Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

As President, I Will Recognize The Armenian Genocide - Obama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: As President, I Will Recognize The Armenian Genocide - Obama

Obama will recognize the Armenian Genocide.The question is not if but when he wil do it.Some say that U.S foreign policy never changes which is true in many ways because they have their own interest on the other hand McCain is probably one of the most Turkish friendliest U.S senators you could find in the U.S senate.Turkey is of course an important ally to USA given its geostrategic and geopolitical postition in Europe and Middle East however Obama is going to withdraw American troops within 19 months or so.All combat troops will be out of Iraq next year in August or September.Only 35.000-50.000 troops will be left.After this has been done Turkey will of course continue to be an important ally to USA but not as before.The oil is pretty much secured too now that USA has a U.S friendly Government in Iraq.Then there`s also the negotiations between Armenia and Turkey to normalize the diplomatic relations and open the border which I think Obama is also taking into consideration before he uses the "G" word.

I personally think that the AG resolution has a better chance to pass U.S congress next year than this year.
    Last edited by Alexandros; 04-08-2009, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
      Pepsi, I'm not going to waste my time discussing this. Read up on this information yourself because it's out there. Stop watching television; they're brainwashing your kind.
      I just find it hard to believe that you don't think peoples votes count when to elect a president.
      Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

Pepsi, read my posts in here. You will get a decent clue to your question.

Comment

Originally posted by PepsiAddict View Post
          I just find it hard to believe that you don't think peoples votes count when to elect a president.
          I find it hard to believe people are still not educating themselves on their own. Study.

Comment

In an ideal world yes, but the fact is many people do not vote, and in the US you got the Electoral College to think about too, remember even if Obama would turn into Buddha, there is still the rest of parliament

Comment

Originally posted by PepsiAddict
              just find it hard to believe that you don't think peoples votes count when to elect a president.
              As the Soviet Union proved, votes are only a formality. Nevermind the fact they can manipulate the votes--- All your candidates are hand-picked by the ruling elite anyway. Why do you think only Democrats and Republicans can get into the debates? There is no room for dissenting voices. The only difference between today's USA and the USSR is that we have 2 state parties instead of 1. All others will not be tolerated on the national stage.

Originally posted by Alexandros
              Obama is going to withdraw American troops within 19 months or so.All combat troops will be out of Iraq next year in August or September.Only 35.000-50.000 troops will be left.
              All the troops taken out of Iraq are going to be sent into Afghanistan, so our overall troop deployment will not change. Also, we're leaving a minnimum of 50,000 soldiers as a "residual" force in Iraq, and Obama still has not mentioned a single word about the 150,000+ mercenaries we have in Iraq. So even after the "withdrawal", we will still have 200,000+ soldiers in Iraq. There is no substance in Obama's rhetoric.

After this has been done Turkey will of course continue to be an important ally to USA but not as before.The oil is pretty much secured too now that USA has a U.S friendly Government in Iraq.
              The US will probably have to rely on Turkey even more when they transfer some of their combat troops from Iraq to Afghanistan. The US has a friendly government in Baghdad, but this government is weak, it hasn't secured large parts of the country, and has tens of thousands of armed enemies within the country who want to overthrow them.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmSurvival View Post
                All the troops taken out of Iraq are going to be sent into Afghanistan, so our overall troop deployment will not change. Also, we're leaving a minnimum of 50,000 soldiers as a "residual" force in Iraq, and Obama still has not mentioned a single word about the 150,000+ mercenaries we have in Iraq. So even after the "withdrawal", we will still have 200,000+ soldiers in Iraq. There is no substance in Obama's rhetoric.
                All the troops taken out of Iraq are going to be sent into Afghanistan, so our overall troop deployment will not change.
                With what money?You seriously think that Obama will do that?I don`t think Obama is a war President like Bush let alone that the economy will not manage to sustain it.Obama even said that - although he sent 2 additional brigades to Afghanistan - that there must be an exit strategy in Afghanistan.

Also, we're leaving a minnimum of 50,000 soldiers as a "residual" force in Iraq, and Obama still has not mentioned a single word about the 150,000+ mercenaries we have in Iraq. So even after the "withdrawal", we will still have 200,000+ soldiers in Iraq. There is no substance in Obama's rhetoric.
                That`s a good point.However and let me quote Obama:

Friday, February 27th, 2009 at 12:42 pm

Remarks of President Barack Obama – Responsibly Ending the War in Iraq

Remarks of President Barack Obama – As Prepared for Delivery
                Responsibly Ending the War in Iraq
                Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
                Friday, February 27, 2009

After we remove our combat brigades, our mission will change from combat to supporting the Iraqi government and its Security Forces as they take the absolute lead in securing their country. As I have long said, we will retain a transitional force to carry out three distinct functions: training, equipping, and advising Iraqi Security Forces as long as they remain non-sectarian; conducting targeted counter-terrorism missions; and protecting our ongoing civilian and military efforts within Iraq. Initially, this force will likely be made up of 35-50,000 U.S. troops.

Through this period of transition, we will carry out further redeployments. And under the Status of Forces Agreement with the Iraqi government, I intend to remove all U.S. troops from Iraq by the end of 2011. We will complete this transition to Iraqi responsibility, and we will bring our troops home with the honor that they have earned.

Link
                Obama will withdraw all U.S troops by the end of 2011.As for the mercenaries, that was nothing new to me but what I didn`t know that they were that many as you mentioned.It will be interesting to see if Obama will continue to fund all these private contractors considering that he wants to end the war in Iraq - personally I doubt that he will.These private contractors seems to have more close ties with Bush and Cheney than to Obama and Biden in my honest opinion.

