Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The 100th Anniversary - and Events to Mark it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artashes
    replied
    Re: The 100th Anniversary - and Events to Mark it

Originally posted by Mher View Post
    Turkey to decide on multibillion deal after April 24
    16:58, 17.02.2015

Turkey will decide on a winner of multibillion dollar contract for the construction of its anti-missile defense system after April 24 – the day when Armenians will mark Centennial of the Armenian Genocide.

“A decision before April 24 is out of question,” Hurriyet Daily News quotes a source.

Ankara will attentively follow French and U.S. positions on the centennial events in order to make the decision.

The main contenders for a big deal are CPMIEC and Eurosam.

A defense industry source said he expected tough rivalry between French and U.S. contenders in the second half of 2015. “Both of them are surely aware that how their governments tackle the centennial will be critical for success or failure,” he said.

http://news.am/eng/news/253101.html
    ---- morality vs lucrative military contract ----
    The lack of a morale spine by the us/euro is appalling.
    Take the money and throw your integrity in the gutter. That's what the us/euro are doing.

Leave a comment:

• Artashes
    replied

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
    Originally posted by Mher View Post
    This pretty much couldn't have gone any worse for Erdogan. Once again, the egotistical pseudo emperor bites off more that he can chew. This can be added to the long list of inflated ambitions that includes taking on Israel, Syria, Egypt, and US. Hopefully now, some other world leaders can show some dignity like the French and be in Armenia on the day.
    That is good news !
    The prince (lol) and his queen mum seemed to have jumped on the turc scam a bit early , roaring laughter.
    To curry favor with the butcher hominoids (turc), the English throne seems to have jumped at the chance to watch the turc celebrate Gallipoli under the guise of a commemorative .
    So does this mean mum & boy are not going ?
    Really good news !!

Leave a comment:

• Mher
    replied

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
    This pretty much couldn't have gone any worse for Erdogan. Once again, the egotistical pseudo emperor bites off more that he can chew. This can be added to the long list of inflated ambitions that includes taking on Israel, Syria, Egypt, and US. Hopefully now, some other world leaders can show some dignity like the French and be in Armenia on the day.

Leave a comment:

• Haykakan
    replied

Wow this is just funny.

Leave a comment:

• Haykakan
    replied

I was at a screening of the Orphans of the Armenian Genocide today and it was a very impressive documentary film. It told the story of the Armenian orphans who were left in the shadows of the genocide and discusses their fate along with personal stories of survivors. The film itself was impressive despite the low budget that made it possible. Besides being very educational it was also a very emotional experience. The film itself was impressive enough but what really impressed me was some of the questions that were asked by some of the audience along with the humble nature of the man who made the film and took the time to answer all the questions. This filmmaker is working on another documentary about the women of the genocide and I will not miss that one when it is ready. The Orphans of the Armenian Genocide is in some theaters and is due to be shown on many PBS stations so you can check out your PBS station to see when it will be on.

Leave a comment:

• Mher
    replied

Turkey to decide on multibillion deal after April 24
    16:58, 17.02.2015

Turkey will decide on a winner of multibillion dollar contract for the construction of its anti-missile defense system after April 24 – the day when Armenians will mark Centennial of the Armenian Genocide.

“A decision before April 24 is out of question,” Hurriyet Daily News quotes a source.

Ankara will attentively follow French and U.S. positions on the centennial events in order to make the decision.

The main contenders for a big deal are CPMIEC and Eurosam.

A defense industry source said he expected tough rivalry between French and U.S. contenders in the second half of 2015. “Both of them are surely aware that how their governments tackle the centennial will be critical for success or failure,” he said.

Ankara will attentively follow French and U.S. positions on the centennial events...

Leave a comment:

• Haykakan
    replied

QUEEN ELISABETH TO VISIT TURKEY ON APRIL 24, REPORTS SAY

15:25, 11 Feb 2015
    Siranush Ghazanchyan

Queen Elisabeth II will visit Turkey on April 24 to participate in
    the events marking the 100th anniversary of the battle of Gallipoli,
    ermenihaber.am reports, quoting dunya.com. Seven destroyer warships
    will ensure her security.

The source notes that about 14,000 tourists from New Zealand and
    Australia will visit Turkey to commemorate the Australian soldiers
    killed in the battle.

Only 13,000 spectators will be allowed to participate in the official
    ceremonies on April 24 and 25. Most Turkish citizens will be deprived
    of the opportunity to attend the events.

Leave a comment:

• Haykakan
    replied

Excellent speech by Oskanian.
    Войдите на Facebook, чтобы общаться с друзьями, родственниками и знакомыми.

Leave a comment:

• Haykakan
    replied

Found this website dedicated to the centennial.

Leave a comment:

• Haykakan
    replied

The reason you think Vrej has any validity is that you cannot read his posts in Armenian. If you could you would call him out as a saboteur also. Now go look at what he posted right after what I just wrote above. I told you that it was odd that man calling himself Vrej(revenge) and using 1915 the year of the genocide as part of his name has never posted anything in the genocide section nor ever discussed the topic even as the centennial approaches. Now go look he just started a thread on the centennial now. You see he is reading our posts and spying on us, he is filling our forum with propaganda based on lies, half truths and foreign interests, he cares not about us nor this forum which is explained by his lack of participation in any thread besides the ones he creates. he cares not for Armenia nor Armenians because his posts are full of nothing but negativity and lack anything even remotely constructive. People have the right to read and think what they want and I have the right to call bs or saboteur when I see it.

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
    Hakakan , I like you and read your post with much interest. I also like Vrej and read his posts that I can understand (English ones) with much interest. Although my family decided not to teach the 2nd generation children (me) Armenian so we might blend in better (and I understand) , I am glad Vrej posts much in Armenian.
    So I cannot comment on those posts I cannot read.
    However , Vrej is the only one I recall posting of the water situation in Hayastan .
    Vrej is the one who posts most often on the mining situation in Armenia.
    Vrej is the one who posted of the desire of the nomads to our south to graze sheep in Hayastan .
    The water, the mining, the grazing are things of PARAMOUNT importance to us.
    Vrej, thanks for sounding the alarm and alerting us to these important issues.
    I do not agree with Vrej on everything. I do not agree with you on everything & vice versa. Does not mean we can't have a civil discourse.
    I'm no fan of Lragir but I agree with Vrej ... Address the content & point out our differences.

--- on complaining --- if anyone thinks the Hayr villagers don't have much to complain about, legitimately , well these list is just too long to enumerate here.
    Anyway, thanks for telling me what the word vrej means and I look forward to your posts.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X