Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Bulgarian rock group Neverhall produce their single about Genocide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulgarian rock group Neverhall produce their single about Genocide

In the eve of the 92nd anniversary of the Genocide against the Armenians, the Bulgarian rock group ‘Neverhall’ promotes the max single ‘Desert pain’, which is part of the album ‘1915 Genocide’

The musical works are in memory of the victims from these bloody events and represent an act of compassion which we ardently salute.
    The songs have been placed at your disposal for free listening in the website of the group http://www.neverhall.com

Armenian community - Varna, Bulgaria

Interesting. Bulgarahay are you a member of the group (or otherwise affiliated). Could you comment on the Armenian community in Bulgaria (and its Genocide awareness)...I recently had someone give Bulgarian Armenians as an example of Armenians who do not support standard Diaspora position regading genocide recognition and relations vis a vis Turkey. As you are so close to Turkey I am curious as to the impact of this proximity - if any - and for insight into this issue. Good work on the music BTW (I have not checked it out yet but I will). I applaud all reasonable efforts toward Genocide recognition and believe we must be more astute and active using available media - such as this.

Comment

Originally posted by 1.5 million View Post
      I recently had someone give Bulgarian Armenians as an example of Armenians who do not support standard Diaspora position regading genocide recognition and relations vis a vis Turkey. As you are so close to Turkey I am curious as to the impact of this proximity - if any - and for insight into this issue. Good work on the music BTW (I have not checked it out yet but I will). I applaud all reasonable efforts toward Genocide recognition and believe we must be more astute and active using available media - such as this.
      Hello, 1.5 million. Yes we are close to Turkey as a geography and yes twice - one of the leading roles in Bulgarian Goverment belongs to the pure ethnic turkish party. But what to tell about turkish armenians? Could they support standart Diaspora position of Genocide Recognition? Or they are less armenians than lebanese armenians or american armenians??
      We have to know that Most important think is to think global BUT to act local.
      People in Bulgaria are informed about Genocide and support us, but politics are other theme...We have to work hard for Genocide recognition with all members of Bulgarian parliament...the one that is composed in most part of it from ethnic turks...or turks servants.

Comment

MEMBERS OF BULGARIAN PARLIAMENT FELL INTO DISAGREEMENT IN THE BEGINNING OF PARLIAMENTARY MEETING

Focus News, Bulgaria
        April 25 2007

Sofia. The Bulgarian Parliament honored the memory of the victims
        of the Armenian genocide with a minute of silence in the beginning
        of today's plenary meeting, after a proposal made by the Parliament
        Chairman Georgi Pirinski, a reporter of FOCUS News Agency informed.

The World marked the genocide over Armenians yesterday. During the
        forced deportation of Armenians from the Ottoman Empire in the period
        1915 - 1918 more than 1,5 Million people died - most of them elderly
        people, women and children.

Several MPs presented declarations for the genocide and proposed them
        for adoption.

The leader of the nationalist movement Attack Volen Siderov noted
        that there were no members of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms
        /of the ethnic Turks/ present at the hall to honor the memory of
        the victims. The member of MRF Lyutfi Mestan declined and mentioned
        the forceful changing of ethnic Turks' names during the Bulgarian
        communist regime in the past.
        General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

But I thought Turks only composed 9% of the population surely their political influence isn't that strong?

Comment

Originally posted by Turkish Pride View Post
            But I thought Turks only composed 9% of the population surely their political influence isn't that strong?
            The Turkish party is one of the members of the ruling coalition I believe. Despite NATO membership, Bulgaria is experiencing a nationalist ressurgence so I imagine the Turkish party (along with some of the more liberal and other minority parties) will be out soon.
            General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

BULGARIAN PARLIAMENT SPEAKER'S INITIATIVE TO RESPECT MEMORY OF ARMENIAN GENOCIDE VICTIMS WITH ONE-MINUTE SILENCE MAKE DEPUTIES OF TURKISH ORIGIN INDIGNANT

Noyan Tapan
              Armenians Today
              Apr 26 2007

SOFIA, APRIL 26, NOYAN TAPAN - ARMENIANS TODAY. At the proposal of
              Bulgarian Parliament Speaker Georgi Pinski, deputies stood up in honour
              of memory of the Armenian Genocide victims with one-minute silence. But
              deputies of the Rights and Freedoms Movement party in the rows of which
              Turks make majority, did not welcome that step and stating that "The
              history does not belong to parliamentarians, let historians speak,"
              left the parliament conference-hall, as a sign of protest.

