Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Turkish-Armenian signing delayed; Clinton departs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Turkish-Armenian signing delayed; Clinton departs

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
    Thats just how it is in the USA to. The democratic government you want Armenia to have does not exist anywhere and never will.
    USA is vast, rich and strong - they can afford the corruption and can get away with it -. Our newly liberated country is small, new and neither rich nor strong yet, they can't afford the corruption at this level.

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
      Why the question? Are you doubting me? FYI; I happen to know it from relatives and acquaintances.

So you have never seen it with your own eyes?
      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

USA is vast, rich and strong - they can afford the corruption and can get away with it -. Our newly liberated country is small, new and neither rich nor strong yet, they can't afford the corruption at this level.
        Corruption is more widespread in the usa then in Armenia and it effects the usa far worst. The corrupt elements in usa society are going to bring about its downfall while the corrupt elements in Armenia are strengthening the sate. Anush your outlook on world events is much too simplistic, the world is a complicated place and understanding it is not always easy because its not all in black and white.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
          So you have never seen it with your own eyes?
          Why? Does someone has to put it in my eye to make it see the reality of it or shouldn't I trust my uncle and aunt nor friends and numerous posts in here and elsewhere and in the newspapers too?
          Last edited by Anoush; 10-11-2009, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Corruption is more widespread in the usa then in Armenia and it effects the usa far worst. The corrupt elements in usa society are going to bring about its downfall while the corrupt elements in Armenia are strengthening the sate. Anush your outlook on world events is much too simplistic, the world is a complicated place and understanding it is not always easy because its not all in black and white.
            You're claiming to be a matematician than start counting and using that logic of yours. Of course corruption has effected USA more especially lately when it caught up with them; even though the US has been for 233 years a huge industrially rich country, but in most part it has been democratic, rich and stable for years. Ours is only 19 years old, not yet stable, much poorer, small and landlocked. We cannot afford the corruption in the level of government that they have. You're outlook is one sided Russianisitic, not Armenofil.

Comment

A president from spiurk is not gona get elected in Armenia. There is too big of a rift between the diasora and Hayastan today as is evident in this forum. This is a dangerous rift and being closed minded makes it wider yet.
              The largest protest against the Turkish protocols took place in Yerevan. It is actually the Turkish government that spreads this so-called "rift" message. The Armenian people are overwhelmingly united, it is a whole different matter when it comes to the Serzh Sargsyan regime and the Armenian people.

Comment

Originally posted by iversonmania View Post
                funny the last sentence..

diplomatic relations with no open borders. we gave away the genocide for nothing.now we need to give away karabakh.
                after we give away karabakh we probably still need to give sthg away
                Ilham Aliev made no bones about it during the Turkic countries meeting in Nakhichevan. Not only they consider Armenian Artsakh as Turkic but have also openly staked claim to the Syunik province of Armenia - which along with Artsakh is the only wedge that stands on the path of the pan-Turkic union.

Comment

I still maintain that Armenians in the Motherland are somewhat different yes; but not day and night different. No. Armenians whether in the Diaspora or in the Motherland still feel quite similar and attached to their land. Whether in here or in there, we all love our culture, our heritage, our language and we need our Armenian sweet land to continue our Armenianness. We have done it this far, we really came along and we (all of us) are not going to lose the battle. We shall continue to survive!
                  Believe me, our commonalities outweigh all the differences. Most of these ideas of division on psychological level have been placed by our enemies, most notably the Turkish government, so please do not repeat these divisive memes.

Comment

Yes, the Turkish government as well as the Soviets before.

Comment

You're claiming to be a matematician than start counting and using that logic of yours. Of course corruption has effected USA more especially lately when it caught up with them; even though the US has been for 233 years a huge industrially rich country, but in most part it has been democratic, rich and stable for years. Ours is only 19 years old, not yet stable, much poorer, small and landlocked. We cannot afford the corruption in the level of government that they have. You're outlook is one sided Russianisitic, not Armenofil.
                      Im no mathmatition but i do teach Algebra. As for curruption, for the time being is unavoidable. Armenia is a dependent state and for now it has no options. My outlook is not sided in any way, i am a realist, i make my decisions based on reality and nothing else. As much as people like to rip on this government, a realist will say ok let me analyze this objectively and see what have the kocharian-sarkisian rule gotten for Armenia since they took over by overthrowing LTP. The facts are that they inherited a wartorn nation which had economicaly collapsed, was losing the war and was being blockaded on all sides. Under such dreadfull circumstances they won the war, made huge advances economicaly and seem to be succeeding in ending Armenias isolation as well. You dont need to be a mathematition or a algebra teacher to realize these are incredible accomplishments yet despite these accomplishments they are being labled all kinds of hidious things by mostly diasporans who dont know what Armenia was like when they inherited it, nor do they care about what it took to get it to where it is today nor do they care about where it is headed. All you and most others see and say is protocals which give up nothing we have and based on this you ignore all else and label these people davachan. Your forseeing doom and gloom from a organization that has brought nothing but good things to a country that had no chance of being where it is today without these guys. For me it is simply comical to read the conclusion and deductions being made "armenia is doomed" "davachanner" "turckey is going to take over"... It is true that Russia controls Armenia and that Armenia is not nor can it be truely independent today, yes i do appreciate russias protection, it has allowed us to exist in a situation where we had no chance of exicting, and if that makes me a russophile in your mind then so be it. You want the russians out? ok so whats your alternative? A spyurk president you say? Who is going to support this spyurk president? where is he going to get his power? why would the people of armenia choose a outsider to run their country? How would armenias only protector react to such a situation? You really need to think about these questions, they are harder to answer then you think. The world is not as simple as you guys make it out to be, especialy for Hayastan. Instead of being a uninvolved critic do something useful with yourself, buy a ticket go there and see the place for a change instead of playing armchair quarterback and proclaiming yourself the next tom brady.
                      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                      X