Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Reviews & Ratings

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Vantage Point - 8/10

Keeps you at the edge of your seat for most of the movie and pretty clever. The ending was a little too cliche and American but overall, very solid.
    Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Harrison's Flowers - 9.5/10 - a moving and heroic film. makes you really think about the horrors and disasters of war. Not a big name film, but still a must see!
      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
      ---
      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

First Sunday3/5
        Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

Dolores Claiborne (1995) 3 1/2 -5.

Good movie but some parts were slow.

Comment

The Flinstones 2/5
            Mr. Woodxxxx ( I know the movies title seems nasty but its a movie with Sean William Scott Bill Bob Thorthon & Susan Sarandon) 3/5.

Comment

Terms of Endearment
              Debra Winger is amazing throughout the entire film! This film will make anybody cry and it definitely had me chocked up. The little boy at the end is enough to push anyone over the edge. Very emotional film and great acting from the entire cast. Beautiful film.
              I always considered this to be a Hollywood production of a lifetime channel movie. A real sappy tearjerker. I do like the scene at the supermarket with not enough money to pay for groceries.

The Italian Job
              Wahlberg is an amazing actor and is a favorite.
              And you are a film director? How can you even make a comment like that? He is always so over the top. Apparently he is doing something different, because he directed the series on HBO called "In Treatment" with Gabriel Byrne.
              Match Point
              I finally stepped away from all the classic Woody Allen films and took a dive into his 2005 masterpiece. Set entirely in London, Match Point is an amazing piece of work. Scarlett manages to play the seductive female who sways Meyers off his feet. Very beautifully constructed and excellent filmmaking. The ending was one of the best I have ever seen. Must see!
              This is the only film by Woody Allen that I actually liked, minus Scarlet J. (she is an absolutely deplorable actress). Although to Scarlett's defense, that was the only role she managed to play decently. I liked the movie because of the story, the main actor, cinematography and mostly because Woody Allen wasn't in it. He should direct more movies where he doesn't act, his neurotic self with an ego-stroking tendency of starring along with the hottest female movie star at that time is really annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
                Fargo
                Just an overall great film by the Cohen brothers. Screenplay and direction were amazing. This is exactly what a good film should be like.
                Great one.

Punch-Drunk Love
                Very interesting film by Paul Thomas Anderson. His style is a combination of so many filmmakers. I absolutely love the way he shoots his films. He's an amazing writer and a visionary director.
                Hated it

Exotica
                A great film regardless of what anyone says. This is a beautiful story and I love the way Egoyan constructed the story. He starts off by making us assume certain qualities about the characters and we slowly find out we were completely wrong. Beautiful film!
                Dragged out melodrama with very contrived dialogs.
                The Dark Knight
                No matter how much time or thought I put into this review, nothing will do justice to how great this film was. BEAUTIFUL film and an amazing work of art from Christopher Nolan. Heath Ledger stole the movie and never gave it back. This was not a comic book movie, this was pure film. The ending was incredible and once others see it, I'll feel more comfortable to discuss it. Best film ever!
                I completely agree. This is the second new movie which left me completely mesmerized. The first one was "The Fall" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460791/ if you haven't seen it, you should it's visually stunning, it's definitely looks better on the big screen though.

The Dark Knight is intoxicating. I am still thinking and analyzing the movie, it's so beautifully done, so well acted, I was so thrilled that I must see it again. Heath was brilliant indeed, but so was everyone else, including Maggie H. who was a million times better than Katie who was totally miscast (another one of those talentless actresses with a poor selection of facial expressions) and of course Christian B. was was not only scrumptious but simply awesome in his role (he always gets into his character). He is very intense which makes him so good, another one who possesses the same intensity and mysteriousness is Daniel Day who is an incredible actor as well.

Comment

I don't know if I should reply to your ignorant comments. Maybe later, when I have nothing to do with my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Inthemood
                    I always considered this to be a Hollywood production of a lifetime channel movie. A real sappy tearjerker. I do like the scene at the supermarket with not enough money to pay for groceries.
                    Great scene and an overall, a good film. It does feel like a Lifetime film but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. There are so many things about the film to love.

And you are a film director? How can you even make a comment like that? He is always so over the top. Apparently he is doing something different, because he directed the series on HBO called "In Treatment" with Gabriel Byrne.
                    Over the top? Wow, and you would know right? He's currently being pursued by every director possible but yeah, I guess you're right. The Italian Job is a great action film unlike so many of its kind. Wahlberg is a great actor to watch on the screen because of his energy. Sure, I wouldn't rank him up there with the greatest of all the time but he is very worthy.

Hated it
                    Or maybe you should say, I didn't get it. Again, Paul Thomas Anderson is being compared to Martin Scorsese and this film is being looked at as a masterpiece. But yeah, you're right, it's a stupid film and people should "hate" it. I know many people who don't like this film but calling hate to it is absurd. Maybe you should watch it again and read up an analysis of the film to help explain why it's a great film.

Dragged out melodrama with very contrived dialogs.
                    I won't bother answering, you obviously hate all of his work.

This is the only film by Woody Allen that I actually liked, minus Scarlet J. (she is an absolutely deplorable actress). Although to Scarlett's defense, that was the only role she managed to play decently. I liked the movie because of the story, the main actor, cinematography and mostly because Woody Allen wasn't in it. He should direct more movies where he doesn't act, his neurotic self with an ego-stroking tendency of starring along with the hottest female movie star at that time is really annoying.
                    I love the Woody Allen hate... let me ask you, name one other filmmaker who either wrote or directed a film every year for the past 40 years. I guess it's only fair for every filmmaker to get jealous over his work ethic. It's also wonderful how actors give up their jobs everyday to run to a Woody Allen film. HOW CRAZY THEY MUST BE!

First of all, Scarlett Johannson is one of the reasons why this film clicked. Only she could portray a sexy, American woman who lures a married man away. Do you have any better casting decisions since you're also a talent scout?

Second, Woody Allen was slacking off in the 90s, I agree. But if you think this is one of his only work you can stand, you definitely don't know what you're talking about. Maybe what you don't know is Woody Allen doesn't play himself -- he has developed a neurotic character for the film -- not vice versa. It would suck living a life where you couldn't laugh at Woody Allen's masterpieces.

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
                      I don't know if I should reply to your ignorant comments. Maybe later, when I have nothing to do with my life.
                      I see that the intermission when you didn't have anything to do with your life came 3 hours later. I am very honored that you have considered a reply to me as a way to fill your useless time.

Comment

Working...
                      X