Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

True hip hop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha. I gotta say, responses like "If you don't think blah blah blah is blah blah, then you deserve to be shot" crack me up. Let the people have their opinion will ya?......with out any violent threats. hehe.
    As for hip hop being the same as rap, I always thought of hip hop as R&B with rap.
    I see...

Comment

Originally posted by SagGal
      haha. I gotta say, responses like "If you don't think blah blah blah is blah blah, then you deserve to be shot" crack me up. Let the people have their opinion will ya?......with out any violent threats. hehe.
      As for hip hop being the same as rap, I always thought of hip hop as R&B with rap.
      If you think everyone should have their own opinion, you deserve to be shot.

Comment

2 pac was a llama and so are people that liked his crap.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogg
          People saying rap and hip-hop aren't the same are asking to be shot. I haven't listened to it but from what I've read, Method Man's new album isn't "real hip-hop". I'm sure he has a lot of commercial crap on it.
          Obviously some of the tracks have to be commercialized to appeal to the "Hip-POP" listeners and b*llxxxx "southern crunk" fanatics, otherwise his CD won't sell that well.

But Method is a true mc along with Busta, and that one track off his CD with Busta Rymes (Whats Happening) is somewhere along the lines of his previous Tical albums. It's just straight out raw with the lyrics and beat. That's why I consider that one track true hip hop.

Here's another video I consider true Hip hop.

Enjoy: Notorious B.I.G.

Comment

Originally posted by hyebruin
            that's true ONLY if you think about the artists themselves...however their audience is mostly the young ghetto kids who are less than fortunate and can only dream of such wealth and luxury..sad really...so for them when they sing TO IT, they are just dreaming away...and besides where did these now filthy rich aritsts come from? the same ghetto that looks up to their music, for the most part... if they were to grow up rich they would have never sang about money in the first place
            Everyone dreams of the Horatio Alger story... We all think that if we work hard that we'll be reward equally. Unfortunately not so.
            [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
            -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Dants
              If you think everyone should have their own opinion, you deserve to be shot.
              hehehe. Keep those laughs comin'.
              Don't worry, I'm not putting you on the spot again. Or at least I don't think so.
              I see...

Comment

Here's one of my all time favorite music videos I consider true hip-hop.

I'm sure most of you remember this from back in tha day. This is when hip-hop was good hip-hop.

Enjoy: 2pac and Snoop
                Last edited by Guest; 05-31-2004, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Here's another one of my favorite true hip-hop songs.

Enjoy: Nas and Lauryn Hill

Comment

True hip hop isnt gone, it more alive then ever cuz now you got the internet. I can probably list a lot of underground "internet"(soundclick, etc..) MC's that got better lyrics and delivery then some or most mainstream artists...

and tupac is overrated...just cuz he died like a gangsta doesn't mean his music was legit, as far as lyrics go. I heard he was even a back up dancer for a while. He gets all his hype from death. I bet if he was alive he would be as sold out as most commerial rappers you see from the 90's, like snoop dogg.

Outcast, houston, chingy, lil jon, etc... are gettin on my nerves now. South/krunk music is just so far from hip hop, I don't even know if it should be catagorized under hip hop...maybe more like techno/r&b or somethin like that.

Some artist that keep hip hop alive today...

Immortal Techique ( Revolutionary Vol.2-Best album of 2003 IMO)
                    Masta Ace ( A long hot summer , Most underrated album this year)
                    Nas- consistent rapper
                    Canibus-good lyrics
                    Shyne-remindes me of biggie
                    The game- I listned to his Live from compton mixtape, guy seems hungry
                    The Team- Bay area hip hop to the full
                    Rass kass
                    Rakim
                    Talib Kweli
                    Joe budden- broderline mainstream
                    Mf doom- dont know too much about him, just a few tracks (vaudville villain album)
                    Sly boogie- again don't know too much about him other then a few tracks
                    mos def
                    the roots-....their OK
                    gangstarr
                    Busta rhymes/flipmode squad- has some decent tracks/beats
                    mad skillz
                    styles p
                    brother ali
                    Last edited by MadHandle; 10-12-2004, 11:45 AM.

Comment

I'd add Bone to that list, except that they've always been sorta the Gratfeul Dead of hip hop... they have die hard fans that would follow them anywhere, but never had the mainstream sucess of the Rolling Stones, ya know?
                      "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

Working...
                      X