Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Protests continue after Ayatollah's warning: Protesters beaten, tear-gassed in street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Protests continue after Ayatollah's warning: Protesters beaten, tear-gassed in st

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
    Who said I think the US should get involved? I certainly did not. But I can still show my support for what the Iranian people are doing for themselves...
    Who are exactly 'the Iranian people', you are referring to in such a categorical way?

Originally posted by Eddo221 View Post
    With all do respect Lucin I disagree. Some of us here hold Iranian passport, served in military, travel back and forth, and have actually voted in this elections. We have every right to demonstrate.
    This is all nice but do you think 'you' living in America (for instance) should have as much right and voice as someone living and struggling inside Iran?

Comment

Re: Protests continue after Ayatollah's warning: Protesters beaten, tear-gassed in st

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
      Who are exactly 'the Iranian people', you are referring to in such a categorical way?
      The ones that are protesting... sorry if that was not clear for you.

This is all nice but do you think 'you' living in America (for instance) should have as much right and voice as someone living and struggling inside Iran?
      Do I have to still be living there to say 'good for them?' Do you not comment on the actions of anyone but yourself?
      [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
      -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
        ..........You do not care for the poor who will end up suffering from a more Capitalistic (corrupt) regime.
        Either you have a real twisted view of the world or you just like to stir the pot all the time. What do you know about the poor in Iran? You really think they are living well right now? You don’t know xxxx about me so don’t assume that I don’t care for the poor in Iran.

As far as Americans not speaking out on their own elections maybe now they can learn from Iranians. A coworker today told me that “wow, Iranians are more American that we are…..”

Lucin: yes I think so. I have family there, old friends, buried grandparents and the Iranian government considers me a citizen, why should my voice not count just because I no longer live there.
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

An opinion piece on the probable involvement of the CIA
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Are the Iranian Election Protests Another U.S. Orchestrated "Color Revolution"?

A number of commentators have expressed their idealistic belief in the purity of Mir-Hossein Mousavi, Ayatollah Montazeri, and the Westernized youth of Tehran. The CIA destabilization plan, announced two years ago (see below), has somehow not contaminated unfolding events.

The claim is made that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad stole the election because the outcome was declared too soon after the polls closed for all the votes to have been counted. Mousavi declared his victory several hours before the polls closed, however. This is classic CIA destabilization designed to discredit a contrary outcome. It forces an early declaration of the vote. The longer the time interval between the pre-emptive declaration of victory and the release of the vote tally, the longer Mousavi has to create the impression that the authorities are using the time to fix the vote. It is amazing that people don't see through this trick.

As for Montazeri's charge that the election was stolen, he was the initial choice to succeed Ayatollah Khomeini, but lost out to the current supreme leader. He sees in the protests an opportunity to settle the score with Ayahtollah Khamenei. Montazeri has the incentive to challenge the election whether or not he is being manipulated by the CIA, which has a successful history of manipulating disgruntled politicians.

There is a power struggle among the ayatollahs. Many are aligned against Ahmadinejad because he accuses them of corruption, thus playing to the Iranian countryside where Iranians believe the ayatollahs' lifestyles indicate an excess of power and money. In my opinion, Ahmadinejad's attack on the ayatollahs is opportunistic. It does make it odd for his American detractors to say he is a conservative reactionary lined up with the ayatollahs, however.

Commenators are "explaining" the Iran elections based on their own illusions, delusions, emotions and vested interests. Whether or not the poll results predicting Ahmadinejad's win are sound, there is, so far, no evidence beyond surmise that the election was stolen. There are credible reports, however, that the CIA has been working for two years to destabilize the Iranian government.

On May 23, 2007, Brian Ross and Richard Esposito reported on ABC News, "The CIA has received secret presidential approval to mount a covert "black" operation to destabilize the Iranian government, current and former officials in the intelligence community tell ABC News."

On May 27, 2007, the London Telegraph independently reported, "Mr.
          Bush has signed an official document endorsing CIA plans for a propaganda and disinformation campaign intended to destabilize, and eventually topple, the theocratic rule of the mullahs."

A few days previously, the Telegraph reported on May 16, 2007, that Bush administration neocon warmonger John Bolton told the Telegraph that a U.S. military attack on Iran would "be a 'last option' after economic sanctions and attempts to foment a popular revolution had failed."

On June 29, 2008, Seymour Hersh reported in The New Yorker: "Late last year, Congress agreed to a request from President Bush to fund a major escalation of covert operations against Iran, according to current and former military, intelligence and congressional sources. These operations, for which the president sought up to four hundred million dollars, were described in a Presidential Finding signed by Bush, and are designed to destabilize the country's religious leadership."

The protests in Tehran no doubt have many sincere participants. The protests also have the hallmarks of the CIA orchestrated protests in Georgia and Ukraine. It requires total blindness not to see this.

Daniel McAdams has made some telling points. For example, neoconservative Kenneth Timmerman wrote the day before the election that "there's talk of a 'green revolution' in Tehran." How would Timmerman know that unless it was an orchestrated plan? Why would there be a 'green revolution' prepared prior to the vote, especially if Mousavi and his supporters were as confident of victory as they claim? This looks like definite evidence that the United States is involved in the election protests.

