Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Sylvestor Stallone Wants to Remake 40 Days of Musa Dagh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sylvestor Stallone Wants to Remake 40 Days of Musa Dagh

OH MY GOD! HAS ANYONE READ THIS INTERVIEW!

If he makes this movie, I think we should erect a statue of Rocky Balboa in Yerevan next to the Genocide Monument!

Originally posted by phantom
    OH MY GOD! HAS ANYONE READ THIS INTERVIEW!

If he makes this movie, I think we should erect a statue of Rocky Balboa in Yerevan next to the Genocide Monument!
    Wow! I hope he does get the financing for that movie. That would be incredible. Thanks for the link phantom

Comment

Rocky's Next Battle: Making "Musa Dagh"?

by Chris Zakian (special to the "Armenian Reporter")

PARAMUS, N.J.--With the theatrical release this week of "Rocky
      Balboa," the sixth installment in the inspiring series about the
      perpetual-underdog Philadelphia boxer, it was hardly surprising to see
      filmmaker Sylvester Stallone spotlighted in newspapers across the
      country.

What WAS surprising was an announcement elicited from Stallone by
      "Denver Post" writer Michael Booth, regarding the star's dream
      project.

Acknowledging that his action-hero days are likely behind him, the
      60-year-old Stallone said that he would like to devote more of his
      career to writing and directing: "less in the public eye, but
      providing something for the public," is the way he put it.

Then Booth writes: "So what is the Stallone Surprise, the project he's
      always wanted to write or direct?"

Here's the answer he got--which is certain to set Armenian hearts aflutter.

"For years Stallone's wanted to create an epic, and the book that
      intrigues him is Franz Werfel's 'The Forty Days of Musa Dagh,'
      detailing the Turkish genocide of its Armenian community in 1915.
      (After futile attempts to turn the novel into a movie, filmmakers
      finally succeeded in 1982, but it was a low-profile production.)

"French ships eventually rescued some Armenians, and Stallone has his
      favorite scene memorized: 'The French ships come, and they've dropped
      the ladders and everybody has climbed up the side. The ships sail. The
      hero, the one who set up the rescue, has fallen asleep, exhausted,
      behind a rock on the slope above. The camera pulls back, and the ships
      and the sea are on one side, and there's one lonely figure at the top
      of the mountain, and the Turks are coming up the mountain by the
      thousands on the far side.'"

Fittingly for Rocky Balboa, the interview ends with a punch.

"The movie would be 'an epic about the complete destruction of a
      civilization,' Stallone said. Then he laughed at the ambition. 'Talk
      about a political hot potato. The Turks have been killing that subject
      for 85 years.'"

It's a small irony, appreciated only by Armenians, that this news has
      come to light in the same week that newspapers ran obituaries for
      music impresario Ahmet Ertegun, whose father, Turkey's ambassador to
      the U.S. in the 1930s, is credited with using his influence to have
      the plug pulled on an earlier motion picture treatment of "Musa Dagh."

Of course, there's a long road separating a filmmaker's quip about a
      dream project, on the one hand, from an actual theatrical release, on
      the other. Who knows whether Stallone's ambition will ever see the
      light of day?

But Armenians--like Rocky--are used to the underdog role. They suffer
      setbacks, but always come back swinging. If not Stallone, then surely
      someone else will fulfill the long-held Armenian dream of putting
      "Musa Dagh" on film in the way it deserves.

Regrettably, there will be no "Hollywood ending" to lift our spirits
      at the story's conclusion.
      General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

This is funny. Something like this will probably give Stallone more of an incentive to produce this film.