According to Milliyet, deputies of the ATAKA party arresting one's
              attention during that period of time with its racist views spoke
              from the parliament tribune about the genocide. And party Chairman
              Volen Siderov demanded that the Parliament officially recognizes the
              Armenian Genocide without losing time.

In some time, the deputies, left the parliament conference-hall,
              returned after what discussions started among them and opposing
              deputies. The opposing ones this time left the parliament
              conference-hall, in this way expressing their protest against the
              just returned deputies.

Lutfu Mestan, a deputy from the Rights and Freedoms Movement party,
              reminding that a dialogue was promoted between Turkey and Armenia to
              study insistences of the genocide, mentioned that such an initiative
              of the Bulgarian parliament will greatly harm that dialogue.

Comment

Turkey Should Confess Armenian and Bulgarian Genocides
                Updated on: 27.04.2007, 12:16
                Published on: 27.04.2007, 11:22
                Author: Olga Yoncheva

For official recognition of the Armenian genocide committed by the Turkish state and army in the period 1915-1918, insist 45 Bulgarian intellectuals and public figures in a declaration distributed by BTA.

In the declaration the intellectuals insist also on the recognition of the genocide of Bulgarians in 1903-1913.

According to the authors of the document, Turkey should take the responsibility and should apologize for the 5-century yoke over Bulgarians, for the committed crimes and mass murders of the Bulgarians, who lived in its territories due to the Berlin contract. It should also compensate the refugees' heirs for their suffering and the stolen property.

The declaration continues that the contemporary Turkish state, which emphasizes itself as heir of the Ottoman Empire and seeks its 700-century “cultural and historical heritage” in a number of states including Bulgaria, should consider itself morally obliged to admit the committed genocides against Bulgarians, Armenians, Assyrians and other nations.

“We call for the Bulgarian parliament to follow the example and the active measures of the international community and of influential constitutional bodies around the world, which recognized the international crime “Armenian genocide”.

Among these countries are: Switzerland, Poland, Slovakia, Lebanon, Canada, Argentina, Germany, Belgium, France, Netherlands, Italy, Greece, Uruguay, Sweden, Russia, Venezuela, Cyprus, Ukraine, the Vatican, Lithuania and more than 30 US states, concludes the document.

The declaration will be submitted to the Armenian embassy in Bulgaria and to the Human Rights Committee of the European parliament.

Signatories of the document are: prof. Georgi Markov, prof. Georgi Bakalov, Lyubka Rondova, Ivan Granitski, Anton Donchev, Leda Mileva, Lilyana Stefanova, Acad. Vassil Gyuzelev, Michail Konstantinov, prof. Grisha Ostrovski, prof. Krikor Azaryan, prof. Sarkis Sarkisyan, prof. Norair Nurikyan, Angel Vagenstein, Haigashot Agassyan.

Comment

By Speaker Georgi Pirinski’s offer the April 25 session of the National Assembly (parliament) of Bulgaria opened with a minute of silence in the memory of the Armenian Genocide victims in the Ottoman Empire.

MP Boyko Vatev from “Bulgarian National Front” introduced a declaration, which recognizes and condemns the Armenian Genocide. He demanded to adopt the document by the parliament. Other MPs too condemned the Armenian and Bulgarian Genocides. Currently initiators are collecting signatures for including the issue of adopting declaration of the Armenian and Bulgarian genocide in the agenda.

From April 22 till 22 a number of events dedicated to the 92nd anniversary of the Armenian Genocide were held in various Bulgarian cities – Sofia, Plovdiv and Varne. They were organized by the Armenian community of Bulgaria.

Comment

Bulgarian Orthodox Church Synod first described 1915 events as Genocide

07.12.2007 13:30 GMT+04:00
                    /PanARMENIAN.Net/ Holy Synod of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church sent condolences to Catholicos of All Armenians, his Holiness Garegin II over the Armenian Genocide at the hands of the Ottoman Empire in 1915.

It’s remarkable that term Genocide is used in the message.

“The Ottoman Empire subjected Bulgarian people and Church to severe persecution. This proves that two Christian nations had a similar destiny. Over 70 thousand of Armenians, heirs of the Genocide victims, live in Bulgaria nowadays. May the memory of Turkish yataghan’s victims live forever,” the message says, the RA MFA press office reported.

Comment

Working...
                    X