Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Hip Hop...top 5 right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love how people defend rap.

"Noo, you have to stop listening to mainstream commercial rap/hip hop. I am unique and I have taste and I stand out because I listen to the underground stuff".
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Well, you can't decide what rap is and isn't for other people, but in my opinion rap was conceived as the music that would give voice to those who weren't being heard. At the time it was the blacks but I really don't think it's black-exclusive... in fact, I'd say blacks have out used rap's usefullness and are now just abusing the ability to use it to get their story out there. For that matter I'm glad to see latin rappers starting to get a little more attention, and even Filipinos such as Apl.de.Ap of the black eyed peas. I thinka nyone should be allowed to rap if the story tell, but they should be rapping as themsevles, not trying to be black. Trying to be black when you're not is ridiculous. But rap is is just a medium.. by that logic Comics should only be for kids just as Rap should only be for blacks.
      "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil
        I am not going to comment and or derail the thread after this reply, cheers.

In short, you are already caught up in pop-culture because Hip-Hop and rap are very "popish" nowadays. Anyways, I will say that that genre started out fresh, but ended up being another hand job of corporate America. Nowadays, you have to be shot 10 times to be a "rap star".

However, do not try to hide the effects of rap underneath the blanket of a "art form" because it is not even close. I use to listen to that music when I was young, but now I realize how stupid it is. It is morally degenerating music in that it promotes violence, degrades women, and influences the use racial slurs based on the "backwards" logic of how it is ok if the person you say it to belongs to the same racial/ethnic group as yourself.

Anyways, I found it hypocritical that the mods would try and delete my post based on the fact that I used the word "wigger" when in fact rap lyrics use the word "nigga" more often then any Neo-Nazi. Also, the word "wigger" is not even a racial slur; however, since I do not want to offend "white" Africans I will not use this word.

If you agree with degrading Armenian women, calling one another Armos, and or violence then you have my blessings, but in no way is "rap" constructive towards the betterment of society.

Lastly, since this a "feel good" forum I will stop here because I have already made it clear how ridiculous it is for upper socioeconomic Armenian youth to listen to music that made, sold, and promoted by the lower socioeconomic class of America. Armenians having homes in suburban neighborhoods like Scott Rd. to Emerald Isle can in no way relate to the African-American that lives in the projects unless of course there is something I am missing? However, if you are truly "ghetto" and "gangsta" I would suggest you sell your homes and "Beemers" and move to a more rugged environment at least then you will truly be a "product of your environment".

Sorry, this may sound like a "rant", but I am sick of "wannabe" Paskahyes and Stances thinking they are this thugged out black man. Furthermore, I know "thugged out" Armenians and I do respect most of them, but most Armenians are not "thugged out", yes, they have "balls", but they are not "thugs" and or "gangstas", cheers.
        Don't be quick to assume. I don't own a BMW or Mercedes or live in this beautiful house in the hills of Glendale. I don't even live in Glendale. Furthermore, I don't consider myself as a "thugged out" Armo or "wannabe" black just because I listen to rap. LIKE I SAID BEFORE, I listen to rap for what it is, just another genre of music.

Also, not ALL rap degrades women or leans towards violence. That's such stereotypical and close minded thought on rap. Have you ever heard of "Nas - I Know I Can"? Is that song degrading or advocating violence?

Ehhhh.... whats the point? I'm waisting my breath.

Just you keep thinking the way you do because obviously no matter what anyone says, you're already convinced in your own ways. So yea, cheers.

I'm gonna forget your were even here.

Comment

^^yeah thats what I was gonna say...

I won't even argue with this cause there is no point....but I will say one thing, not all Armenians are "beemer" driving, middle-class, house owning type people...I just thought I should get that out cause your argument is based around that.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHandle
            ^^yeah thats what I was gonna say...

I won't even argue with this cause there is no point....but I will say one thing, not all Armenians are "beemer" driving, middle-class, house owning type people...I just thought I should get that out cause your argument is based around that.
            Yeah, most Armenians have been slaves for Turks, AKA the "white man", to pick cotton fields. For 300 years the Islamic "white man" has been oppressing our people.

Your logic is just laughable. Armenians like you have reduced Armenians into a slave race. I was done with this thread a long time ago because Armenians in general have already become victims of pop-culture.

Listen, are you telling me then that you believe Armenian women and or women in general are "xxxxxes"? Are you calling your mom an sister a xxxxx? Are telling me then it is ok to call one another "Armo"? Are you telling me that you live in the "ghetto" and share a house with 10 other people? Are you telling me that your parents did not provide for you? Are you telling me you have been oppressed by the "white man"?

Because if you really "understand" the plights of a poor and oppresed "black man" then you should have no problem agreeing with the above.

Comment

Akeem the African Dream...soon to be...Armen the African Dream.
              http://www.angelfire.com/wrestling3/...lers/Akeem.htm

Comment

Yea, ok.

So people, who are your top 5 hip hop artists right now?

Comment

Originally posted by Genuine_Stud
                  Yea, ok.

So people, who are your top 5 hip hop artists right now?
                  Yeah, people, please plug yourselves back into the Matrix.

Comment

Man why are you so against it? Its a genre of music...don't like it, it doesn't represent you then don't listn to it.

And no I don't call women xxxxxes or hoes...that question is on of the most played out defenses against rap. Get original.

I wanna know what you lisnt to? Pop, country?

Comment

Originally posted by MadHandle
                      Man why are you so against it? Its a genre of music...don't like it, it doesn't represent you then don't listn to it.

And no I don't call women xxxxxes or hoes...that question is on of the most played out defenses against rap. Get original.

I wanna know what you lisnt to? Pop, country?
                      No, all I can tell is that I do not listen to Rap because all it is a "back beat" and gay lyrics that are in no way related to me. IT IS IN NO WAY A CONSTRUCTIVE TYPE OF GENRE. Sorry, but you listen music to feel good not grow balls.
                      Last edited by Virgil; 08-11-2004, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X