Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Reviews & Ratings

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Monster: We get it Charlize Theron, you can be ugly and still be a good actress, but let's see if you can get an Oscar nod without looking like a "monster" or a coal-miner. Don't put your hopes on Aeon Flux, one of the most lambasted films of the year. This movie itself is decent, there's not too much they did wrong, but I don't think it's a sin to play an attractive female once in a while. Why is it that good-looking actors and actresses feel the need to uglify themselves in order to be taken seriously? In reality they're being quite selfish, because not only are they getting all the part for good-looking actors, they're also taking all the parts for ugly actors. I bet there are some really ugly, but good, actresses (like Christina Ricci) that are hating Charlize Theron right now. And I think their complaints are completely valid, because they can't play the pretty roles, and now they can't play the ugly roles either. It's like casting Michelle Pfeiffer as the lead role in Mean Girls instead of Lindsay Lohan. Is it really fair? I mean kids can't play adults, so should adults be allowed to play kids? Well, just turn on your television to any teen drama and tell me how many of the actors are actually teens. All I'm saying is that we need to spread the love. Otherwise this was an okay movie. 6/10

Comment

Flightplan: Where to begin? This movie is about some woman (Jodie Foster) who just can't seem to keep watch over her daughter. Her husband dies for some reason, and they're taking his body to America (they were in Germany, and don't ask why - I'm still not sure). Mrs. Foster just happens to pick the single largest plane on the face of this earth. It's like four stories high, and has like 400 bathrooms (she checks each one for her daughter). However, there are still only 10 flight attendants for the entire flight. Oh, by the way, look out for Erika Christensen, she serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever. She could have been replaced by a cheap, desperate actress; but then again I don't think she pulls in 20 million per picture either. Anyway, so there's this huge plane, which by the way Mrs. Foster knows inside-out, because she just happens to be some crazy plane engineer. Eventually she ends up losing her daughter while she's asleep and begins to panic when she can't find her. She has the entire crew look everywhere and ends up going crazy because they're not looking hard enough. Long story short the air marshal and one of the stewardesses were working together to hold the plane for ransom and pin it on Foster. If only they had known that Jodie was out of her mind. She starts tampering with the plane's power etc., and ends up scaring all of the passengers. Apparently the stewardess stuffed the daughter into a food cart and just rolled her away to the basement area without anyone noticing (now see, this would have never happened if the daughter was fat - there's one point for childhood obesity). Do not watch this turd of a film, watch the film it's trying to be (Alfred Hitchkock's The Lady Vanishes) instead. 2/10

Yes, there were spoilers in the review. But you shouldn't be seeing this film anyway. I did you a favor.

Comment

Army of Darkness, minus the cheesy graphic and action scenes, it was hilarious for some strange reason, and I couldn't stop either laffing or smiling at Bruce Campbell's words and acting. He was hilarious and made the movie. It's not much of a horror movie as the first in the series such as Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2. It's more of a comedy than anything, and in one scene at the end of the battle you can actually see Sam Raimi in it charging with the other knights. It's got alot of witty one liners and slapstick humor, but I like it. 7/10

EDIT: Plus if you're a lover of Bridget Fonda like I am, she makes a nice little cameo in this.
        Last edited by Anonymouse; 12-24-2005, 04:22 PM.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

• Blade Runner (1982) and the Director's Cut (1993)

This is an excellent film and I'm sure most of you already know that. I have seen both the original and the director's cut, and here is what I think of them:

The original Blade Runner has two very different characteristics from the director's cut. The biggest difference is narration. Harrison Ford narrates the entire film, for people too thick to follow the plot, I guess. Also, the ending is more happy and optimistic, rather than the ambiguous ending of the director's cut. The happy ending annoys me, and I can see why Ridley Scott wanted the director's cut out so badly. Not that I don't like happy endings, but the source book for this film (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?) has an uncertain ending. Needless to say, I like the director's cut more than the original.

Blade Runner: 4/5
          Blade Runner: 5/5 (Director's Cut)

Comment

• Re: Blade Runner (1982) and the Director's Cut (1993)

Originally posted by transience
            This is an excellent film and I'm sure most of you already know that. I have seen both the original and the director's cut, and here is what I think of them:

The original Blade Runner has two very different characteristics from the director's cut. The biggest difference is narration. Harrison Ford narrates the entire film, for people too thick to follow the plot, I guess. Also, the ending is more happy and optimistic, rather than the ambiguous ending of the director's cut. The happy ending annoys me, and I can see why Ridley Scott wanted the director's cut out so badly. Not that I don't like happy endings, but the source book for this film (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?) has an uncertain ending. Needless to say, I like the director's cut more than the original.

Blade Runner: 4/5
            Blade Runner: 5/5 (Director's Cut)

I haven't seen that movie since I was a kid. Thanks for making me remember. That will be on my Netflix Queue.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

• Re: Blade Runner (1982) and the Director's Cut (1993)

Originally posted by Anonymouse
              I haven't seen that movie since I was a kid. Thanks for making me remember. That will be on my Netflix Queue.
              You're welcome.

Comment

It's good to occasionally make another alias and post with it.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                  It's good to occasionally make another alias and post with it.
                  Yes it is.

Comment

King Kong (2005): Good, fun escapist entertainment. A smidge too long. 3/5

Comment

I just saw Kinsey I'd say an 8/10. Reminds me how times have changed....

Comment

Working...
                      X