also for anything. yes religion is not the primary reason but it is an important reason for them. now they are stuck between their prejudiced old generation and priivate sector. as you know europa is old, and their private sector cannot find a a huge market. shortly private sector wants turkey to join, but the people of these fanatic chiristian countries do not want because we are muslim (wasnt this prejudice). we do not have any problem with other countries...they love us as far as I know(this is where I gave 3 girl firiends example...)

we need reform. improvements should never be stoped.. I am expecting a good co-operation with armenia in the near future. but you always say "ohh how can we forget the bad things which happened in the past.. " you still hate us due to historical events. but if I had a chance to change something I would change it without hesitation...

I always advocate that we must co-operate with our neighbour. even with armenia. you dont understand me. we do not have any problem with russia. but we never let russia to use us "as a buffer zone". that hurts us joseph. but economical co-operation is of course ok for mutual benefit. so where is hypocrisy? not only russia, but also china, japan, france, germany even british who killed 280.000 soldires of ottoman in the 1. world war.

One of Turkey's several pre-conditions for diplomatic relations and for the border to be opened is for Armenia to "forget" the genocide whereas Armenia has no preconditions for Turkey in order to normalize relations. Regarding Armenia being a "buffer zone" for Russia, (the stationing of Russian border troops on the Armenian/Turkish border, of which 75% of the Russian troops are actually Armenian nationals); they are there to protect Armenia from Turkey, not the Turkey/Ottoman Empire of the past but the Turkey of today, who threatened Armenia on several occasions and amasses troops on the border in 1993 at Turgut Ozal's behest. Armenia has no reason to trust Turkey because Turkey is essentially a regional bully. Not a good way to promote normal relations.

How about blaming your own leaders for entering WWI in the first place!?! Why do you never blame them for bringing the disaster on their own people? Did they have to enter the war? No they did not but they did so at the encouragement of Germans. It was not the Russians or the British that fired the first shots at Turkey.
                  General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Bloc to speed up entry talks with Croatia

Reuters

Brussels: The European Union agreed yesterday to move forward faster in accession talks with Croatia than with Turkey for the first time because of Ankara's refusal to open its ports and airports to traffic from Cyprus.

Austrian EU presidency spokesman said EU ambassadors agreed to open detailed talks with both countries on competition policy but only with Zagreb on customs union issues.

That was because the European Commission has not finished screening the compatibility of Turkish legislation with EU law on customs because of the Cyprus issue, he said.

The spokesman said it would be wrong to call the decision a decoupling since the two candidates, which began accession talks last October, were never formally coupled.
                    First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Rehn: EU Talks with Turkey Could be Suspended

By Cihan News Agency
                      Published: Thursday, June 29, 2006
                      zaman.com

The European Union Commissioner for Enlargement, Olli Rehn, said that talks concerning Turkey's accession to the European Union (EU) could be suspended if Turkey does not open its ports to Greek Cypriot traffic.

In his statement to the Finnish news agency STT on Wednesday, Rehn stated that adjourning talks was one of the options they had in hand.

"I hope that we don't have to resort to that, but we have no reason not to use it if there are grounds for it," Rehn was quoted as saying by STT.

On Wednesday, EU ambassadors decided for the first time to advance faster in accession talks with Croatia than with Turkey because of Ankara's refusal to open its harbors and airports to traffic from Greek Cyprus.

EU enlargement commissioner Olli Rehn previously warned of a possible "train crash" on Turkey's path to EU membership if there was no change in Turkey's stance on Cyprus.

Last year, Turkey had signed the additional protocol of the Ankara Treaty which extended Turkey's custom union agreement to the 10 new members of European Union, including Greek Cyprus.

The signing of the additional protocol had been a condition imposed by the EU prior to the opening of accession talks with Turkey in October of last year.

At the time, Turkey specified that its signing the protocol did not imply recognition of Greek Cyprus.

Turkey has since declined to implement the EU protocol due to the lack of a complete solution about the division of the island between the Turkish north and the Greek south.

The EU, which opened actual accession talks with Turkey on June 12, has repeatedly called on Turkey to open its ports to the Greek Cypriots.

"If the talks halt, let them halt, we will act with a win-win mentality," Turkish PM Erdogan said in a conference in Istanbul on June 16.

Cyprus has been divided along ethnic lines since 1974 when Turkey took control of the northern part of the island in response to a Greece-backed coup which aimed to unite the island with Greece.

Hopes for peace on the divided Mediterranean island vanished in 2004 when Greek Cypriots overwhelmingly voted against the Annan peace plan, which was approved by the Turkish Cypriot side in a simultaneous referendum.

For further information please visit http://www.cihannews.com
                      First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Working...
                      X