Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Is rap a bad influence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is rap a bad influence?

I got this idea from the hip hop thread. So...

Those R&B, rap, hip hop videos make me laugh sometimes because the rappers are wearing chains, rings and watches that they borrow and people who listen to them think they're all powerful and rich. etc. Almost all the rappers have half-naked women in their videos drinking or holding alcohol. Do you think it's degrading? Basically I'm asking, what's your take on it? Do you think rappers have a bad influence on today's teens?
    Last edited by Emil; 05-30-2004, 08:57 PM.
    I see...

Originally posted by SagGal
    I got this idea from the hip hop thread. So...

Those R&B, rap, hip hop videos make me laugh sometimes because the rappers are wearing chains, rings and watches that they borrow and people who listen to them think they're all powerful and rich. etc. Almost all the rappers have half-naked women in their videos drinking or holding alcohol. Do you think it's degrading? Basically I'm asking, what's your take on it? Do you think rappers have a bad influence on today's teens?
    That all depends on how the individual takes the music. People who don't know any better and do not have a good moral support from there families, listen to rap and get influenced so much that it leads them into the wrong direction. When in reality, all those videos you see are all fake. The cars are borrowed, the sets are rented out, the women are bought, the drinks are ordered and all of that is just for the video. Those rappers do not even lead that type of a lifestyle and people who listen to rap that don't know how to think for themselves take it in the wrong way and start acting like them.

Then there are those individuals, such as myself, who takes hiphop just for the music it is and enjoys it. I know that everything thats portrayed in all those music videos are fake, because I've worked on some of them. I know how this industry is because I've been in it and behind the scenes of it all.

Bottom line is this. Take the music just as music, because thats all what it is..... pure entertainment. People who lead the same lives as the hip hop artists are just fooling themselves, unless they really are in that type of situation.

That's my take on this whole hiphop / rap thing.

Comment

ALL media has bad influence. People are so weak and meager and need the media to tell them how to live. And those that go against the grain are crucified. But rap/hip-hop takes the cake. I mean, most main stream music sucks, regardless of genre, but I can't see anything positive at all with rap. Name me one song with half way decent lyrics (you know, one that actually has a point to it), or a piece that required some talent to write/play.

Comment

Here's one (Natural Born Killaz by Dr. Dre and Ice Cube):

Journey with me
        Into the mind of a maniac
        Doomed to be a killer
        Since I came out the nutsac
        I'm in a murderous mindstate
        With a heart full of terror
        I see the devil in the mirror
        BUCK BUCK, Lights out
        Cause when I get my sawed off
        Niggaz get hauled off [Ice Cube:] haha barrel one
        Touches your motherxxxxin flesh [Ice Cube:] barrel two
        Shoots your xxxxin heart out your chest
        You see I'm quick to let the hammer go click
        On my Tec-9 so if you try to reck mine
        Fool it's your bad time
        Feel the blast of the chocolate bomber
        Infra red aimed at your head
        Like your name was Sarah Conner
        Decapitatin I ain't hesitatin
        To put you in the funderal home
        With a bullet in your dome
        I'm hot like lava
        You got a problem?
        I got a problem solver
        And his name is revolver
        It's like a deadly game of freeze tag
        I touch you with a 44 mag
        And your frozen inside a boddy bag
        Nobody iller
        Than this graveyard filler
        Cap peeler
        Cause I'm a Natural Born Killa

Terror illistrates my era
        Now I cant hang around my momma
        Cause I scare her
        I'm quick to blast motherxxxxer
        [Dr. Dre:] yeah what's up
        It feels like I'm bustin a nut
        When I open you up
        Cause your body is exposed to the midnight mist
        All you weak motherxxxxers give my ring a kiss
        Cause I'm givin dirt naps
        Comin with them bomb ass raps
        To make your lungs collapse
        Perhaps, you never sleep
        Cause evertime you doze
        You catch blows to the motherxxxxin nose
        Ain't seen the sun, in 66 days
        Let me count the ways in a xxxxed up maze
        I never ever ever made a hoe stay
        But I'm down with Dre
        Like AC is down with OJ
        So xxxx how your livin
        I'm the unforgivin
        Psycho drivin
        Murdera
        It's authentic
        Don't panic
        I can't stand it
        God Damn it
        Scizophrenic
        So xxxx Charlie Manson
        I'll snatch him out of his truck
        Hit 'em with a brick
        And I'm dancin

Mass Murderer, Natural Born Killla,
        And I don't wanna die
        I DON'T WANNA DIE
        I DON'T WANNA
        I DON'T WANNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA DIE!

I dont understand the logic in my dreams
        But I understand I like the sound of Sireens
        Terrified screams from the streams
        Of Strycnine
        Dumpin on any motherxxxxer tryin to trick mine
        Cause motherxxxxers wanna violate
        Now they stiff and cold
        And they pupils won't dialate
        IT'S SO MUCH PAIN
        MIGRAINE
        Headache
        I can hear his bones break
        He steps in the single door
        Gets his ass whipped with 20 lashes
        Like that dude up in Singapore
        So I'm a pull a xxxxin Jeffrey Dahmer
        Now I'm suicidal, just like Nirvana

Tic Toc
        Toc Tic Toc Tic
        Dr. Dre and Ice Cube on some murderous xxxx
        Keepin niggaz in order
        Makin there live shorter
        Ready to slaughter
        Cause to me a life ain't worth a quarter
        Or a dime
        Mushroom's got my mind
        Hallicinatin
        Ain't no debatin
        I'm creatin an escape
        Route to be out without a doubt
        Scot Free, so don't even think about tryin to stop me
        Cause I can't wait
        I'm out the gate
        On the for realla
        A thrilla
        Or a Natural Born Killa

Gi-Gi Gi-Gi Ga-Ga
        They call me Da-Da
        6 million ways to murder
        choose one
        Lose one soul
        Bodies turn cold
        Natural fright from niggaz goin bump in the night

Should I peely
        Should I kill her in my iller
        Then a Natural Born Killa

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Glow
          I mean, most main stream music sucks, regardless of genre, but I can't see anything positive at all with rap.
          That summed it up and if you folks can't understand that I hope you die by having an anvil fall on your head during a bowel movement.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

mouse's use of words is simply superb 'anvil'---last time i read that was in a dictionary.... you keep me on my toes

Comment

Name me one song with half way decent lyrics (you know, one that actually has a point to it), or a piece that required some talent to write/play.
              2pac - Keep Ya Head Up

That song actually has a point.

Comment

ALL media has bad influence. People are so weak and meager and need the media to tell them how to live. And those that go against the grain are crucified. But rap/hip-hop takes the cake. I mean, most main stream music sucks, regardless of genre, but I can't see anything positive at all with rap. Name me one song with half way decent lyrics (you know, one that actually has a point to it), or a piece that required some talent to write/play.
                I drink a boost for breakfast and ensure for dizzard. Somebody order pancakes, I just sip the sizzard.

Comon now, how can that not speak to you.

Comment

Is rap a bad influence? Yes. Phuck rap and everyone that listens to it.

Comment

Originally posted by dusken
                    Is rap a bad influence? Yes. Phuck rap and everyone that listens to it.
                    and looking at your fragmented/disturbed posts and personlity(ies) i'd say you listen to marilyn manson all day!

Comment

Working...
                    X