Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Reviews & Ratings

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Achkerov kute.

Comment

• The last movie I saw in theaters was "After Freedom"... a really bad Armenian flick done by a director who's acting like he's the Steven Spielberg of Glendale now... eh, it's ok... my time is coming *looks around all shifty eyed*

But seriously, I was hugely disapointed by this... and people try to blame it on the fact that it had a minimalist budget... so did Kevin Smith's Clerks which has become a cult classic (unlike After Freedom), and Rober Rodriguez did 'El Mariachi' for less than 7 thousand dollars, a movie that launche dhis very successful film career (not something I can say about Vahe Babian at this point in time...)
      "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

• After freedom.......is that the movie with Krikor Satamian and the cheesy "Once you cross the bridge, you never look back" line?

Comment

• My family saw that movie and could stop talking about how shytty it was. What a shame. One thing that bothers me about Armenians making movies in general is that they always feel they need to make a movie about Armenians. Just make a movie.

Comment

• Or if you're going to make a movie about Armenians......make a good one

Comment

• Saw Shrek 2, it was ok I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Dants
                Or if you're going to make a movie about Armenians......make a good one
                Sure there is that, as well. But I do not want to keep entertaining Armenians only. Anyone can watch Atom Egoyan's The Sweet Hereafter or Exotica and always apprectiate them as works of art.

Comment

• Originally posted by dusken
                  Sure there is that, as well. But I do not want to keep entertaining Armenians only. Anyone can watch Atom Egoyan's The Sweet Hereafter or Exotica and always apprectiate them as works of art.
                  Just because a movie is about Armenians doesn't mean others can't enjoy it. You certainly didn't have to be Greek to enjoy my Big Fat greek Wedding, nor did you have to be Indian to relate to the girl in Bend it like Beckham. The point is to tell a good story within a WELL-MADE FILM (Something The makers of After Freedom and Tune of Nostalgia didn't understand...)

It's ok, my theory is this: Armenians will make great movies once we learn how to make movies. I already have (yey) so hopefully I'll blow everything out of the water, this script I'm working on now kicks ass... pray for your tribesman.
                  "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

• I do not have a problem with people making movies about Armenians as long as it is not always their aim. Most of Egoyan's other films had some Armenian themes. However, I do not want us to develope the reputation of only ethnic themed films because it gets tiring. And, one should practice making films first before representing the Armenian community. Everytime an inexperienced twenty two year old Armenian kid gets a hold on a camera it becomes a movie about Armenians. It is irritating.

Oh, and my movies are better.

Comment

• It's ok, my theory is this: Armenians will make great movies once we learn how to make movies. I already have (yey) so hopefully I'll blow everything out of the water, this script I'm working on now kicks ass... pray for your tribesman.

Oh, PLease, do not think that you are the first person, or the only one to make "good" armenian films, armenians have many talanted film directors, and people working in the film industry!spoiled brat!

One of whom not many know about, a great film director of armenian heritage, sergei paradjanov.

Comment

Working...
                      X