Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Reviews & Ratings

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
    Yeah, that's why she broke through with Manny & Lo, right? She was just casted for being sexy.

I have no problem with people stating their opinions in film, in fact, I love it. Scroll up and read your posts... "Hate it" and a bunch of other ignorant comments about cinematography... when you know nothing about the sort! I laugh at the fact that you ask LadySilver if IRON MAN is a better film than THE INCREDIBLE HULK... yet here you are hating on PAUL THOMAS ANDERSON?? Go watch a Michael Haneke film, who doesn't cast any sexy actresses... NAOMI WATTS??
    She was always a pretty girl, and we all know that Hollywood likes cute kids (think home alone, Christian Bale, etc.) That means nothing here.

Perhaps you are right, my comments are very ignorant, from now on I will step back to my "ignorance" square and try to share my views with the rest of the bumpkins, since my opinions haven't reached your film expert's elite status. Perhaps one day I will be invited to your movie critic VIP lounge.

Those movies are pure entertainment and I don't mind them to be as such. Apparently Michael Haneke has been your favorite weapon against me, I fail to see how you plan to provoke me with your reference to him, but if it amuses you please do go on.

As for Naomi Watts, whatever your silly crying emoticon means, she is refreshingly talented as well as strikingly beautiful. If your point is that he cast her partially due to her looks, perhaps it's so, but she is an excellent actress nevertheless so it doesn't hurt. If you mean that she is talentless, then go watch another one of Adam Sandler's movies, I would particularly suggest "The Waterboy," really fascinating stuff. Who can miss the delicate transition of a twit actor to a serious role of some degenerate who is cleverly cast in a philosophical movie to give him an aura of significance which so many people are quick to concede. I mean, it's so original...Bill Murray, Tom Hanks, Jim Carrey, Ben Stiller don't really count.

Comment

Originally posted by Inthemood
      She was always a pretty girl, and we all know that Hollywood likes cute kids (think home alone, Christian Bale, etc.) That means nothing here.
      Yeah, you're right, it was so well received because she's a cute kid.

Perhaps you are right, my comments are very ignorant, from now on I will step back to my "ignorance" square and try to share my views with the rest of the bumpkins, since my opinions haven't reached your film expert's elite status. Perhaps one day I will be invited to your movie critic VIP lounge.
      I highly doubt this.

As for Naomi Watts, whatever your silly crying emoticon means, she is refreshingly talented as well as strikingly beautiful. If your point is that he cast her partially due to her looks, perhaps it's so, but she is an excellent actress nevertheless so it doesn't hurt. If you mean that she is talentless, then go watch another one of Adam Sandler's movies, I would particularly suggest "The Waterboy," really fascinating stuff.
      Naomi Watts is beautiful and a very talented actress. What I meant was, the only director I have heard you rave about was Haneke -- a man who remade his own film and casted a beautiful actress. Nice move.

Oh, and LOL @ you missing the point. When did I say I liked Punch-Drunk Love because of Adam Sandler? Maybe you didn't know but he's one of those actors I can't stand. I believe I said I like the film because of PTA!

Comment

since my opinions haven't reached your film expert's elite status.
        Perhaps the reason we had this little argument is because you have not stated any opinions.

Last time I checked, "Hate it" is not a good enough opinion for a film. I mean, unless your 12 years old.

Comment

Perhaps the reason we had this little argument is because you have not stated any opinions.

Last time I checked, "Hate it" is not a good enough opinion for a film. I mean, unless your 12 years old.
          IF I haven't stated any opinions, what do you classify my posts as, facts? I am truly flattered.

Last time you checked? Where exactly did you check may I ask? Perhaps it was the "Opinions Encyclopedia?" I admit I haven't laid my eyes on one of those, maybe you can post a link to the resource, I'd like to have a look.

"Hate it" is a valid emotion as well as a solid opinion. Now if you want me to elaborate further, you can just ask and I will make it more thrilling for you. Nevertheless, "hated it" works very well for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Inthemood View Post
            "Hate it" is a valid emotion as well as a solid opinion. Now if you want me to elaborate further, you can just ask and I will make it more thrilling for you. Nevertheless, "hated it" works very well for me.
            See, that's where your wrong.

