Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Hip Hop...top 5 right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way, unless you've ever been in a gunfight or almost killed, none of you are ever allowed to watch an action movie again.
    "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

Originally posted by HyeJinx1984
      By the way, unless you've ever been in a gunfight or almost killed, none of you are ever allowed to watch an action movie again.
      Yes, Hyejinx, violence on television promotes violence. There are studies that have proven that violent shows and video games promote violence, so, you are wrong regardless of what mediam you use because as long as long as the media promotes negative message it is not healthy.

Rap music is very a detremental to youth, especially, the Armenian youth. It promotes nothing postive and in fact imposes a "slave" mentality on our youth to blame the world for their problems. Please do not say that "well, Armenians are immigrants" because I know many European immigrants that came here with nothing and now have everything. In fact one of them is the governor of California.

You have a shot at being succesful no matter what your envirnment is like and the this idea that the envirnment is against you is a "slave" mentality. Armenians have never been slaves and or oppressed. This idea that "cops" are out to get you and all that garbage is just stupid.

Must of our youth spends more time working towards buying "benzos" and "beemers" instead of getting a good education. In fact most of them feel that having "rims" and living a "ghetto fabulous" life is the way to go, when instead, the only thing this produces is stagnation for Armenia and the Armenian community.

Hyejinx, quit trying to defend rap. In terms of music it is garbage and in no way is it "up lifting" because all it does it makes you feel more depressed and angry.

Comment

Bill Cosby is a intellegent man and finally has said what non-blacks have said all along. Let us hope this does not happen to Armenians.

Bill Cosby has more harsh words for black community
        Friday, July 2, 2004 Posted: 2:41 PM EDT (1841 GMT)

Bill Cosby, with Jesse Jackson, right, blasts critics who complained when he upbraided low income blacks.

CHICAGO, Illinois (AP) -- Bill Cosby went off on another tirade against the black community Thursday, telling a room full of activists that black children are running around not knowing how to read or write and "going nowhere."

He also had harsh words for struggling black men, telling them: "Stop beating up your women because you can't find a job."

Cosby made headlines in May when he upbraided some poor blacks for their grammar and accused them of squandering opportunities the civil rights movement gave them.

He shot back Thursday, saying his detractors were trying in vain to hide the black community's "dirty laundry."

"Let me tell you something, your dirty laundry gets out of school at 2:30 every day, it's cursing and calling each other n------ as they're walking up and down the street," Cosby said during an appearance at the Rainbow/PUSH Coalition & Citizenship Education Fund's annual conference.

"They think they're hip," the entertainer said. "They can't read; they can't write. They're laughing and giggling, and they're going nowhere."

In his remarks in May at a commemoration of the anniversary of the Brown v. Board of Education desegregation decision, Cosby denounced some blacks' grammar and said those who commit crimes and wind up behind bars "are not political prisoners."

"I can't even talk the way these people talk, 'Why you ain't,' 'Where you is' ... and I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk," Cosby said then. "And then I heard the father talk ... Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth."

Cosby elaborated Thursday on his previous comments in a talk interrupted several times by applause. He castigated some blacks, saying that they cannot simply blame whites for problems such as teen pregnancy and high school dropout rates.

"For me there is a time ... when we have to turn the mirror around," he said. "Because for me it is almost analgesic to talk about what the white man is doing against us. And it keeps a person frozen in their seat, it keeps you frozen in your hole you're sitting in."

Cosby lamented that the racial slurs once used by those who lynched blacks are now a favorite expression of black children. And he blamed parents.

"When you put on a record and that record is yelling 'n----- this and n----- that' and you've got your little 6-year-old, 7-year-old sitting in the back seat of the car, those children hear that," he said.

He also condemned black men who missed out on opportunities and are now angry about their lives.

"You've got to stop beating up your women because you can't find a job, because you didn't want to get an education and now you're (earning) minimum wage," Cosby said. "You should have thought more of yourself when you were in high school, when you had an opportunity."

Cosby appeared Thursday with the Rev. Jesse Jackson, founder and president of the education fund, who defended the entertainer's statements.

"Bill is saying let's fight the right fight, let's level the playing field," Jackson said. "Drunk people can't do that. Illiterate people can't do that."

Cosby also said many young people are failing to honor the sacrifices made by those who struggled and died during the civil rights movement.

"Dogs, water hoses that tear the bark off trees, Emmett Till," he said, naming the black youth who was tortured and murdered in Mississippi in 1955, allegedly for whistling at a white woman. "And you're going to tell me you're going to drop out of school? You're going to tell me you're going to steal from a store?"

