Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Consequences Of Attacking Iran And Why Tehran Is Not Worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Consequences Of Attacking Iran And Why Tehran Is Not Worried

No way war in Iraq can be won: ex-UK general

Former British Army commander

There is “no way” the war in Iraq can be won by the United States and its allies, a former British Army commander said yesterday as he called for the troops to be withdrawn. General Sir Michael Rose, who commanded the United Nations Protection Force in Bosnia-Hercegovina from 1994 to 1995, said coalition forces in Iraq were facing an impossible situation.

“There is no way we are going to win the war and (we should) withdraw and accept defeat because we are going to lose on a more important level if we don’t,” he said. Though the coalition could not simply “cut and run,” Rose said announcing a withdrawal date would help to dampen the violence between Sunni, Shia and Kurdish factions.

“Give them a date and it is amazing how people and political parties will stop fighting each other and start working towards a peaceful transfer of power,” he said. Rose was speaking at the annual Hay Festival of Literature and the Arts in Hay-on-Wye, on the Welsh border with England.

Source: http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/Dis...0706022750.xml
    Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Gates: Taliban Fighters Are Using Iranian Weapons
      Karzai: No They Are Not

Gates raises concerns about Iran arms

US Defence Secretary Robert Gates raised concerns about Iranian arms coming into Afghanistan with President Hamid Karzai yesterday, but the Afghan leader said relations with Iran had never been better.
      “The president and I discussed this morning—there have been indications over the past few months of weapons coming in from Iran,” Gates told a press conference at the presidential palace in Kabul.

“We do not have any information whether the government of Iran is supporting this, or is behind it, or whether it’s smuggling,” he added.
      “But there certainly is information that there are some weapons coming into Afghanistan destined for the Taliban but perhaps also for criminal elements involved in the drug trafficking coming from Iran.”

Karzai, asked whether the Iranian government could be involved, said: “We don’t have any such evidence of the involvement of Iran in supplying the Taliban.

“We have a very good relationship with the Iran government. Iran and Afghanistan have never been as friendly as they are today.”
      He said that Iran had contributed heavily over the past five years to Afghanistan’s reconstruction, and trade between the neighbours had increased.

“It has been possible for Afghanistan to be so close to Iran because partners in the international community, especially the US, understood and supported this relationship.

“And because Iran also understood and supported our strategic relationship with America,” Karzai said. “Therefore it is in the interest of our brothers in Iran to have a stable, prospering Afghanistan.”
      Gates, who arrived Sunday on an unannounced visit, said he believed the fight against the Taliban was “winnable” but also a long-term undertaking.
      The efforts to contain the Taliban’s “spring offensive” put them “off their game and it’s been an important success this spring. The key is to sustain that.”

Karzai went on to say that the “the war against the Taliban, against terrorism, against Al Qaeda, has been won.”

Earlier in the day he visited Camp Morehead, south of the capital, to watch the Afghan National Army’s (ANA) first commando battalion being trained.
      General Bismillah Khan Mohamadi, the ANA’s chief of general staff, said the army was on track to field a fully trained and equipped 70,000-member force by December 2008 but would not be able to operate independently until 2011.

Source: http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topic...1&parent_id=23

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Iranian missile threat to Europe 'joke of the year'

Iran's top nuclear negotiator Ali Larijani says a claim by the United States that Iran poses a ballistic missile threat to Europe is laughable.

"It's the joke of the year," he said. "These days, the Americans tell a lot of jokes.

"Iranian missiles are incapable of reaching Europe and it is very unlikely that they [the Americans] do not know it.

"What is more, Europe is our biggest commercial partner. What reason would we have to do such a thing?"

The United States wants to deploy elements of its anti-missile defence system in the Czech Republic and Poland, despite the objections of Russia.

The US says it is designed to defend against a missile attack from the Middle East - notably Iran.

Russian President Vladimir Putin has warned that Russia would point missiles at European targets if the US expands its nuclear defences near its borders.

