Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Examples of Why Turckey Simply Will Never Learn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Examples of Why Turckey Simply Will Never Learn

TURKS BAN THE WORD 'ARARAT' IN GEOGRAPHY BOOKS

Panorama.am
    19:14 29/01/2010

Turkey's Education Ministry banned the word "Ararat" in country's
    geography books. It goes about the name of the Biblical Mountain
    "Ararat". According to Firat news agency, Turkey's nationalists and
    the ruling "Justice and Development" Party rank the word Ararat among
    those banned and related to the Armenian Genocide.

"Ararat" symbolizes the Armenian Genocide," they explain.

The leader of the "National Movement" Party Hasan Chalis submitted
    a bid to the Turkish parliament over substituting the word "Ararat"
    for "Agir Dag" as the Turks call it generally.

Earlier Turkey's nationalists urged the education ministry for
    mediation to ban the word Ararat in "Google-Earth".
    Hayastan or Bust.

Re: Examples of Why Turckey Simply Will Never Learn

This just can't be true ... I refuse to believe they are THIS retarded lol
    this post = teh win.

Comment

Well they are related to Alieve and company so.. I think recent events have shown just how far from civilized turcky really is (as if we needed anymore proof). I wonder what happened to all of our turckish posters?
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

ISTANBUL CITY HALL ONCE AGAIN VOTES AGAINST 'HRANT DINK STREET'

Tert.am
        16:16 â~@¢ 09.02.10

Istanbul City Hall denied an application for renaming Ergenekon
        Avenue to Hrant Dink Street, after the slain journalist and former
        chief editor of Turkish-Armenian weekly Agos.

In case this story sounds familiar, recall that last year, Istanbul
        City Hall denied a different application for renaming Å~^afak Street,
        where Dink was murdered in January 2007, in his name.

According to news agency Hurhaber, this recent application was put
        forth by a representative of Turkey's Democratic Society Party (DTP),
        member of the Istanbul City Council, Ozgen Naman.

According to Naman, the application was denied in city council by
        representatives of the ruling Justice and Development (AK) Party,
        who comprise the majority.

Earlier, Turkey's National Education Minister Nimet Cubukcu was in
        favour of naming an Istanbul school after Dink.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
          This just can't be true ... I refuse to believe they are THIS retarded lol
          Better believe it

Check this video out:
          turks have no respect for other religions,the discrimination still goes on,turks like to kill and destroy and over 70 christian churches were destroyed in cy...

Look at what the guy at 1:33 says, I laughed SO HARD when I read this.
          Last edited by SevSpitak; 02-23-2010, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
            Well they are related to Alieve and company so.. I think recent events have shown just how far from civilized turcky really is (as if we needed anymore proof). I wonder what happened to all of our turckish posters?
            Maybe they had to be quiet for personal safety, but more likely this site was blocked.

Comment

13:41 22/03/2010 » Region
              Turkish actress receives death threats over pronouncing genocide

Turkish actress Pelin Batu pronounced the word genocide when speaking
              about 1915 events carried out in the Ottoman Empire at a
              Haberturk-aired program, bringing the program co-authors Murat
              Bardakchi and Erhan Afyoncui into fury.

The Turkish actress appeared to be in hazard due to her expression,
              Hurriyet reported. Batu said, she received death threats over
              pronouncing the word genocide.
              Note that with her mother being of Albanian decent, Pelin Batu is the
              daughter of a resigned Turkish diplomat and former parliamentarian
              Inal Batu.

Source: Panorama.am
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Here's the dissident actress in question. Who has no doubt greatly 'insulted Turkishness' by speaking the truth.

Pelin Batu

The Turks are fools and the longer that they try to cover things up the worse it gets for them.

Comment

I agree with you retro. They make themselves look much worst then anyone else could. That woman is rather attractive i see how she succeeded as a actress. I hope they dont ruin her career.
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                  X