Cosby also said he wasn't concerned that some whites took his comments and turned them "against our people."

"Let them talk," he said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright 2004 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil
          Yes, Hyejinx, violence on television promotes violence. There are studies that have proven that violent shows and video games promote violence, so, you are wrong regardless of what mediam you use because as long as long as the media promotes negative message it is not healthy.

Rap music is very a detremental to youth, especially, the Armenian youth. It promotes nothing postive and in fact imposes a "slave" mentality on our youth to blame the world for their problems. Please do not say that "well, Armenians are immigrants" because I know many European immigrants that came here with nothing and now have everything. In fact one of them is the governor of California.

You have a shot at being succesful no matter what your envirnment is like and the this idea that the envirnment is against you is a "slave" mentality. Armenians have never been slaves and or oppressed. This idea that "cops" are out to get you and all that garbage is just stupid.

Must of our youth spends more time working towards buying "benzos" and "beemers" instead of getting a good education. In fact most of them feel that having "rims" and living a "ghetto fabulous" life is the way to go, when instead, the only thing this produces is stagnation for Armenia and the Armenian community.

Hyejinx, quit trying to defend rap. In terms of music it is garbage and in no way is it "up lifting" because all it does it makes you feel more depressed and angry.
          OK Mr. Goodie Too Shoo. You might want to quit going on a rant about how hip hop is degrading our youth in a thread that wants you to list your top 5 hip hop artist.

Ohh wait.. you listed yours. So let me guess, you call women B*tches and Ho*s and you're a wannabe black armo thug. Wow... why are you promoting this "slave" type of environment? You said you don't like rap, yet you list the ones you like. Ooooh... you're degrading women now because you listened to those artists! So are you living the "ghetto fabulous" life because you listened to KRS-ONE or 2pac? Oohh... are you thuggin it now? Wow, you're really uneducated because you listened to rap. Watch out world, we got a thug here!

El hereeke. Spanesteer ays threada.

FYI, not only do I listen to rap... but I also listen to classical music, Armenian music, Trance, Alternative Rock, Greek, Russian, Arabic, Turkish, a little bit of pop, and New Age.

Furthermore, you stated your opinion and that's fine... thank you. Now move onto another thread or something.

AGAIN , for everyone else....who are your top 5 hip hop artists?
          Last edited by Guest; 08-11-2004, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Anyway...

Joe budden right now is probably the most slept on and I've been hearin nothing but good things about this mc called Immortal Techinque.

Matter fact just check this site out, its like an online mixtape. http://www.hiphopgame.com/mainpage.php3 or http://www.hiphopgame.com/index2.php3?page=tracks

and I don't know what to say about sly boogie other then i shoulda known about him earlier. I think this is his latest video...http://www.blastro.com/player/slyboo...tml&artist=new
            Last edited by MadHandle; 08-16-2004, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Wow...Immortal technique is no joke. Probably the most underrated, most over looked, most slep on MC right now. Guy got lyrics, his unlike your average rapper. I'd say his the second version of Canibus.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHandle
                Anyway...

Joe budden right now is probably the most slept on and I've been hearin nothing but good things about this mc called Immortal Techinque.

Matter fact just check this site out, its like an online mixtape. http://www.hiphopgame.com/mainpage.php3 or http://www.hiphopgame.com/index2.php3?page=tracks

and I don't know what to say about sly boogie other then i shoulda known about him earlier. I think this is his latest video...http://www.blastro.com/player/slyboo...tml&artist=new
                Yea... Sly Boogie is the shiznet. He's right up there with Rass Kass. He's very talented, yet so underated. That's why he's in my list.

Comment

Shiznet..... Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Stark Evade
                    Shiznet..... Oh well.
                    Would you have rather prefered sh!t ?

Comment

Originally posted by Genuine_Stud
                      Yea... Sly Boogie is the shiznet. He's right up there with Rass Kass. He's very talented, yet so underated. That's why he's in my list.
                      Scratch that list man...I'm telling you, you need Immortal technique on that list or add him up on there. His one of those Mcs that gets into politics and all that. Listn to the track called The 4th Branch for a sample, he gets into some politics right there. I just like his style and the way he expresses thoughts.

I'll switch this up a bit....Top 3 songs to avoid

1. Lean Back- Fat Joe
                      2. Anything from Chingy
                      3. Same for nelly

mobb deep and the beastie boys are starting to annoy me now. They get an honorable mention.

even french rap is better then the above list...really. I lisnt to french rap, only problem I don't know what the xxxx their saying.

Comment

Working...
                      X