Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

True hip hop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hogg
    Shut up. As tempting as it is, I'm not going to get into another debate on someone's ignorance when it comes to hip-hop and you have shown it in your post, especially when you separate hip-hop and rap like they're not the same thing.

Crooked I left Tha Row finally. He just needs to find good production now. Dude's sick as hell. One of the few rappers I listen to any song they're featured on just for their verse.
    Yea. He finally left Deathrow. I wished he stayed, because it would've obviously put Deathrow back on the map big time. He's freakin amazing. I hope he gets a good production team around him for when he does release his official record on Universal records though. He's definetly going to blow all the bullsh*t hiphop, thats being played nowadays, away.

As far as the hiphop is garbage comment. Sorry you feel that way hyebruin. But there is alot of talent in rap and hiphop that actually do deserve the credit when credit is due. You might not consider it talent, but consider this. Will you be able to drop a freestyle off the top of your head for about 2min as the video I provided indicates? I don't think so, because not too many peole can do that.

And on another note, just because I listen to hiphop, I don't go around acting like a thug or a pimp or advocating violence everywhere I go. I'm a down 2 earth guy who just enjoys the music.

I wasn't always into hiphop, so don't get the wrong impression. But it really does take an "open minded" person to be able to listen to different types of artists, in a certain genre, long enough to determine if it is in their taste or not.

If you have done so, and it's really not your taste...
    then it's your opinion and it's cool.

All I'm saying is in the context of "Don't judge a book by it's cover" for whatever music you come across. Because like I said before, different artists have different views in the same music genre they are in.

Comment

Originally posted by hyebruin
      haha!! okkkkk YOU are the ignorant one...maybe if you could READ and COMPREHEND you'd see that i didn't "separate" them... they're both practically the same shiiiit!!! and that says a lot about the audience who listens to that kind of garbage...wannabe ghetto...
      Well, if they're the same thing and you say both, you're being redundant. Good job, you have replaced Dan for the forum idiot. "Wannabe ghetto"?

Comment

... Good job, you have replaced Dan for the forum idiot.
        Ok I don't care about this argument but that was just too low. Appologize to the lady
        this post = teh win.

Comment

We all know Dan is irreplaceable!!! What ever happend to Danny boy???

Comment

Well, if they're the same thing and you say both, you're being redundant. Good job, you have replaced Dan for the forum idiot. "Wannabe ghetto"?
            haha what does the laziest pig alive know about what it takes to qualify to be an idiot? being lazy seems to be a good way to start to earn that title!! haven't mastered the fine art of talking to women yet have you??

and stud...obviously not all who listen to hip hop fall into that catergory, but i still believe that the majority do, and if you don't well then i'm happy for you and it's great that you can appreciate that kind of music; it's just ...come on! look at the record label "deathrow"... i mean what does that say? sounds like ghetto, no education, get into crime, get into gangs, shoot someone, become a jailbird, and even be on "deathrow"... now don't say i'm not being "open minded" or whatever...but seriously, why not pick a less ominous name!!!---maybe i'm not gettin it, i don't know...the only rap song i ever liked was 'bust a move' by young mc that was it for me

Comment

You know what song is cool. Westside Connection, "So many Rappers in love". I thought it was hillarious the first month or so I heard it, still do time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by hyebruin
                haha what does the laziest pig alive know about what it takes to qualify to be an idiot? being lazy seems to be a good way to start to earn that title!! haven't mastered the fine art of talking to women yet have you??
                That was hilarious!!!

I didn't know talking to women = kissing their ass no matter how stupid the things they say are.

Comment

Originally posted by Seapahn
                  As opposed to the pop crap produced by the amazing Spearses and the Aguileras or as opposed to the Rock-n-Roll of the 60's or the disco of the 70's, or the 99 luftbaloons of the 80's?

Since when has most "pop" music or art in general had much to contribute to the human civilization other than to instill a certain emotional response (whether "like" or "dislike") ?

Who ever said ANYTHING about Spears or Aguilera? And who ever said "pop" music was meant to have a positive message? Or disco or whatever else kind of music?

I believe any music that has not even an ounce of a positive message and has more negativity and hopeless messages is worthless. I've always believed artists should be a little more sensitive to this and be a little more giving to our civilization.

RAP AND HIP HOP which is 100% the same thing didn't start off in the 70's talking about riding girls and having naked girls being humiliated in music videos rappers slapping their butts and so on.

Comment

Hey Bruin, would you still dislike rap if you heard Tata rapping "karapner, badikner, tsaghikner berem, sirun jan, qo tchampehn sunkov zartarem"?

Comment

Originally posted by nairi
                      Hey Bruin, would you still dislike rap if you heard Tata rapping "karapner, badikner, tsaghikner berem, sirun jan, qo tchampehn sunkov zartarem"?
                      heyyyyy nairi wus up? good one!!! haha...tata-ee tsaveh tanem yessss!!! che che che!!! himigvah style@ shad laav aah! yete mi ban poxi yes esbes g'darnam --->

Comment

Working...
                      X