Timmerman goes on to write that "the National Endowment for Democracy has spent millions of dollars promoting 'color' revolutions . ... Some of that money appears to have made it into the hands of pro-Mousavi groups, who have ties to non-governmental organizations outside Iran that the National Endowment for Democracy funds."

Timmerman's own neocon Foundation for Democracy is "a private, nonprofit organization established in 1995 with grants from the National Endowment for Democracy (NED), to promote democracy and internationally recognized standards of human rights in Iran."

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
            Either you have a real twisted view of the world or you just like to stir the pot all the time. What do you know about the poor in Iran? You really think they are living well right now? You don’t know xxxx about me so don’t assume that I don’t care for the poor in Iran.
            Then you should know all about the sanctions against the people of Iran. You should know about the reasons behind the Iran-Iraq war. I don't have a twisted view of the world, I know the history of the middle east. And I have family members who escaped Iraq from the first Gulf War. Oil is no reason to kill.
            "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

BBC Caught In Mass Public Deception With Iran Propaganda

News corporation uses photo from pro-Ahmadinejad rally, claims it represents anti-government protest

The BBC has again been caught engaging in mass public deception by using photographs of pro-Ahmadinejad rallies in Iran and claiming they represent anti-government protests in favor of Hossein Mousavi.

An image used by the L.A. Times on the front page of its website Tuesday showed Iranian President Ahmadinejad waving to a crowd of supporters at a public event.

In a story covering the election protests yesterday, the BBC News website used a closer shot of the same scene, but with Ahmadinejad cut out of the frame. The caption under the photograph read, 'Supporters of Mir Hossein Mousavi again defied a ban on protests'.

The BBC photograph is clearly a similar shot of the same pro-Ahmadinejad rally featured in the L.A. Times image, yet the caption erroneously claims it represents anti-Ahmadinejad protesters.

More here http://www.propagandamatrix.com/arti...propaganda.htm
              Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

The ones that are protesting... sorry if that was not clear for you.
                No, again not only it's not clear but it's misleading and confusing. The ones who are protesting are a portion of the Iranian people, there was another huge portion who protested and organised rallies for the opposite side. Maybe it was not shown on the 'free' media?

Do I have to still be living there to say 'good for them?' Do you not comment on the actions of anyone but yourself?
                Did I say you should not 'comment'? I never did. You are free to comment on the actions of others based on different criterions and people are also free to percieve it in different ways but you are not free to decide for their fate.

Eddo, I disagree. Unlike your old friends and your family living in Iran, you have no impact on today's Iran's social, economic development...
                Last edited by Lucin; 06-22-2009, 10:38 AM.

Comment

No, again not only it's not clear but it's misleading and confusing. The ones who are protesting are a portion of the Iranian people, there was another huge portion who protested and organised rallies for the opposite side. Maybe it was not shown on the 'free' media?

Did I say you should not 'comment'? I never did. You are free to comment on the actions of others based on different criterions and people are also free to percieve it in different ways but you are not free to decide for their fate.

Vay, Lucin... I know it's not ALL of them. Why does everyone here assume that everyone else is a moron?

You say comment, but when I comment you jump on it. How am I deciding someone's fate?
                  [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                  -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                    Then you should know all about the sanctions against the people of Iran. You should know about the reasons behind the Iran-Iraq war. I don't have a twisted view of the world, I know the history of the middle east. And I have family members who escaped Iraq from the first Gulf War. Oil is no reason to kill.

The sanctions are against the government of Iran which directly affects the people. If these Iranian leaders continue to be in power and continue down the same road the new sanctions will make the old ones look like picnic. Furthermore it will be a matter of time before Israel attacks the facilities which will make life even more miserable for the people of Iran. The US involvement in pushing Saddam to invade Iran and the 1979 CIA propaganda run US embassy in Tehran (yes, I was there as a kid) that started the revolution has nothing to do with current affairs. CIA, Mossad have no deep connections in Iran right now and they are not in the business of nation building and spreading the gift of democracy anymore, at least not in Iran (same cannot be said about England though, they are up to something).

A more moderate and democratic Iran will increase the chances of peace in ME and possibly reduce the tension between the superpowers out for best oil and gas routes. Nobody is saying that Mousavi is going to be the symbol of democracy, but you can bet that with Ahmadinejad Iran is headed for big trouble and a bad future for its people.
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

You guys not living in Iran have no right to go to protests demanding a revolution or for the rights of those who live inside Iran. That's not democratic. Let the majority of the people of Iran decide for their fate...
                      What about those of us that still have a majority of our parental family residing in Iran, we have no right to support those people. What about those of us who not only have a majority of our family still living in Iran but our family’s have lived there for several generations and have contributed to the country if only in some small way? We shouldn’t have a right to voice our opinion or support these people? I think you’re very off here. My mother has been crying and having a nervous breakdown all weekend crying for these people but we have to keep our mouths shut?

Comment

Working...
                      X