Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

200 in Montebello Defend Genocide Memorial From Sarkisian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200 in Montebello Defend Genocide Memorial From Sarkisian

200 in Montebello Defend Genocide Memorial From Sarkisian With Human Barricade

Montebello/Beverly Hills–200 people answered an immediate call to action Sunday morning and rallied at the Montebello Armenian Genocide Memorial in California,forming a human barricade around it to prevent Serzh Sarkisian from using the monument for a publicity stunt while in Los Angeles on his tour of the Diaspra.

The people who turned out came hours ahead of a major demonstration against the Turkey-Armenia protocols set for 3pm at the Beverly Hills Hilton where Sarksian is holding a banquet in his honor.

The president did not visit the memorial and after three hours the crowd rallief and headed toward the Beverly hills hotel where thousands will demonstrate against Sarkisian and the protocols at 3pm today.

The Stop The Protocols campaign and the entire community are ready, at a moments notice, to defend the memorial again and will not allow Sarkisian to visit it while he is in California.

"All truth passes through three stages:
    First, it is ridiculed;
    Second, it is violently opposed; and
    Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Re: 200 in Montebello Defend Genocide Memorial From Sarkisian

Originally posted by Gavur View Post
    200 in Montebello Defend Genocide Memorial From Sarkisian With Human Barricade

Montebello/Beverly Hills–200 people answered an immediate call to action Sunday morning and rallied at the Montebello Armenian Genocide Memorial in California,forming a human barricade around it to prevent Serzh Sarkisian from using the monument for a publicity stunt while in Los Angeles on his tour of the Diaspra.

The people who turned out came hours ahead of a major demonstration against the Turkey-Armenia protocols set for 3pm at the Beverly Hills Hilton where Sarksian is holding a banquet in his honor.

The president did not visit the memorial and after three hours the crowd rallief and headed toward the Beverly hills hotel where thousands will demonstrate against Sarkisian and the protocols at 3pm today.

The Stop The Protocols campaign and the entire community are ready, at a moments notice, to defend the memorial again and will not allow Sarkisian to visit it while he is in California.

http://stoptheprotocols.com/2009/10/...man-barricade/
    He was supposed to show up Sunday, but he didn't. We heard news Monday morning that he would be attempting to visit. The Montebello community tried to notify as many people as they could. I left work to make it and was surprised to find a pretty good number of people had been able to come. Students from some of the Armenian private schools had been bussed over as early as 8:00 a.m. Although President Sargysan did not make an appearance, it was nice to see that even on short notice, we still had a good number of people who banded together.

It is a true tragedy to know that this has already been set in motion, and no matter how strongly we voice our opinion, the power is in the wrong hands. Regardless of the sad facts, I still take pride in the efforts of our Armenian community, both young and old, who care enough to make a stand. Although we may be divided on a number of things, it gives me great pride in knowing that we can band together in a unified stance on something that not only threatens the history and memories of the lives we have lost, but also something that threatens the future of our people and our nation.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SilverLining View Post
        He was supposed to show up Sunday, but he didn't. We heard news Monday morning that he would be attempting to visit. The Montebello community tried to notify as many people as they could. I left work to make it and was surprised to find a pretty good number of people had been able to come. Students from some of the Armenian private schools had been bussed over as early as 8:00 a.m. Although President Sargysan did not make an appearance, it was nice to see that even on short notice, we still had a good number of people who banded together.

It is a true tragedy to know that this has already been set in motion, and no matter how strongly we voice our opinion, the power is in the wrong hands. Regardless of the sad facts, I still take pride in the efforts of our Armenian community, both young and old, who care enough to make a stand. Although we may be divided on a number of things, it gives me great pride in knowing that we can band together in a unified stance on something that not only threatens the history and memories of the lives we have lost, but also something that threatens the future of our people and our nation.
        Dear Silver; It is sad isn't it? But unfortunately no matter how united and how patriotic we feel in the Diaspora, being and standing in our country where the power is. I am saying this for all of us who are in here outside. Vasag Serj is certainly betraying his country and the future of his country; but what could be done to have prevented it? The point is that the poeple of Armenia should have been wide awake to choose a man who was fit to be their president, I mean patriotic enough never to sell out their country and the future of their country. "Shat shat tsavali en ays polore mer Hayreniki abakayin hamar. Mekhk mezi yev mekh mer sireli Hayasdanin ou Artsakhin yev ayn polorin voronk gervetsan yev meran anor hamar".