Turkish Organizations to Send Protests to Sylvester Stallone

Turkish organizations are going to send protest letters to American movie actor Sylvester Stallone who intends to screen Franz Werfel’s ‘The 40 Days of Musa Dagh’. As Turkish Milliyet reports, Sava? E?ilmez, the chairman of the so-called ‘Association on struggle against Armenian Genocide ackowledgement’ stated that “movies are often used for propagandistic goals and this time the Armenians also are going to use such an opportunity. Austrian writer, a Jew by descent Franz Werfel has written this novel in 1933. It is full of lie since the author wrote it after talking to the Armenians with nationalistic and radical views,” E?ilmez claims. In his words, “it is necessary to take appropriate measures till the start of shoots, since after everything has already began it will be more difficult. “We have already sent appropriate documents about the events of those days to the producers of the film. Our compatriots will assist us to urge the producers not to shoot the film,” he underlined. It’s worth reminding that Sylvester Stallone declared about his intentions to shoot a film about heroic defense of Musa Dagh in 1915 in Ottoman Empire on the bases of ‘The 40 Days of Musa Dagh’ book. Alongside, he stated that Ankara near 85 years carries out a denial policy of the Armenian Genocide, reports the Armenian Public Television.
        General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Hilarity

Ermenilerin soykIrIm iddialarInI konu edinecek ''Musa DaGI'nda 40 gun'' filminde rol almak istediGini aCIklayan unlu ABD'li aktor Sylvester Stallone'yi bu fikrinden caydIrmak ve gerCekleri anlatmak iCin elektronik postalar gonderilmeye ba$landI.
          AsIlsIz SoykIrIm iddialarIyla Mucadele DerneGi (ASiMED) Ba$kanI Yrd. DoC. Sava$ EGilmez,
          Stallone'yi bu fikrinden caydIrmak iCin ''[email protected]' ' elektronik adresine tarihi gerCekleri anlatan ingilizce elektronik postalar gondermeye ba$ladIklarInI ifade etti.
          Stallone'yi protesto etemk isteyenler iCin hazIr ingilizce metin veriyoruz. isteyen bu mesajI Stallone'nin adresine gonderebilir.
          -----------------------------
          "Mr. Sylvester Stallone.
          We, Turkish people became very sad about your participation in this movie.
          There is not* any statement about genocide of Armenians even in Wilson reports after the 1. World War. These statements of genocide are only using by Armenian lobby for their own benefit.
          Please don't close your eyes to the true History and dont be an instrument of Armenian lobbies. We, Turkish people call you to think again and again about participating in this movie in spite of real facts."
          -----------------
          (SayIn Sylvester Stallone
          Bu filmde rol alacaGInIzI soylemeniz biz Turkler'i Cok derinden uzdu.. Ülkenizin 1. Dunya Sava$I sonrasI yayInlanan Wilson raporlarInda bile Ermeni soykIrImI ifadesi geCmemi$tir. Tarihi gerCekler Ermeni lobileri tarafIndan kendi CIkarlarI uGruna kullanIlmaktadIr.
          Luften doGru tarihe gozunuzu kapatmayIn ve Ermeni lobisine alet olmayIn. Sizi bu filmde rol alma kararInIzI bir kez daha du$unmeye CaGIrIyoruz )
          Tayfun Cilingir

Comment

TURKISH ORGANIZATIONS PROTEST AGAINST FILM STAR SYLVESTER STALLONE

Assyria Times, CA
            Jan 11 2007

EasternStar News Agency

Turkish lobby groups protest against the American film star Sylvester
            Stallone, who will take part in and produce a film based on Franz
            Werfel's "The 40 days at Musa Dagh".

The Turkish lobby group "Association on struggle against Armenian
            Genocide acknowledgement" with its leader Egilmez emphasizes that:

"Films are often used in propaganda and Armenians use this opportunity
            for their propaganda. The Austrian-Jewish author Franz Werfel wrote
            this novel in 1933. It is full of lies, since the author got his
            information from nationalist and radical Armenians... We have already
            sent necessary documents about the mentioned days to the producer of
            the film. Our allies will urge and pursue the producer to not produce
            this film".

Despite the threats and accusations against Sylvester Stallone, he
            has emphasized that his intentions are to direct a film based on the
            heroic defence of Musa Dagh in 1915. The film is based on the book
            "The 40 days at Musa Dagh".

The producers were surprised by the strong reactions from Turkish
            interests. They say that the film is based on a well documented true
            event. Above all it is a pity about the Turkish people, that it isn't
            able to elect a modern government that can stop 85 years of denial
            of genocide.

Comment

Working...
            X