Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Eurovision 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eurovision 2010

Originally posted by seruven View Post
    8. "Never" (performer - Sonya, lyrics by K. Grigoryan, music by S. Qatuzyan)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jDQIRYqpI8
    This is a plagiarism

Its begining part is totally same with Turkish song
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Then it follows same rhythm with another Turkish song

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Listen them, you will notice the plagiarism.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakamoz View Post
      This is a plagiarism

Its begining part is totally same with Turkish song

Then it follows same rhythm with another Turkish song

Listen them, you will notice the plagiarism.
      First of all I don’t see any similarities in any of them, and secondly if you’re saying this is a Turkish rhythm or beat, for your knwolage, you are wrong because these are oriental beat or rhythm (Arabic) even the Turkish ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Sassun View Post
        My favorites:

Denmark:

Finland:

Cyprus:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bHgvOesfSc
        Honestly, all of these were stupid. Finland was alright but it's going to be difficult for them to lead since the song won't be understood by many. I say, you can sing in English and still keep it cultural. I have a strong sense that Armenia will do well this year, very strong.

Comment

Originally posted by iFemale View Post
          Honestly, all of these were stupid. Finland was alright but it's going to be difficult for them to lead since the song won't be understood by many. I say, you can sing in English and still keep it cultural. I have a strong sense that Armenia will do well this year, very strong.
          I really don't see what's "stupid" about them, unless one categorizes anything one doesn't like or that doesn't fit into one's priorities, as stupid! It's one thing that you don't like it or find it boring/predictable, whatever, but what exactly makes them "stupid"? They are both very good songs with excellent stage performance (well, Denmark anyway - Cyprus doesn't have much of a stage performance). I don't see what makes Armenia's entry any less "stupid" than those, for example. The Armenian entry's lyrics actually make very little sense, and the tune is cheap and the way the composer has tried to incorporate "orientalism" into it, is kinda childish. I could be wrong, but I have huge doubts that any European would fall for such a boring and childish tune, and even worse, that they would find the references to "motherland" and "God" to be appealing.

I think it says a lot about you, that you choose to dismiss others' entries -- and very good ones at that -- as "stupid". And I don't see why Finland's entry would not stand a chance of winning just because it's in a foreign language. I for one love it and would've voted for it over Armenia's English-language entry any day.

Comment

Originally posted by Sassun View Post
            I really don't see what's "stupid" about them, unless one categorizes anything one doesn't like or that doesn't fit into one's priorities, as stupid! It's one thing that you don't like it or find it boring/predictable, whatever, but what exactly makes them "stupid"? They are both very good songs with excellent stage performance (well, Denmark anyway - Cyprus doesn't have much of a stage performance). I don't see what makes Armenia's entry any less "stupid" than those, for example. The Armenian entry's lyrics actually make very little sense, and the tune is cheap and the way the composer has tried to incorporate "orientalism" into it, is kinda childish. I could be wrong, but I have huge doubts that any European would fall for such a boring and childish tune, and even worse, that they would find the references to "motherland" and "God" to be appealing.

I think it says a lot about you, that you choose to dismiss others' entries -- and very good ones at that -- as "stupid". And I don't see why Finland's entry would not stand a chance of winning just because it's in a foreign language. I for one love it and would've voted for it over Armenia's English-language entry any day.
            Have a beer ya? And stop getting butt hurt over Eurovision jams. I have my reasons for thinking it's "stupid" and I can label however I please. Also, I'm glad you can decide by a single sentence I write, a lot about me is being "said" or "shown." You are officially a genius by comparing and declaring my personality through a couple of Eurovisions songs man, way to go!

Comment

In my opinion the only way Armenia is ever gonna win d #1 spot in Eurovision is if System of A Down goes...

Comment

Originally posted by iFemale View Post
                Have a beer ya? And stop getting butt hurt over Eurovision jams. I have my reasons for thinking it's "stupid" and I can label however I please. Also, I'm glad you can decide by a single sentence I write, a lot about me is being "said" or "shown." You are officially a genius by comparing and declaring my personality through a couple of Eurovisions songs man, way to go!
                Thanks, was the beer on you? I do not drink alcohol, though. Can I have a chocolate or something like that instead? I wasn't assessing your personality "through" Eurovision songs: I was doing so based on your fanatical reaction to a song, just because it happens to not be Armenian or because you are so desperately hoping that saying it's stupid will make it so and convince you that Armenia's entry is really better than all the rest of them (when it obviously is not "good" even by itself, without comparing it to others). So my conclusion: You sound pretty fanatical to me.

I'm rooting for either of these 3 entries, though I haven't heard the others and many have not even been decided yet.. I also like Albania's song and the voice of the singer , Juliana Pasha. Actually, I think Albania's entry is better than Cyprus's.

Comment

Originally posted by ani View Post
                  In my opinion the only way Armenia is ever gonna win d #1 spot in Eurovision is if System of A Down goes...
                  I think that'd be cool!!! But I think they wouldn't do that sort of thing? Let's hope they will participate one of these days!!! I'd love to see them representing Armenia!!!

Comment

OH !!! I just listened to the Spanish entry.... it is GOOD.... wow! I didn't watch the clip yet though so donno about stage performance.... I really like the song !

Comment

xxxx this why have we gone soft this year

where are the duduks the zurnas? this is annoying

hope ays dzmer wins great song

Comment

Working...
                      X