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
          Dear Silver; It is sad isn't it? But unfortunately no matter how united and how patriotic we feel in the Diaspora, being and standing in our country where the power is. I am saying this for all of us who are in here outside. Vasag Serj is certainly betraying his country and the future of his country; but what could be done to have prevented it? The point is that the poeple of Armenia should have been wide awake to choose a man who was fit to be their president, I mean patriotic enough never to sell out their country and the future of their country. "Shat shat tsavali en ays polore mer Hayreniki abakayin hamar. Mekhk mezi yev mekh mer sireli Hayasdanin ou Artsakhin yev ayn polorin voronk gervetsan yev meran anor hamar".

I was watching the protestors in Beirut, and one speaker said something to the effect of: "Turkey closed the borders themselves. Why should we have to meet demands or contingencies if they want to open it back up again?" However simplified that may seem, it makes an awful lot of sense. I believe that it is important for Turkey and Armenia to maintain a cordial relationship, but I absolutely do not believe that the President Sargsyan has the right to hand over our compliance when the majority is outraged. Why can't they negotiate and draw up better terms of an agreement? Why must it be now? If we don't have the power to stop something, we must sure as hell find the ways to delay it. Whether our efforts are in vain, I feel better knowing that we are at least trying to spread the word and get attention to our cause. Even if the protocols go through, (which I fear is inevitable), I want the world to know that we'll be kicking and screaming about it until they have made amends.

Yes, I totally agree with you Anoush. Shad shad tsavali eh. Preventative measures and actions should have, and COULD have taken place. It was not the intention of our ancestors and slain families for the leader of the Armenian nation to simply shake hands with a Turk and let things be. I am all for better Armenian-Turkish relations. I do NOT hate any Turk. However, I strongly believe that any kind of reconciliation should be on our terms. However hopeful and perhaps even naive that seems, I am fully aware that genocide acceptance and reparations are not going to involve everything we feel is owed to us.

I don't think that we'll actually get back the lands we lost. Although I am saddened by it, I feel that it does not matter as much as what recognition means for us, and for the future generations of our people. Can you imagine a world in which we pass on our stories of the lost and forgotten, and can actually say that the Turks eventually took formal accountability? I don't need monetary compensation or land. All I need is recognition so my soul can be at ease that I did not let our tragic history go down in flames; that my predecessors did not lose their lives in vain. That we fought the good fight.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

http://stoptheprotocols.com/2009/10/...ound-struggle/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA0F2jdrYDs
          This took place during one of the evenings of the hunger strike in Glendale at the Armenian Consulate. The speaker is Koko Saliba.

Let's go and try to show our support as much as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverLining View Post
            I was watching the protestors in Beirut, and one speaker said something to the effect of: "Turkey closed the borders themselves. Why should we have to meet demands or contingencies if they want to open it back up again?" However simplified that may seem, it makes an awful lot of sense. I believe that it is important for Turkey and Armenia to maintain a cordial relationship, but I absolutely do not believe that the President Sargsyan has the right to hand over our compliance when the majority is outraged. Why can't they negotiate and draw up better terms of an agreement? Why must it be now? If we don't have the power to stop something, we must sure as hell find the ways to delay it. Whether our efforts are in vain, I feel better knowing that we are at least trying to spread the word and get attention to our cause. Even if the protocols go through, (which I fear is inevitable), I want the world to know that we'll be kicking and screaming about it until they have made amends.

Yes, I totally agree with you Anoush. Shad shad tsavali eh. Preventative measures and actions should have, and COULD have taken place. It was not the intention of our ancestors and slain families for the leader of the Armenian nation to simply shake hands with a Turk and let things be. I am all for better Armenian-Turkish relations. I do NOT hate any Turk. However, I strongly believe that any kind of reconciliation should be on our terms. However hopeful and perhaps even naive that seems, I am fully aware that genocide acceptance and reparations are not going to involve everything we feel is owed to us.

I don't think that we'll actually get back the lands we lost. Although I am saddened by it, I feel that it does not matter as much as what recognition means for us, and for the future generations of our people. Can you imagine a world in which we pass on our stories of the lost and forgotten, and can actually say that the Turks eventually took formal accountability? I don't need monetary compensation or land. All I need is recognition so my soul can be at ease that I did not let our tragic history go down in flames; that my predecessors did not lose their lives in vain. That we fought the good fight.
            Yes Silver jan, Although I am of course with you about the turks and the whole world with it to recognize the Armenian Genocide. But even if not in the near future, reparations of lands must be given back to the heirs of the AG survivors -in short to the Armenian people-. Some kind of reparations has to be made sometime in the near or the far future, and we don't need their money but our anscestral lands, at least some of the Western Armenian lands to be given back to us. But that's exactly why the turkish government is constantly buying out the congressmen in the US to deny the Genocide.
            Last edited by Anoush; 10-08-2009, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X