Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Georgian-South Ossetian conflict

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RSNATION
    replied
    Re: Georgian-South Ossetian conflict

    What's more is that the general public outside of the region will lose interest soon. For instance, Americans are much more interested in the Olympics, the NFL preseason, baseball and so forth. They are oblivious to the outside world.
    They don't even know where Russia is on the map let alone Georgia or Ossetia.

    Saakhasvili, you done screwed up son.

    Leave a comment:


  • yerazhishda
    replied
    Re: Georgian-South Ossetian conflict

    Blood on Saakashvili's hands, Georgia move fails to halt raids

    source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7552908.stm


    Georgia insists that all its forces are now outside South Ossetia

    Russia has continued air raids deep inside Georgia, after it rejected Tbilisi's announcement that it had called a ceasefire and wanted talks.

    Russian jets bombed targets near Georgia's capital Tbilisi, including the airport, reports said.

    Earlier Georgia said its troops had pulled out of the breakaway region of South Ossetia and Russia was in control of its capital, Tskhinvali.

    Thousands of civilians have fled - it is not clear how many have been killed.

    Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili told the BBC his forces had observed a ceasefire since 0500 on Sunday morning, but had still been bombed by Russian planes. He said his government had been trying "all day" to contact Russia to discuss a ceasefire.

    Peace mission

    Russian jets were still carrying out bombing raids late on Sunday. Witnesses said jets had hit Tbilisi International Airport, as well as a military airfield close to the Georgian capital.

    A Georgian official said Russian planes had also bombed the western town of Zugdidi and Georgian-controlled territory inside Abkhazia. The claims could not be independently verified.

    The attack which reportedly hit the airport came only a few hours before the scheduled arrival of French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner and Finnish Foreign Minister Alexander Stubb, on a peace mission.

    Meanwhile, the United Nations Security Council began meeting for a fourth day on Sunday to discuss the conflict. It has so far failed to agree on the wording of a statement calling for a ceasefire.

    Clashes in South Ossetia itself were reported to be less intense on Sunday, as Russian forces took control and Georgian troops drew back.

    Local residents fleeing the area on Sunday morning told the BBC that Tskhinvali was relatively quiet.

    Later, however, the BBC's Richard Galpin described a real sense of panic on Sunday night in the Georgian town of Gori, near the South Ossetia, amid fears that Russian troops were about to march on the town.

    He had been warned by the interior ministry to leave Gori, only to find that the road to Tbilisi was crammed with cars full of fleeing civilians.

    'Disproportionate force'

    Georgia's announcement of its ceasefire came in a statement from the foreign ministry, stating that Georgia "today stopped firing in the South Ossetian conflict zone and is ready to begin talks with Russia on a ceasefire and cessation of hostilities".

    It said a note had been passed to the Russian embassy in Georgia to that effect.

    Mikhail Saakashvili claims Russia has not respected the ceasefire

    But a Russian foreign ministry official was quoted by Interfax saying "our information does not confirm the Georgian statement".

    "There are indications that exchanges of fire are continuing and the Georgian forces have not been fully withdrawn from the conflict zone," he said.

    The United Nations refugee agency (UNHCR) called on the parties to the conflict to grant safe passage for thousands of civilians trying to escape the war zone.

    The UNHCR estimates that between 10,000 and 20,000 people have been displaced within Georgia, including South Ossetia, while Russia has said that a further 30,000 people have fled north into the Russian province of North Ossetia.

    "The conflict has caused civilian casualties and more are at risk," UN High Commissioner for Refugees Antonio Guterres said.

    "It is essential that humanitarian agencies be able to reach the affected and the displaced."

    Meanwhile tensions were rising in Georgia's other breakaway region, Abkhazia.

    The leader of the separatist government there, Sergei Bagapsh, said he had ordered a military operation to clear Georgian forces out of Abkhazia's Kodori Gorge, and gave them a deadline to leave.

