Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

As President, I Will Recognize The Armenian Genocide - Obama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: As President, I Will Recognize The Armenian Genocide - Obama

Turkey is an important ally, regardless of whether or not Obama's belief of the genocide is or isn't legit. The United States is a powerful nation that ironically has its puppeteers. It can't offend Israel, China, Japan, or Turkey.

Just last year, Turkey had threatened to withdraw support of the war if the United States accepted the Armenian Genocide. The United States has had a military base in Turkey ever since the Cold War, and it now has a base for the war on terror.

In the future, Turkey may serve as an important ally if the United States chooses to go to war with Iran. Armenia will definitely not support war against its good neighbor nation.

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
      Says who?
      Well let me ask you this, what's the point of voting if it doesn't count?
      Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

To America, having Turkey as an ally is much more important than it's Armenian community. I don't think America wants to take risks hoping things won't screw up more than it already has.Then again, we are looking for 'change.' Maybe things will result in peace afterall.

In the meanwhile, I'm going to sit at a corner and enjoy my snowcone while I wait for Obama to 'change' the world and do something big as he said he would.

For Christs sake, as I type, all I'm hearing is "Obama this, Obama that, Armenian Genocide, Obama, Armenian Genocide, Genocide, Obama, Barack Obama, Armenian this, red-blue-orange that." The Armenian channel is on a role! Hay Lur! Woot Woot! lol

Comment

Originally posted by iFemale View Post
          Turkey is an important ally, regardless of whether or not Obama's belief of the genocide is or isn't legit. The United States is a powerful nation that ironically has its puppeteers. It can't offend Israel, China, Japan, or Turkey.

Just last year, Turkey had threatened to withdraw support of the war if the United States accepted the Armenian Genocide. The United States has had a military base in Turkey ever since the Cold War, and it now has a base for the war on terror.

In the future, Turkey may serve as an important ally if the United States chooses to go to war with Iran. Armenia will definitely not support war against its good neighbor nation.
          I agree with you and see your point, but we must question this from a humanstic approach, 1.5 Million people were killed, it was ignored, now look at Darfur, Guatemala in 1981, The Holocaust, etc
          If the Armenian Genocide was recognised there would be less chance of that happening, people will know what to look out for and know that Genocide will not be tolerated

You raise very valid points, but we as people should no think of our nation, no, sometimes as people, as human beings we must transcend what makes money because that is all the war on terror really is, and Turkey needs the US just like the US needs Turkey, I agree heavin forbid there is a war between the US and Iran the US will need Turkey, its its main front to access the Western Asian and Caucasus area

The point is the US has a duty to its Armenian citizens, you have contributed so much and ask for very little, its high time its given to you,, the least a country can do for its inhabitants is not call them liars, denying he GEnocide is lying

I don't see how it will eff up America though, if anything the US needs to start intervening less into other countries, and regardless even if it did, human life is far more precious than what resources can be taken from the Middle East, we must remember that recognising the Genocide is prevention of future Genocides and a stand against a very ignorant and racist atrocity that occured

Comment

Politics is a lie and it's dirty. A great politician knows how to lie and knows how to get his hands dirty. That's basically how they gain your votes. It's like all these people go to vote wearing a blindfold. Most people don't even know why they're voting and what the hell their voting for. Let's be real, yes the Armenians do have strong grassroots in America, but, honestly, I don't think the results for the elections would have even changed if a single Armenian voted or not.
            Last edited by iFemale; 04-08-2009, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PepsiAddict View Post
              Well let me ask you this, what's the point of voting if it doesn't count?
              Pepsi, I'm not going to waste my time discussing this. Read up on this information yourself because it's out there. Stop watching television; they're brainwashing your kind.

Comment

I agree with you wholeheartedly on the part of the politics being dirty, at the end of the day its who profits the US more, Turkey will give more bang for the buck so the US sees no reason from a financial and strategic position to piss off Turkey

I agree that if Armenians did no vote OBama would still have a truly large following, however, Armenians did do alot to help give him in, and were truly hopeful that he would do as needed

I agree with you, situations don't look to positive always in this regard, but never the less, you can only lie about the truth for so long and it would be in Americas best interested to recognise the Genocide

France, Argentina, Venezuela, Russia, etc did, they're ok, so why can't the US
                (other than the obvious economic reasons)
                Last edited by Pedro Xaramillo; 04-08-2009, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro Xaramillo View Post
                  I agree that if Armenians did no vote OBama would still have a truly large following, however, Armenians did do alot to help give him in, and were truly hopeful that he would do as needed
                  Of course the Armenians gave in their all, mainly doing it for the Genocide in which Obama had stated it being recognized. Again, the Armenians who voted for Obama only for acceptance of the Armenian Genocide, truly aren't aware of the backbiting in politics.

Comment

True as well, has happened many times with many candidates it seems in the US, best anyone can do is hope iFemale jan and spread as much awareness as possible so that people will have to recognise it, like they did with the Holocaust

Comment

Indeed, mi amigo, hope it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X