Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Who are ur favorite (& least favorite) Armenian singers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nimrod
    That is precisely true. A lot of Armenian singers are not really "armenian" singers, they're just left-over untalented cretins and God knows who only spawned them, thus why they play and really root for others' music and that other middle eastern garbage they play.
    anybody who says harout pamboukjian or paul baghdadlian is untalented deserves eighty seven thousand kicks in the head

Comment

Paul Baghdadlian is the most untalented idiot I have ever seen....right up there with Robert Chilingirian, Joseph Krikorian, Artash Asatryan, Tatoul Avoyan, and the list goes on...

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Dants
        Paul Baghdadlian is the most untalented idiot I have ever seen....right up there with Robert Chilingirian, Joseph Krikorian, Artash Asatryan, Tatoul Avoyan, and the list goes on...
        paul: an idiot he may be... (or "an idiot he definitely is" would be closer to the truth... lol) but to call him untalented is a highly blatant display of ignorance. in every other way possible, he is a total jerk, but he makes up for it with his singing. he sings with an underlying attitude that ive yet to find in any other singer, armenian or not.

robert: if you are referring to his singing, saying he sucks is merely an understatement. but his guitar playing on old recordings from the 80s are great. i mean, he's not an earth-shattering musician, but to call him untalented is really not being fair at all.

joseph: flush him
        artash: go hide in ur daddy's belly button. if u werent half as fat as him, maybe u would fit.
        tatoul: stop whining & crying & maybe somebody will listen to u....... but probably not. lol

Comment

Joseph is a woman trapped in a little boy's body and he needs to get needles stuck into his neck for being the GAYEST/WORST Armenian singer inthe world!

Comment

Originally posted by ardenik
            paul: an idiot he may be... (or "an idiot he definitely is" would be closer to the truth... lol) but to call him untalented is a highly blatant display of ignorance. in every other way possible, he is a total jerk, but he makes up for it with his singing. he sings with an underlying attitude that ive yet to find in any other singer, armenian or not.
            YAY! Finally, someone else that knows! I was pretty suprised when I heard some of his newer stuff (well, anything '90 & up to me), and how badly he went downhill. I was on a Paul downloading frenzy a little while back. All the old songs I grew up with. I mean, the guy could hit some RIDICULOUS notes, and HOLD them there to boot. I love turning the stereo up on songs like "Tou Anmegh Es" or "Mayrig Jan", and letting the power of his voice tear the speakers apart. You can say what you want about him as a person, but to deny he had incredible talent and some ground-breaking sounds (atleast from a traditional Armenian music standpoint) is just ludicrous.

I've also downloaded a BUNCH of newer Armenian..."musicians" (many from the initial list here)....and then quickly deleted them. Regurgitated, tired garbage with voices that sound more like dying cows then singers. Why are Armos so tradition bound instead of pushing the artistic envelope?

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Glow
              YAY! Finally, someone else that knows! I was pretty suprised when I heard some of his newer stuff (well, anything '90 & up to me), and how badly he went downhill. I was on a Paul downloading frenzy a little while back. All the old songs I grew up with. I mean, the guy could hit some RIDICULOUS notes, and HOLD them there to boot. I love turning the stereo up on songs like "Tou Anmegh Es" or "Mayrig Jan", and letting the power of his voice tear the speakers apart. You can say what you want about him as a person, but to deny he had incredible talent and some ground-breaking sounds (atleast from a traditional Armenian music standpoint) is just ludicrous.

I've also downloaded a BUNCH of newer Armenian..."musicians" (many from the initial list here)....and then quickly deleted them. Regurgitated, tired garbage with voices that sound more like dying cows then singers. Why are Armos so tradition bound instead of pushing the artistic envelope?
              Because some of them don't know how to push the artistic envelope without swaying away from tradition.

But you know what, tradition ain't that bad either. The more you sway away from tradition, the more you go into the rabiz stuff and other things. Not to say that that's bad, but I guess we really need singers that people can go crazy over without them being over their 30's or 40's, who are unattractive, and can still maintain the true Armenian music people can enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Glow
                I love turning the stereo up on songs like "Tou Anmegh Es" or "Mayrig Jan", and letting the power of his voice tear the speakers apart.
                thats not only the power of his voice tearing up ur speaker, its also the horrible mixing job done on practically all old paul albums.. loll oversaturated with high & especially high-mid frequencies. ideal for making his high-pitched voice sound as blaring as possible! hehe

"Tou Anmegh Es" is SO freakin beautiful......

Comment

I just saw Gor Mkhitarian perform and heard his music for the first time. All I have to say is……..Tsssssssss!!!! He was singing solo with his acoustic guitar, it was so captivating. I know that Baron listens to him. I was so surprised, he had that Rouben Hakhverdian essence which I have been searching for so long in the Armenian music world. He plays the string and sings with such passion that it becomes contagious. I love his lyrics as well, very poetic, romantic and nostalgic at the same time.

There is only one issue I have. I instantly purchased his CD and of course and asked him to autograph it for me, and it was very refreshing to find out that he is such a pleasant guy, very polite, humble and funny. However, when I popped in the CD I noticed the banjo almost in every single track. Now don’t get me wrong I can appreciate every instrument but in this case and in that style of music it just doesn’t blend, especially when you hear him live and without all of the musical enhancements, just him and his guitar. I feel like his CD is too embellished and takes away from the lyrics and the nostalgia you experience listening to the fusion of his deep voice and the strings of his crying guitar.

Is it the same in his first album? If I would have listened to his CD before that performance I would have certainly mentioned to him how much better he sounds. Does anyone feel the same about the banjo element? I feel like it spoils the album.

I think he is going to CA next, so if any of you have a chance to see him make an effort, you won’t be disappointed. That is if you like ballads, poetic lyrics and enjoy the sound of the guitar. It’s nice to see something emerging outside of the dominating rabiz and kef culture.

Comment

Most Annoying Armenian singer EVER- that guy who sings all those Turkish songs- the one that sounds like a girl and whiness...I can't remember his name.....

help me out..somebody.......

Comment

Aram Asatryan is basically the only one I know... I gotta admit, he's really catchy.

Also, which singer does that song where it starts off like Livin' La Vita Loca, but instead of "Woke up in New York city" it goes "Welcome, to Glendale city"? I laughed so hard the first time I heard that.
                      Last edited by HyeJinx1984; 07-14-2004, 09:59 PM.
                      "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

Working...
                      X