All the troops taken out of Iraq are going to be sent into Afghanistan, so our overall troop deployment will not change.
                The US will probably have to rely on Turkey even more when they transfer some of their combat troops from Iraq to Afghanistan.
                Not so sure about that since I don`t think Obama will redeploy all U.S troops from Iraq to Afghanistan for the reasons I mentioned above.It may be so that USA uses Turkey to withdraw their troops but again, even that`s a speculation because it`s a sensitive matter for the Turks too.Remember that Turkey didn`t allow American troops use Turkish soil in order to open a Northern front against Iraq(you remember how pissed Rumsfeldt was?).I guess Turkey asked for too much money and other things but didn`t get what they wanted.

The US has a friendly government in Baghdad, but this government is weak, it hasn't secured large parts of the country, and has tens of thousands of armed enemies within the country who want to overthrow them.
                True, but the real threat are not the armed enemies, it`s rather if the Shia, Sunni and Kurds manage to continue to cooperate with each other after USA leaves Iraq.Beacuse if they don`t there`s a high possibility we could see a civil war.Anyway, it remains to be seen what will happen after USA leaves Iraq.However the oil is there and we all know that one of the reasons USA invaded Iraq was because of its oil.British and US companies have won Iraq oil contracts.There`s a lot of money here involved.
                Last edited by Alexandros; 04-09-2009, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandros View Post
                  Obama will recognize the Armenian Genocide.The question is not if but when he wil do it.Some say that U.S foreign policy never changes which is true in many ways because they have their own interest on the other hand McCain is probably one of the most Turkish friendliest U.S senators you could find in the U.S senate.Turkey is of course an important ally to USA given its geostrategic and geopolitical postition in Europe and Middle East however Obama is going to withdraw American troops within 19 months or so.All combat troops will be out of Iraq next year in August or September.Only 35.000-50.000 troops will be left.After this has been done Turkey will of course continue to be an important ally to USA but not as before.The oil is pretty much secured too now that USA has a U.S friendly Government in Iraq.Then there`s also the negotiations between Armenia and Turkey to normalize the diplomatic relations and open the border which I think Obama is also taking into consideration before he uses the "G" word.

I personally think that the AG resolution has a better chance to pass U.S congress next year than this year.
                  Even if he will not go all the way, he has already made a step or two in the right direction. He could have totally ignored Amenians in his statement to the Turkish parliamant.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro Xaramillo View Post
                    In an ideal world yes, but the fact is many people do not vote, and in the US you got the Electoral College to think about too, remember even if Obama would turn into Buddha, there is still the rest of parliament
                    What is your point?
                    It makes a difference even if the voting system and process are not perfect. The shortcomings of the system can only impact the results within a certain degree.

PepsiAddict, aren't you supposed to be too dumb *is joking* to understand? So I don't understand why some are asking you to read what you can't understand? Isn't that dumb?

By the way I agree that it makes a difference even in a non-ideal world.

Comment

With what money?You seriously think that Obama will do that?I don`t think Obama is a war President like Bush let alone that the economy will not manage to sustain it.Obama even said that - although he sent 2 additional brigades to Afghanistan - that there must be an exit strategy in Afghanistan.
                      We haven't had money for years now. The Federal Reserve prints money out of thin air. The next few generations of Americans are already in debt because of the massive bailouts, which have cost over $10 trillion, and they did it without blinking an eye.

As for an exit strategy for Afghanistan.... like Iraq, there are only vague objectives, but contrary to the Iraq war, the war in Afghanistan is seen by many people as justified. So its likely to drag out for a long time, but it won't make a difference: No one can conquer Afghanistan.

Obama will withdraw all U.S troops by the end of 2011.

He said he will withdraw all combat troops by the end of 2011. We're still going to keep 50,000 "non-combat" troops there for an indefinite period of time, probably for decades. Think about it, we still have tens of thousands of troops in Germany and Korea from 60 years ago, and these are friendly and stable countries. There is actually a lot at stake in Iraq, so don't expect the US to go anywhere.

As for the mercenaries, that was nothing new to me but what I didn`t know that they were that many as you mentioned.It will be interesting to see if Obama will continue to fund all these private contractors considering that he wants to end the war in Iraq - personally I doubt that he will.These private contractors seems to have more close ties with Bush and Cheney than to Obama and Biden in my honest opinion.
                      You have to remember that Democrats and Republicans are both agents of the military-industrial complex and international bankers. They have the same paymasters and serve the same interests.

True, but the real threat are not the armed enemies, it`s rather if the Shia, Sunni and Kurds manage to continue to cooperate with each other after USA leaves Iraq.Beacuse if they don`t there`s a high possibility we could see a civil war.Anyway, it remains to be seen what will happen after USA leaves Iraq.However the oil is there and we all know that one of the reasons USA invaded Iraq was because of its oil.British and US companies have won Iraq oil contracts.There`s a lot of money here involved.
                      You're right theres a lot at stake here, not just money, but energy resources, water resources, geopolitical positioning (having a firm foothold in the middle east), etc, which is why they are not going to pack up and leave it all up to the Iraqis to handle. The Iraqis most probably will not be united in any real sense, breaking up into different factions, and they will easily be manipulated by other regional powers to the detriment of the US (basically a more intense continuation of what has already happened). If the US is going to scale back its troops in Iraq, it will need a friend in the neighborhood--- what better option than Turkey, which has the 2nd biggest military in NATO behind the US.

Comment

Working...
                      X