Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Turkish Organizations Honor Armenian Genocide Victims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkish Organizations Honor Armenian Genocide Victims

Turkish organizations of Germany to honor victims of Armenian Genocide
    20.04.2007 16:49 GMT+04:00
    /PanARMENIAN.Net/ On the initiative of “Union against Genocide” an event will be organized in Frankfurt April 24, dedicated to the Armenian Genocide. Organizers demand to proclaim April 24 as a universal mourning day for all nations of Turkey.

According to Turkish journalist Ali Ertem, head of the organization established by Turks residing in Germany, other organizations participate in the event too. Particularly they are - Federation of Turkish workers of Germany, Federation of Democratic Nations of Germany, Federation of Worker Immigrants of Germany, “Union of Workers – Brotherhood of Nations” organization and “Union for Struggle” newspaper.

The statement of “Union against Genocide” reads as follows, “Immigrants from Turkey feel great sorrow concerning the fact, that today genocides, which took place 92 years ago and were committed between 1915-23 towards Christian nations of the Ottoman Empire with the aim to exterminate them, are being denied. The cutting of Christian population down to 0.1 percent, which before 1915 approximately was 1/3 of the Ottoman society, as well as bragging of Turkish nationalist-leaders as if 99.9 percent of Turkey’s population was turned to Mohammedanism, is nothing else than a peculiar recognition of committing genocide towards our Christian neighbors.

Alongside with all this the Turkish government cannot overcome the threat of dissociation. The main cause of it is in the fact that the state has not been made answerable for the genocide committed towards ancient nations who settled Anatolia – Armenians, Assirians and Greeks. And the policy of using genocide as a tool for creating a mono-ethnic society in the country has finally exhausted. Author of the statement, Ali Ertem thinks, the assassination of Hrant Dink showed that after 1915 nothing has changed in Turkish leaders’ way of thinking. “Slogans “We all are Armenian” that for the first time were pronounced in Turkey’s history, with the help of which the country stood to protect the nation that became victim for genocide, was a serious blow to chauvinism and denial of Genocide,” Ertem underlines, “Azg” reports.

Last year Ali Ertem gathered 11 000 signatures from Turks residing in Germany who demand from Turkey to recognize the Armenian Genocide.
    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

I wonder if any Armenian organizations or prominent Armenians have reached out to Mr. Ertem. This man is extraordinary in terms of the statements he makes and the effort he puts into recongnition of the Genocide by Turkish Germans. Somebody should learn more about this man and figure out a way to help him or work with him in getting his message out.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom View Post
      I wonder if any Armenian organizations or prominent Armenians have reached out to Mr. Ertem. This man is extraordinary in terms of the statements he makes and the effort he puts into recongnition of the Genocide by Turkish Germans. Somebody should learn more about this man and figure out a way to help him or work with him in getting his message out.

I believe he is in contact with Dadrian and other German speaking Armenian scholars. But you are right, more needs to be done. I think one of the problems occurs when well-meaning Turks who generally support our cause come into contact with those elements of our people who tend to be just as facist as the most denialist pan-turkist, which we have to admit, exist in abudance. It does weaken the position of good men such as Mr. Ertem.
      General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Working...
      X