Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Will REAL music ever find its way back into the mainstream?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will REAL music ever find its way back into the mainstream?

No. The criteria for commercial success will continue to be breast size & number of bullets lodged in one's body. Pop culture will only become increasingly disposable & big money will continue to be reserved for small talent (or no talent at all).
    81.82%
    I love Britney Spears and 50 Cent.
    18.18%

Half the crap on MTV and mainstream radio stations is simply crap. Pop culture sucks, so does most of the "rock" world. Nothing of substance. One singer/band, sounds exactly like the person before or the other. It blows and anyone who watches MTV needs to be shot.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

I don't see why it matters. I actually prefer not having the majority of what I listen to on the radio all day.

Comment

A band from a certain genre sounds very much alike as the other band from that same genre of music. Some bands are an exception but most sound the same. I hate the award shows where singers just come out with absolutely no talent and show off their butts on camera and receive recognition. Britney Spears would be an example. Isn't music supposed to be about great vocal skills and performances, and not how much skin the person can show, how degrading their music and how foul their language is? Sex sells, which means great business, but music itself sux big and it gets worse every year.
        I see...

Comment

Originally posted by Hogg
          I don't see why it matters. I actually prefer not having the majority of what I listen to on the radio all day.
          it matters because the members of your favorite bands & i (and countless other musicians around the world) are spending the way large majority of our lives completely dedicated to music, heart & soul, studying it in massive depth to the point that we pay attention to what pitch a squeaking door hinge makes, & Asdoudzo gamkov will graduate with a university degree in music, and chances are i'm gonna end up making way less money than most bus drivers & very often, many of us have no choice but to work ANOTHER bullxxxx job that we're really not interested in, just in order to make ends meet...

Comment

Originally posted by ardenik
            It will not. The good ol' days are gone. Nowadays everything is about commercial success and financial gains. Music for the sake of music is no longer the norm. Heck, it's not even the exception.

Ahhhh, good ol' singers and bands.... Engelbert Humperdink, Tom Jones, Dean Martin, Shirley Bassey, Paul Anka (Ohhh pleaaaaaaaaaase stand by meeeeeeee, Dianaaaaaaaaaaa )... oh, I miss them all... Too bad we have xxxxs for singers these days. Anyway... there are a few good ones - I liked the early 90s music as well, and then it went downhill from there, and I think it started with the Backstreet Boys. I don't know, but even when you compare the better ones from today's music to the old ones, they sound too cheap!!

I think Elton John is the cross between old music and new music. I love his songs. I listen to very little mainstream music these days. Mostly alternative.

Comment

Systemmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                Half the crap on MTV and mainstream radio stations is simply crap. Pop culture sucks, so does most of the "rock" world. Nothing of substance. One singer/band, sounds exactly like the person before or the other. It blows and anyone who watches MTV needs to be shot.

You wanna shoot me?

Comment

I believe that art is dying. That it is increasingly important that music cater to simple-minded, uncreative, young, naive people who have no actual passion or appreciation for creative expression.

Comment

Who the hell voted for "I love Britney Spears and 50 Cent" ????

Comment

Working...
                    X