    Georgia has accused Russia of landing 4,000 more troops in Abkhazia via the Black Sea. The separatists said Georgia had deployed a similar number of soldiers south of the Abkhaz border.

    The US has described Russia's actions as "dangerous and disproportionate".

    US Deputy National Security Adviser James Jeffrey said that if the Russian escalation continued, it would have a "significant" long-term impact on relations between the Moscow and Washington.

    Nato Secretary General Jaap de Hoop Scheffer said Russia had violated Georgia's territorial integrity in South Ossetia and condemned the "disproportionate use of force".

    The Russian radio station Echo Moscow reported that two journalists, including a photographer for the Russian news agency Itar-Tass, were shot dead by separatists after entering South Ossetia.

    Leave a comment:


  • crusader1492
    replied
    Re: Georgian-South Ossetian conflict

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-T_Z...=1&sa=N&tab=wn

    McCain (what an ass!) sounding more idiotic than Bush.

    Leave a comment:


  • skhara
    replied
    Re: Georgian-South Ossetian conflict

    Originally posted by RSNATION View Post
    HAHAHAHAH!!! THE GEORGIANS ARE BEGGING THE ABKHAZ NOT TO FIGHT FOR THEIR FREEDOM!!!!!!!

    http://georgiamfa.blogspot.com/2008/...nment-for.html
    They are begging for cease-fire now too. Russia doesn't seem to interested. I guarantee you guys, there will be no status-quo after this. Russian troops that have entered S Ossetia are there to stay. Perhaps a buffer zones will be created.

    Leave a comment:


  • aray
    replied
    Re: Georgian-South Ossetian conflict

    Check out the CNN line - BLOOD IN THE STREETS. Western media hypocrisy is amazing

    Leave a comment:


  • RSNATION
    replied
    Re: Georgian-South Ossetian conflict

    HAHAHAHAH!!! THE GEORGIANS ARE BEGGING THE ABKHAZ NOT TO FIGHT FOR THEIR FREEDOM!!!!!!!

    10.08.2008 10.00 This year’s events have revealed the imperialistic intentions of Russian political leaders towards the Caucasus. In order ...

    Leave a comment:


  • arziv
    replied
    Re: Georgian-South Ossetian conflict

    Hunker down and wait cautiously and calculatingly. It is too early to say how Russia will play out this gambit. Shaskavily is a Nato pawn, triggered by the globalist vermin. Georgia is a quasi -proxy USA base in the caucasus . If Shaskavily succeeds with his reckless adventurism, it will send a green light to the other scabious dog , Aliev, to launch an attack on NK. Israel and judaic cabala has provided military hardware to the Shaskavily hyena. The gambit is to rout the Russian influence out of the Caucasus. If Russia is not careful this could happen in a blink of an eye, with catastrophic consequences for our homeland. If Ossetia is overwhelmed, Abhkazia will be next, and the lice ridden dog Aliev will be emboldened --- with support from Turkey and the judaic cabala--- to attack NK. Times are very difficult, the stakes are high; Russia's position and preponderance in the region is being tested. Firebrands and mountain brigands like Shaskavily, greased and oiled by the judaic talmudists, don't make matters any easier in the region.

    Leave a comment:


  • crusader1492
    replied
    Re: Georgian-South Ossetian conflict

    Originally posted by Yedtarts View Post
    Did mercenaries help Georgia?


    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.


    http://www.russiatoday.com/news/news/28765
    The guy in the video said that they have some bodies in their possession that are black (maybe US special forces?). This would confirm that mercenaries are being used.

    Leave a comment:


  • Yedtarts
    replied
    Re: Georgian-South Ossetian conflict

    Shelled city is living hell

    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

    Leave a comment:


  • Yedtarts
    replied
    Re: Georgian-South Ossetian conflict

    Did mercenaries help Georgia?


    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.


    Last edited by Yedtarts; 08-10-2008, 06:58 AM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X