I'm not trying to get into a fight with you so hear me out. How about next time, you don't quote every film I watch and reply with the word HATE. How about, you say...

"I didn't enjoy this film because..."

It would also help having legitimate reasons. Maybe because you hate Adam Sandler, it automatically made you hate PDL. But if you're so concerned with cinematography, filmmaking, etc. then maybe you should realize it's a good film in that sense.

Comment

Yeah, you're right, it was so well received because she's a cute kid.

Naomi Watts is beautiful and a very talented actress. What I meant was, the only director I have heard you rave about was Haneke -- a man who remade his own film and casted a beautiful actress. Nice move.

Oh, and LOL @ you missing the point. When did I say I liked Punch-Drunk Love because of Adam Sandler? Maybe you didn't know but he's one of those actors I can't stand. I believe I said I like the film because of PTA!
              I am glad you see it my way, a little late but acceptable.

I think I made my point about Watts very clear. I understood your intention of taking a jab at Haneke by referencing an actress he cast partially due to her looks. Just because he is the only director I raved about doesn't mean I don't have any others. I happen to love his work, as he stands out in a very unique way. He doesn't direct beautiful films, just as Dostoevsky didn't write romantic prose, but he is brilliant. It's true there are a lot more contemporary directors I dislike than the ones I like.

By the way, this is probably very ignorant as well, but I simply cannot appreciate a movie if the acting is revolting. Bad actors can quickly spoil the most fantastic movie, but good ones can save a pretty mediocre film.

Anyway, you are not really interested in my peasant views.

Comment

I'm not trying to get into a fight with you so hear me out. How about next time, you don't quote every film I watch and reply with the word HATE. How about, you say...

"I didn't enjoy this film because..."
                Are we fighting? I find this rather amusing.

Give me one good reason why I should be the one to conform to your conditions? Could this possibly be my free pass to your elite VIP square? How about I name my terms in return?

Comment

But if you're so concerned with cinematography, filmmaking, etc. then maybe you should realize it's a good film in that sense.
                  I'll much sooner renounce my interest in films than realize that PDL is a good film in any sense.

Comment

I am glad you see it my way, a little late but acceptable.
                    The word I'm looking for is sarcasm. Google.

By the way, this is probably very ignorant as well, but I simply cannot appreciate a movie if the acting is revolting. Bad actors can quickly spoil the most fantastic movie, but good ones can save a pretty mediocre film.

Anyway, you are not really interested in my peasant views.
                    That's not ignorant, acting is very essential to film, obviously and I completely agree. Although this further proves why you dislike PDL; the fact that you hate Adam Sandler.

Originally posted by Inthemood View Post
                    Are we fighting? I find this rather amusing.

Give me one good reason why I should be the one to conform to your conditions? Could this possibly be my free pass to your elite VIP square? How about I name my terms in return?
                    Have it your way.

I'll much sooner renounce my interest in films than realize that PDL is a good film in any sense.
                    That's exactly it, you have an interest in film. You're clearly acting like you know so much more than everyone else but you don't. I'm not acting like I do but I'm forced to prove you wrong on certain things.

It's obvious you are too stupid (I could have used a better word but chose not to) because you're one dimensional when it comes to viewing films.

Comment

The word I'm looking for is sarcasm. Google.

That's not ignorant, acting is very essential to film, obviously and I completely agree. Although this further proves why you dislike PDL; the fact that you hate Adam Sandler.

Have it your way.

That's exactly it, you have an interest in film. You're clearly acting like you know so much more than everyone else but you don't. I'm not acting like I do but I'm forced to prove you wrong on certain things.

It's obvious you are too stupid (I could have used a better word but chose not to) because you're one dimensional when it comes to viewing films.
                      Sarcasm was in return for sarcasm, google it yourself.

Nowhere in posts did I imply or state directly that I was highly knowledgeable about film. Apparently, for some, in order to express ones opinion about any film one must be highly qualified, otherwise his/her opinion is considered to be ignorant and idiotic. I never forced you to agree with me.

This is where our exchange ends. You can be as rough as you want, but one thing I don't appreciate is a crude remark such as "you're stupid." Very unexpected coming from a person who finds remarks such as "Hated it" childish and inappropriate.

Comment

Working...
                      X