Comment

I love it

Նժդեհ

Comment

Russia 'surrounded by NATO and ice'

A senior Iranian official says Russia has been surrounded by NATO forces and the Arctic ice, despite long negotiations with the US. Ali Akbar Velayati, the former Iranian Foreign Minister and Advisor to the Leader of the Islamic Revolution, said Sunday that Russia had been negotiating with the US since the Soviet era.

"Now, Russia is surrounded by NATO forces and the Arctic ice and the ex-superpower has turned into a Russia whose boundaries are violated by outsiders," he added. Velayati made the remarks at a conference held in northeastern city of Mashad that was attended by a number of military commanders.

"Some people think negotiations with the US would simply be a solution to all problems. But it's not," he said, adding that Washington is trying to take the control of the Islamic world by putting pressure on Iran to recognize the Israeli regime and accept the American version of democracy and Western norms. He said as long as the US dictates 'the rules of the game', negotiations with Washington will be a defeat.

Source: http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id...onid=351020101

Նժդեհ

Comment

An astounding statement by Levon Melik-Shahnazaryan

Analyst: In case of military operation against Iran, Baku will be struck first

“We shall be witness of the US operation in Iran; the only thing that halts the United States now is a complicated condition of the US Armed Forces in Iraq,” political analyst Levon Melik-Shakhnazaryan announced at a news conference yesterday, expressing his bewilderment by the fact that the has not started yet.

As a REGNUM correspondent reports, according to him, the USA is pursuing geopolitical targets and has done too much by now to crawfish. As the political analyst said, in case the military operation is started, Armenia will have to take a neutral position, as on the one hand, Iran is counterweighed by a very strong Western influence, on the other hand, “the USA comes and goes, but neighbors are always here.” Elaborating on the subject of the USA-Iran military confrontation, Levon Melik-Shakhnazaryan noted that Baku will suffer most from the war, as Azerbaijan will be struck first. “If the United State use the Azerbaijani territory for attacking Iran, Tehran will unconditionally discuss the question of seizing Baku,” the political expert said. In this case, the question of rescuing Azerbaijan will become acute. At least, Washington’s military action must be expected before the presidential election, the analyst believes.

Source: http://www.regnum.ru/english/841699.html

Նժդեհ

Comment

Did you read the recent piece of news of how Joe Lieberman wants action on Iran?

Amusing.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by skhara View Post
                  Iran's top nuclear negotiator Ali Larijani says a claim by the United States that Iran poses a ballistic missile threat to Europe is laughable.

"It's the joke of the year," he said. "These days, the Americans tell a lot of jokes.
                  I would believe the "Iranian nuclear negotiator" just as much as I would believe George Bush. Of course they are going to deny it. But I don't doubt for a second that they have the expertise to figure out how to extend the range of the korean missiles they have reportedly bought in 2005 (whether they did or didn't is another issue). It would be a huge mistake to take Iran's abilities lightly as there is certainly no joke in what they can do.
                  Last edited by Sip; 06-12-2007, 09:54 PM.
                  this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse View Post
                    Did you read the recent piece of news of how Joe Lieberman wants action on Iran?

Amusing.
                    I did, it is very amusing indeed and also quite typical of his kind I must say. I just didn't think his BS would be appropriate for this thread. Nonetheless, the filth in question is a rabid Zionist. He has been more-or-less recruited by Neocons to work on left-leaning Americans. I also remember that last year he wanted to create a "special tax" for us to pay for the war in Iraq. These people are utterly ruining this country and leading it into inevitable disaster, as they have done with numerous other nations throughout history.

Նժդեհ

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
                      I would believe the "Iranian nuclear negotiator" just as much as I would believe George Bush. Of course they are going to deny it.
                      Yeah, Russians are laughing about it to

I suggest you wake up from your deep sleep, Joe. One has to be 'lesser' than a fool, perhaps a retarded moron, to think that Iran poses a real "missile threat" to Europe, or the United States. The only nations that Iran can potentially pose a threat to in the future are Israel, Turkey and Saudi Arabia - which is exactly why Washington DC is desperately searching for ways to topple the Iranian government.

Long Live the Islamic State of Iran!

Նժդեհ

Comment

Working...
                      X