Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Who are ur favorite (& least favorite) Armenian singers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grisha Aghakhanyan-10 for being so innovative and hilarious with his lyrics an

Nune- 8 She has a good voice and great song material

Harout Pamboukjian- 10 Even just for Ara Vay Vay he would get this but overall a great singer

Tata Simonian- 6 That hat and the head waving are just way too annoying. And what was up with that song after he broke his arm? was that hilarious or what

Aram Asatrian- 7 Classic kerats khmats, lots of songs. Hayer is great so are many more which i cant really remember now

Alla Levonyan- 8 Keep up the good work

Serj Tankian- 8 I love System

Charles Aznavour- 10 What can i say about him except that he is one of the best singers in the world

Andy Madadian- 6 Decent singer but annoys the hell out of me

Comment

Bah, Charles Aznavour and System of a Down aren't really Armenian singers, are they? Well yea, they are Armenian, but don't fall in the "Armenian music" category. Well, by my standards, Paul and all also don't fall in there, but that's different .

It's like saying William Saroyan's work is part of Armenian litterature, which would be untrue.

Comment

Originally posted by hyebruin
        another one i like is Ararat; some of his songs are just soo niiiice NiCEE!! ~~didn't he go to glendale high? i think he did! and of course armenchik is a hoover grad ... i think we've got the bases covered for both schools ...oh yeah and that other guy...Alan...ooooo now he is realllllly talented...the one that plays the violin!
        I actually saw allen when I went to an armenian wedding last weekend. He could play his ass off on the violin pretty good. I talked to him when he got a chance to get a break. He's actually a very cool dude and educated as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Genuine_Stud
          I actually saw allen when I went to an armenian wedding last weekend. He could play his ass off on the violin pretty good. I talked to him when he got a chance to get a break. He's actually a very cool dude and educated as well.
          nice! ~~i saw him from afar at a restaurant a couple of years ago...and thought to myself "ah there's that talented guy"...next thing i knew he kept looking my way ~~ so naturally i looked away dang! who knew if i hadn't he might have come over and would have plucked his strings for me later on ...ehh, life....

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Dants
            Bah, Charles Aznavour and System of a Down aren't really Armenian singers, are they? Well yea, they are Armenian, but don't fall in the "Armenian music" category. Well, by my standards, Paul and all also don't fall in there, but that's different .

It's like saying William Saroyan's work is part of Armenian litterature, which would be untrue.
            why arent they armenian singers I think charles aznavour defenetly quilifies as an armenian singer, though most of his songs are sung in french .he has a few songs in armenian ...

If we go on like that...id like to say non of the singers that most of you have posted here goes under the category for armenian, for me anywway.

Paul, Harout... good music? i dont think so? Arabic music sounds more armenian sometimes than harouts attemts of singing armenian.
            Last edited by Tres Bien; 05-28-2004, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tres Bien
              why arent they armenian singers I think charles aznavour defenetly quilifies as an armenian singer, though most of his songs are sung in french .he has a few songs in armenian ...

If we go on like that...id like to say non of the singers that most of you have posted here goes under the category for armenian, for me anywway.

Paul, Harout... good music? i dont think so? Arabic music sounds more armenian sometimes than harouts attemts of singing armenian.
              aww cmonn!! paul & harout are the kings of armenian pop music!

Comment

Originally posted by hyebruin
                ...oh yeah and that other guy...Alan...ooooo now he is realllllly talented...the one that plays the violin!
                yea i met allan. we flew down to LA to play a wedding with my band a few weeks ago & that guy allan was playing during the c0cktail. he is indeed a very powerful violinist. & a really nice guy too

Comment

Harout Pamboukjian- Ara Vay Vay

harout did not write that song, did he? Ive heard an older version of that song by another artist (a better one=) who wrote it?!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tres Bien
                    Harout Pamboukjian- Ara Vay Vay

harout did not write that song, did he? Ive heard an older version of that song by another artist (a better one=) who wrote it?!!
                    its an old armenian standard. in the case of a lot of those tunes, one cant say who wrote them.
                    besides, harout doesnt write very many of his tunes at all. neither does the very large majority of armenian singers.

Comment

That is precisely true. A lot of Armenian singers are not really "armenian" singers, they're just left-over untalented cretins and God knows who only spawned them, thus why they play and really root for others' music and that other middle eastern garbage they play.

Comment

Working...
                      X