Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

German museum man says Alexander the Great was mainly Greek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: German museum man says Alexander the Great was mainly Greek

Originally posted by Army View Post
    I am not 'Turkey' and I can ask anything I want.

Alexandros;

So basicly you say Turks in Greece deserve to suffer before Greeks in Turkey also suffer?

How could you 'have' the right to talk about Turkish Greeks (the school, 1950 events etc) but Ankara can not about Turks in Greece?

This is nonsense. Whatever happens to Muslims in Greece is the problem of Turkey and all other countries. And when China starts to kill innocent Uyghurs, it is a problem of mine. As like problems of Armenians in Turkey is also the problem of Armenia.
    I am not 'Turkey' and I can ask anything I want.
    And your point is?Has anyone said that you don`t have the right to ask?Feel free to explain.

Alexandros;

So basicly you say Turks in Greece deserve to suffer before Greeks in Turkey also suffer?

How could you 'have' the right to talk about Turkish Greeks (the school, 1950 events etc) but Ankara can not about Turks in Greece?

This is nonsense. Whatever happens to Muslims in Greece is the problem of Turkey and all other countries. And when China starts to kill innocent Uyghurs, it is a problem of mine. As like problems of Armenians in Turkey is also the problem of Armenia.
    Where did I say that the Turks in Greece deserves to suffer?My point was that if for example Turkey who is the worst Human Rights offender in Europe in 2008 tries to lecture Greece(or any other European country) for human rights violations it will only make Turkey look hypocritical considering that Turkey herself has expelled nearly all Greeks from Turkey and not to mention Turkey`s own history of human rights violations.I even posted some numbers about the Greek minority in Turkey.Check out your thread about "Turkey and minorities".There are only 2000-4000 Greeks left in Turkey.

But in Greece there are about 100.000 Muslims living in Greek Thraki where the majority of them are Turks.

You see the difference?

That doesn`t mean Greece could do more to improve the rights of Turkish/Pomak/Roma minority which I also agreed with you in my previous post.The problem is that when Turkey criticize Greece(or any other European country) for not respecting human rights, the critique comes from a country that is the worst Human Rights offender in Europe in 2008 - and you expect Greece(or any other European country) to take Turkey`s critique seriously?

Why is this so difficult to understand?
    Last edited by Alexandros; 10-04-2009, 11:28 AM.

Comment

"German museum man?"

Comment

I see.

Alexandros, however I think both sides can criticize eachothers as long as they are pointing at the truths. Classic "Look at yourself first" would not work, since Turkish and Greek diplomacies on minority politics were established exactly on that theory.

Comment

You can criticise but no ones gives a damn. Everyone with some knowledge in human rights knows the Turkish violations, check the Amnesty International website for example. Enough is there to make the Turkish government look like a psychotic genocidal maniac that loves driving everyone who isn't a Turk or just simply criticises the government into jail. That's all true too, look it up yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by hipeter924 View Post
            You can criticise but no ones gives a damn. Everyone with some knowledge in human rights knows the Turkish violations, check the Amnesty International website for example. Enough is there to make the Turkish government look like a psychotic genocidal maniac that loves driving everyone who isn't a Turk or just simply criticises the government into jail. That's all true too, look it up yourself.
            I know Turkey and Turks very well and I've been in worser states (such as Syria). Minorities in Turkey do have serious problems; but they are better than the most of the world. I am sure an Armenian in Turkey is in far better condition than an Azeri in Armenia or Karabagh (if any Azeri exists there).

As for Macedonia, you all forget the point that Greece took those lands only after Balkan Wars, which was happened less than 100 years ago.

Comment

I know Turkey and Turks very well and I've been in worser states (such as Syria). Minorities in Turkey do have serious problems; but they are better than the most of the world. I am sure an Armenian in Turkey is in far better condition than an Azeri in Armenia or Karabagh (if any Azeri exists there).

As for Macedonia, you all forget the point that Greece took those lands only after Balkan Wars, which was happened less than 100 years ago.
              Yes, don`t you feel sorry for FYROM.

Minorities in Turkey do have serious problems; but they are better than the most of the world.
              This must be the joke of the week.

Comment

Army your lack of hostility is refreshing to see from a turckish poster but you have many misconceptions about turckey and the minorities in it. This is very understandable though given the false education that republic provides for its people.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

I did not say they live in a heaven. Ive met with Armenians and J'ews here and they were living quite well. Actually, they do not take anyone into jail just because they say "We are Greek" or "We are Kurds". It is not that insane here.

As for Macedonians, I do not hate them but I do not like them either. But forcing a state to change its name into FYROM is silly, since it has the term 'Macedonia' in FYROM too.

Comment

I did not say they live in a heaven. Ive met with Armenians and J'ews here and they were living quite well. Actually, they do not take anyone into jail just because they say "We are Greek" or "We are Kurds". It is not that insane here.

As for Macedonians, I do not hate them but I do not like them either. But forcing a state to change its name into FYROM is silly, since it has the term 'Macedonia' in FYROM too.
                    It was agreed between FYROM and Greece in 1995 that if FYROM wants to join the EU,NATO or other organizations...they can only do it with the name FYROM.

BUT, if FYROM wants to join to the EU, NATO or other organizations with another name than FYROM, then Greece has the right to use its veto.

Here`s the "Interim accord" between Greece and FYROM that was agreed 1995, article 11:

INTERNATIONAL, MULTILATERAL AND REGIONAL INSTITUTIONS
                    Article 11

1. Upon entry into force of this Interim Accord, The Party of the First Part agrees not to object to the application by or the membership of the Party of the Second Part in international, multilateral and regional organizations and institutions of which the Party of the First Part is a member; however, the Party of the First Part reserves the right to object to any membership referred to above if and to the extent of the Party of the Second Part is to be referred to in such organization or institution differently than in paragraph 2 of the United Nations Security Council resolution 817 (1993).(Read below the inserted bold text)

Link

--

2. Recommends to the General Assembly that the State whose application is contained in document S/25147 be admitted to membership in the United Nations, this State being provisionally referred to for all purposes within the United Nations as "the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia"[FYROM] pending settlement of the difference that has arisen over the name of the State;

Link
                    In other words: had FYROM for example applied to join NATO with the name FYROM then Greece wouldn`t had any problem with it.But FYROM applied to become member of the NATO with the name "Republic of Macedonia" which means that FYROM violated the agreement, hence the veto by Greece against FYROM.

Conclusion: FYROM has agreed to negotiate with Greece about a name that is respectable to both countries but FYROM disregarded this and paid the prize.

If FYROM doesn`t compromise with Greece on the name issue they will not be able to join the EU, NATO or other organizations.
                    Last edited by Alexandros; 10-06-2009, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Ok, bileteral relationships between countries are their problem. If Macedonia agreed on something like that, its her mistake. What I want to learn is since FYROM means "Former Yugoslavia Republic of Macedonia"; it means that there was a Yugoslavian Republic named 'Macedonia'... So the people of that country are 'Macedonians of the Former Yugoslavian Republic'.. How come it makes a difference; they are still Macedonians and the state is still Macedonia.. is not it?

Comment

Working...
                      X