Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Poetry Corner

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for anileve (I copied this from the other poetry thread):

The creak of the gothic door is distant
    as she sighs "I can't remember"
    in her little white t-shirt,
    "Heartbreaker" written blood-like across her breast.
    Black spandex clings like an adoring mouth to her flooded-nile thighs.
    The sway of her hips rolls tectonic shockwaves through
    the creaking balls of my wrists,
    memories jolting nerve-endings in electron ecstasy
    as her fingernail slowly scratches my forearm.
    Her skin is darker now, the color of a
    champagne car left out in the sun too long.
    Siren hair dances down her face
    like music-box ballerinas - visually, she is
    the princess that she always thought she'd be.
    The light of the morning sun lays baffled in her corneas,
    floating to the back of my mind.
    We spin together into headlong oblivion,
    one more time . . . one last time.
    All the while my bones ache and my muscles shed blue tears,
    watching her tiny bare feet grip the hardwood,
    unadorned and white like the teenage girl I remember
    breathing in-sync with when we used to fall asleep together.

Comment

• Originally posted by loseyourname for anileve (I copied this from the other poetry thread):
      Ok, you are surely not returning from the doghouse.

Originally posted by loseyourname "Heartbreaker" written blood-like across her breast.[/B]
      Yep that would be me... If the victim count is short, I substitute blood for ketchup.

Originally posted by loseyourname her flooded-nile thighs.The sway of her hips rolls tectonic shockwaves [/B]
      Yeah I've been know to cast some shockwaves through the dance floor, after I devour 2 buckets of fried chicken. And my flooded-nile thighs are as wide as the Nile river.

Comment

• I didn't say it was about you, silly. Don't give yourself too much credit too quickly. I just finished talking with the girl it's about.

Comment

• Well silly I never implied that you have. I simply outlined the similarities between that of the character in your poem and myself. As for my doghouse comment, it can be misinterpreted quite easily by the third party. And don't flatter yourself in assuming that I don't see things underneath the apparent layer. HA!

Comment

• I used to write poems when I was 6......yerp vor musaneres gukayin....hahahaha......I still have some of them, but in haleb damn moving, it doesnt matter from where to where, it's just sad!

Comment

• Identity

Identity comes to me
              as a mystery in the form of history
              In the alphabets of the wizards that
              whirl winds against me,
              you, we, and all my irate eyes see two, three
              times the wisdom wise mens minds be
              in an ancient avenue of artistic ambiguity which
              government decree defines culture cant be free
              from political matrimony under the misery of two,
              three, power hungry
              tyrannical would bes, making humanities
              bend on its knees silencing their psychies
              churning out somber zombies
              destroying I's, you's and we's with
              archaic axes that have condemned cultures, identities,
              and families
              through choleric campaigns
              by venomous vipers,
              mystic snipers, violent vultures carrying
              Warlympic's torches
              left scratches on times walls by torpid tortures
              of battles of cultures to nameless futures
              fueled by fuming creatures hating cultures
              as they mauled with their political structures
              through my identity already on crutches
              spread with furious fireballs of falsity
              I survive despite cultural debris like
              those before me,
              like the sun and sum of 2+3 in the skies above me
              it has survived through
              times fiery eyes of fury
              of calculated chaos and political envy
              as I count, millenias, centuries, years, months and dates
              and cultural fears of mens fates
              the writings of tensions through ten-speed pens of minds extensions
              of tender earthmen who through their kinsmen have weaved amen
              through the power of pain fed to treasure trees of truths bearing
              fruits of I's, you's, we's with no rules
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

• Knowledge

As my fingers slip from the wise mans pages
                of the wisdom that is before me from ancient ages
                I climb latters of knowledge of fears with each step screams increase
                so that I read word for word and decipher curse from verse
                and turn it into thought to
                converse then turn it into truth
                to disperse to use eyes and mind to conspire
                to gain to use my skill to sooth
                my thirst to learn all I can know to
                proceed in the wayward world through
                fighting stupidity's stiched swords
                to reach forward toward
                the point of fjord for receiving that esoteric reward
                where knowledge is lord
                breakthrough to feel free like the bird
                traveling the words worlds
                climbing to the moon to
                feel the shine of the suns light through
                my skin to feel to see the eclipse that the suns
                rays threwwhere the mind slips
                and faith begins to be true
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

• I'm sitting lazily in a porcupine tumbler of dankness and it's getting to be dark. So much to be done, there's just too much to do and I won't do any of it. I only want to do one thing and it looks like that isn't happening, so I'm lazy, I admit it, and I'll just sit here for however long.

Toes intwined on the carpet, catching the last rays of the sun, a visual embrace of fading sunlight, and it's nice. But there is much to do and it's hard to ignore the need. It's much easier when you're dancing.

I spring up and wrap myself in a white robe and I swirl around the space... I begin a dance of sorts, impromptu, plush terry cloth and wisps of white softness floating everywhere, I am everywhere.

I am nowhere. There is nothing to be heard and the movements have ceased and all I am is biodegradable, really. How easy it is to be alone when you know you aren't. I need to bake, I need to collapse, I need to dole out charity, something or other. No, I don't need to do....it's only this need I have, it's only a need.

If anyone knows what it's for they aren't sharing and it's a perpetual cat-and-mouse but you can't do much about it when you have nothing to give. I strip off the robe as it's heavy and I'm too transparent for its weight. If only someone could see me now...a wilted rainbow of fluffy white and static.

There is much to be done and I have nothing to do. I decide to plod along, away from the dankness, into the arms of his. And he makes me laugh (I know he'd laugh too, smile even, if only he could...) and strange how thoughts can fill you with meaning. I am distant.

I fling myself about in circles, I am going somewhere and I have been here before and that's the way it should be. I pay no attention to boundaries, I fling about as I please and it always meets the same path. Is this a bad thing?

I don't want to try anything, I will turn my nose up contemptuously and I will look the other way, I will slide down my stairway of concern and it will disappear. I do just that, and I find myself sitting, lazily again, somewhat lighter, in a new space and it is twilight out, and I'm not sure if this will be okay.
                  The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

• You guys are great! Anon, in "Knowledge" you have expressed with your words what I could not, my feeling exactly.

CkBejug, I loved your poem, it's melancholic yet very "elegant", great job.

Comment

• Will there be a time when I can look forward to everyday?
                      Knowing there will be a voice and a face I can see everday.
                      Will I always feel so much pain, never to feel happiness?
                      So, today I sit and I pray.
                      That one day she will be there, for me to say "I love you, I hope you will stay and never push me away."
                      Looking into her eyes, lying in bed.
                      Saying "I'll be with you, even after I am dead."
                      Knowing I have found the person who will keep me whole.
                      I know without her my soul would be dead.
                      I want to give her life, passion, joy, romance.
                      All I need is one chance, one shot to meet these desires.
                      To show her I can reach those spires.

*Edit* I changed the 8th line.
                      Last edited by Emil; 03-05-2004, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X