Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Vive La France !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vive La France !!!!!

Originally posted by hrai View Post

The ability to choose to believe in higher standards of humanity is a privilege for people who live in stable and secure societies or for the terminally niaive.
    I don't know what you mean with "terminally niaive" but I definitely think you are right in the first part. So now you have to ask yourself where did these "stable and secure societies" come from. You can have the illusion of security and stability (perhaps for very very long times even) based on oppression, censorship, and forcibly silencing the opposition ... or you can try for the better I know you are emotionally tied to this particular situation so I understand why you are getting so angry at what I have said and choose to insult me rather than understand what I am trying to tell you. But part of this higher way of thinking that I am advocating is to let you do that freely.
    this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
      I don't know what you mean with "terminally niaive" but I definitely think you are right in the first part. So now you have to ask yourself where did these "stable and secure societies" come from. You can have the illusion of security and stability (perhaps for very very long times even) based on oppression, censorship, and forcibly silencing the opposition ... or you can try for the better I know you are emotionally tied to this particular situation so I understand why you are getting so angry at what I have said and choose to insult me rather than understand what I am trying to tell you. But part of this higher way of thinking that I am advocating is to let you do that freely.
      By terminally niaive I describe the victims of their own belief in higher standards of humanity as touched upon in my previous post. Their naivety left them in exposed positions, witness the Dashnaks and their foolhardy dalliance with the CUP. The turc is a master at deception, fooling Armenians into believing they were the loyal millet, fooling the bolsheviks that ataturd was a red, fooling the western powers, fooling fools.

I can see no benefit to Armenia, Armenians or humanity in trying to picture the turc for anything other than he is. No higher standard of humanity exists there. Unfortunately, some would have history repeat itself, time and time again. The turc genocide against Armenians is ongoing, witness Sumgait, Artsakh, Nakhichevan and and. It did not end in 1923. The immense funds used by the turcs to deny the genocide is part of the genocide..............not simply unpopular speech.

If you feel that this is an insult I'm truly sorry for you.

Comment

Sarkozy wants to criminalize Armenian Genocide denial in European states – Hurriyet

January 09, 2012 | 13:16

President of France Nicolas Sarkozy wants to spread bills criminalizing the Armenian Genocide throughout Europe, Hurriyet newspaper reported.

Once Turkish Ambassador Tahsin Burcuoglu returned to Ankara, Sarkozy took new steps, the newspaper writes.

The daily recalls that bill banning Armenian Genocide denial will be most likely discussed in the French Senate on January 23-31.

“Even prior to the hearings in Senate, Sarkozy took another step hampering Turkey’s joining the EU. France wants to include Armenian bill in the EU framework decision on combating racism and xenophobia adopted back in 2007. France wants to spread bill penalizing the Armenian Genocide denial throughout Europe,” the newspaper writes.

French National Assembly adopted bill which makes it a crime to deny the Armenian Genocide on December 22, 2011. The bill supposes a year imprisonment and a 45,000 euro fine for those who are denying the fact of the Armenian Genocide.

Comment

Justice and injustice are about ACTIONS.
          Justice is not that.
          Justice is about LAWS, FACTS and the TRUTH.

Verbal bullying is a form of “freedom of speech”.
          There in no “action” only “freedom of speech”.
          Yet society has (preventative) anti-bullying laws.

I am 100% for punishing bad actions.
          A futile statement since “bad actions” are open to debate ( infinitum) without a set law.

So don't misunderstand that while I maintain that speech shouldn't be censored (in any form), I still 100% am for demanding justice for the criminal actions committed by the Turks.
          Your understanding of the reasons we have laws is weak.
          Life is an uneven playing field.
          The purpose of laws is not only to establish order, but more importantly to protect the weak.
          You are basically advocating the rule of the jungle where the “stronger” ( not necessarily the morally) wins most of the time.

The fact that some people are denying truth is completely irrelevant.
          You are a joker, some people? irrelevant?

There is no question about what the truth is here.
          If you leave the the truth open to debate then the truth (the facts) are open to debate (indefinitely ....) .
          Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
          Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
          Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Londontsi .. you seem to think I am against having laws? That is just not true. I believe in the rule of law.
            this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post
              By terminally niaive I describe the victims of their own belief in higher standards of humanity as touched upon in my previous post. Their naivety left them in exposed positions, witness the Dashnaks and their foolhardy dalliance with the CUP. The turc is a master at deception, fooling Armenians into believing they were the loyal millet, fooling the bolsheviks that ataturd was a red, fooling the western powers, fooling fools.

I can see no benefit to Armenia, Armenians or humanity in trying to picture the turc for anything other than he is. No higher standard of humanity exists there. Unfortunately, some would have history repeat itself, time and time again. The turc genocide against Armenians is ongoing, witness Sumgait, Artsakh, Nakhichevan and and. It did not end in 1923. The immense funds used by the turcs to deny the genocide is part of the genocide..............not simply unpopular speech.

If you feel that this is an insult I'm truly sorry for you.
              No no I do agree with you here. I am NOT advocating letting guards down against Turks. They and those who continue to deny the truth are scum and the lowest forms of life there is no question about it. I have never wavered from my stance that Turks should be held accountable for their actions (and continued denial). I think the only nuance here is I am against censoring their denial as opposed to holding them accountable for the actual actions. The real issue is what they did and not what they say today. What they say is entirely irrelevant as the truth is the truth and more than adequately documented and no mater how much they deny it will not change.
              this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
                If you leave the the truth open to debate then the truth (the facts) are open to debate (indefinitely ....) .
                Do you want to pass laws against those who still think God made the Earth 5000 years ago or that those that think the Earth is flat? Of course not. At some point you stop bickering and arguing topics that have been beat to death. How many countries have to pass resolutions and affirmations and how many academics have to go on the record until a topic is put to rest? If you criminalize the opposing view, you are doing more of an injustice to the truth and that implies the facts alone aren't enough.

In this case, there is NO debate. The debate has been settled for a very very long time. Of course the Turks will deny it (who is really surprised by that?). The question is what now. What do we want? I don't see any specific proposals other than Turkey has to admit blah blah ... well who cares if they admit? The question is given the undisputed truth, what next?
                this post = teh win.

Comment

Do you want to pass laws against those who still think God made the Earth 5000 years ago or that those that think the Earth is flat?
                  Actually, the usual countries that would enact repressive laws like this are the sort which would make it against the law to deny that God made the Earth 5000 years ago!

If this particular law fails to pass, Turkey will say with satisfaction that the government of France has officially rejected the false genocide allegations of Armenians. If this particular law passes, Turkey will puff itself up with hurt pride and say that France has just done it as part of a plot to make certain that Turkey does not become part of the EU.
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

What do we want? I don't see any specific proposals other than Turkey has to admit blah blah ... well who cares if they admit? The question is given the undisputed truth, what next?
                    You are right, I coudn't give a damn either what they admit to at this point in time in history.......this bill insults the turkishness of Ankara with their anti-Armenian foreign policy, doesn't matter whats next or even if it actually passes.
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                      You are right, I coudn't give a damn either what they admit to at this point in time in history.......
                      You cannot come along at different times in history and ask them to admit different things.

The pressure and the “fight” should be consistent from “day one”, otherwise we would lose credibility.

Genocide triggers various international legal obligation including our demands, land compensation etc.
                      Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Working...
                      X