Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Who Knows How To Play The Piano?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Knows How To Play The Piano?

I know enough to play some keys on my computer to make beats, but a producer recently sent me a beat to sing over, and the melody is beautiful. However, the beat isn't too great. It's a little boring, and the quality of it is horrible. He told me it was an old beat, and he couldn't change anything, so I was thinking - do any of you have a keyboard you can play the melody on it, and record it onto your computer?

The melody isn't too complex, it's pretty simple, so it shouldn't be too hard to listen to and duplicate it. I uploaded a 14 second clip of the beat, so let me know. I doubt I'll get too many responses, but if ANYONE can help me, I'd appreciate it.

Re: Who Knows How To Play The Piano?

sweetie I play the piano, taught myself mainly ( I did go to Piano lessons in Armenia for a few years) Have been out of practice for sometime though.
    Playing the tune is not a problem, however I am not very technical to be able to record it. If you like, send me the notes anyway and I'll see if I can play it on my cousins keyboard and record it. (I am sure he'd have the updated tech stuff)

I don't have keyboard, I play on an actual piano (Russian one at that too)

for my music exam in high school I composed a melody for 8 instruments (instrument I didn't know how to play LOL) it's not the best but never the less Im proud of it hehehe

So let me know if i can help ya mate

Comment

I don't have the notes. And as far as recording goes, you'd probably have to play on a MIDI keyboard. I don't know what kind your cousins is, but it might work. But when I say record, I don't mean to a microphone, lol.

So yeah. I don't think I could get the notes. It's a long shot anyway. Thanks.

Comment

I would like to learn, but with law school and everything, time is of the essence. I know it requires alot of effort and time, so I doubt I will be able to. How much would piano lessons cost, or better yet, what should I do if I want to teach myself? Books? Programs? Buy a keyboard?
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
          I would like to learn, but with law school and everything, time is of the essence. I know it requires alot of effort and time, so I doubt I will be able to. How much would piano lessons cost, or better yet, what should I do if I want to teach myself? Books? Programs? Buy a keyboard?
          You should buy a keyboard and try messing around with it.

I never took piano lessons or anything, but for beats, I thought myself how to play it on the computer. I make pretty complex piano beats and people who know me don't believe that's me playing it - because it sounds so real, and they think it was played on a real piano.

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way
            You should buy a keyboard and try messing around with it.

I never took piano lessons or anything, but for beats, I thought myself how to play it on the computer. I make pretty complex piano beats and people who know me don't believe that's me playing it - because it sounds so real, and they think it was played on a real piano.
            So since I don't want to play it on the computer I will have to get a keyboard. My reasoning for this is that I want the closest possible feeling of a piano, to get an actual "feel" of all the keys and how it goes. So keyboads...what are the prices since I don't think I have ever in my life wondered about a keyboard. Me and keyboards as far as I'm concerned have been like the Sun and Pluto.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

One - can you please send me the full tune? I'll work out the notes on my piano tonight and check with my cuzin see if it's possible to do it on his keyboard

don't worry hun we'll work something out.

i am sure we can do it, my cousin records his stuff all the time (and yes I know you didn't mean recording on mic )

Comment

So since I don't want to play it on the computer I will have to get a keyboard. My reasoning for this is that I want the closest possible feeling of a piano, to get an actual "feel" of all the keys and how it goes. So keyboads...what are the prices since I don't think I have ever in my life wondered about a keyboard. Me and keyboards as far as I'm concerned have been like the Sun and Pluto.
                If you want to start teaching yourself then a basic keyboard is the way to go, I dont konw the prices over in US but you can probably pick something up even second hand for around $100 - $200

you can teach yourself to play, any music store would sell notes. Start from beginners and so on. Half the time it's better just playing around with the notes as One-Way put it. you can come up with your own tunes that way.
                One of my cousins overseas never took piano lessons and she plays better than anyone I know.

That said, I am buying myself a guitar soon so I can start teaching myself

Comment

Originally posted by Crissy
                  One - can you please send me the full tune? I'll work out the notes on my piano tonight and check with my cuzin see if it's possible to do it on his keyboard

don't worry hun we'll work something out.

i am sure we can do it, my cousin records his stuff all the time (and yes I know you didn't mean recording on mic )
                  I appreciate the help, Crissy. What's funny is I asked about five people who are gonna try and help me. It'll be funny if you all come through and send me something.

Here's the full beat.

Crissy just gave you a basic range of how much it is. It varies, as everything does. But since you want to get the actual "feel", a keyboard is the best choice. You know what helped me? I use a program called Fruity Loops to make most of my beats, and what I do/used to do, is I listen to songs that used the same program to make the beat, and I try to duplicate it. I'm talking about a piano beat, of course. My friend made a piano beat using the program, and I just kept listening to the song, and going back and playing the piano on the program to get the right. After a while, I did pretty good. You basically teach yourself that way.

Comment

no probs, its downloading now,

I hope at least one out of 5 come through for you

Oh yea, once i figure out the recording bit Im gona record my melody for ya, to see what u think.

Comment

Working...
                    X