Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Muslim Barbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muslim Barbie

Check this xxxx out, fellow peons. It's a Barbie doll as interpreted by Islamic Fundamentalism! Ain't that just cute?

http://www.msnbc.com/news/977700.asp?vts=100920030646

"At first glance, this new girl on the block doesn’t give Barbie much of a run for her money. After all, Barbie is everything Razanne is not - curvaceous, flashy and loaded with sex appeal. But that’s exactly why many Muslim Americans prefer Razanne, with her long-sleeved dresses, head scarf and, by her creator Ammar Saadeh’s own admission, a not-so-buxom bustline."

I can hardly wait till they come out with a Muslim Ken doll that drags her into the bathroom and shoots her in the head for not covering her face at all times.
    Achkerov kute.

it's crap!

i had a lot of barbie and cindy dolls when i was young and i never thought of them having religion, i dont understand whats e main point of this new doll.... it looks like anything but a doll, i mean it is supposed to be a toy, not a religious icon

Comment

well... I guess you would understand if you were a doll lover little girl who's family happened to be muslim and who HAD to cover her hair at 12 years of age.
      you didn't relate your barbies to religion, because it never occured to you to do so, because they were like YOU... Christianity happens to NOT consider short skirts and long blonde hair forbidden.
      kids relate to their toys, you know. boys that like to fight, play with power rangers. the ones that play with cars, wanna become car racers one day...
      it's called respecting religions...
      oh wait ... you might be one of those people that think "if you're not christian, you're going to hell".. great..
      whatever...
      I'm doing it again... contradicting you guys...
      like I care...
      lates
      P.S. I'm not muslim. 8)

Comment

And from jahannamin deebe she returned.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by jahannam
          well... I guess you would understand if you were a doll lover little girl who's family happened to be muslim and who HAD to cover her hair at 12 years of age.
          you didn't relate your barbies to religion, because it never occured to you to do so, because they were like YOU... Christianity happens to NOT consider short skirts and long blonde hair forbidden.
          kids relate to their toys, you know. boys that like to fight, play with power rangers. the ones that play with cars, wanna become car racers one day...
          it's called respecting religions...
          oh wait ... you might be one of those people that think "if you're not christian, you're going to hell".. great..
          whatever...
          I'm doing it again... contradicting you guys...
          like I care...
          lates
          P.S. I'm not muslim. 8)

Wait a minute, you're not a muslim but you're so heated up over this muslim barbie thing. why?? dude you've got some issues and i don't know where they come from! respecting religions? it's a freakin barbie doll! It's not about religion. I mean obviously religion plays a part in the life of the little girl (or boy?) who plays with the barbie doll, but from the marketing/sales point of view the whole muslim-barbie shtick came from the fact that most likely muslim parents would not let their children play with a doll like the regular barbie because they believe in certain things, including that women should be covered up. so, they were missing out of getting $$ from this whole group of people, so the muslm barbie would be a great idea :idea: . not a religion-promoting tool. it's about the money. as is everything else. It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :!:
          The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

"religion promoting tool"...????
            what?
            where have I said THAT...
            look...
            if religion wasn't the issue here, the thread wouldn't be called "muslim barbie"
            marketting sure plays a role in this...
            but how about the name Ammar Saadeh??
            the doll's creator as mentioned in the article...
            you think his main concern was to make money? or to offer his fellow muslim people(kids in this case) something they can relate to... in this "christian-jew ruled" world???
            I'm not gettin heated up... it's just pretty sad seeing Anon and that turkish chic(who's openminded and wants to learn about Armenians through this website ) talking xxxx about the doll cuz it doesn't show any skin...
            so relax...All I'm saying is that people have different beliefs ...and it would be nice if we didn't criticize...
            but it's cute that you're trying to be on mouse's side... can this be cyber love?lol
            ahhhhhh 8)

Comment

I agree with Jahannam. Bottom line is the "normal" Barbie was not in accordance to Muslim morals and values. Of course Mattel will think of profits it can generate, but Muslim girls in eastern countries will get to have a doll that is more realistic to their environment, and even a few christian girls will already have some sort of initiation to other cultures.

Comment

Originally posted by jahannam
                it's cute that you're trying to be on mouse's side... can this be cyber love?lol
                ahhhhhh 8)
                actually, i wasn't taking his side, nor was i taking disksoleils side, so don't start asking me if i am in online love with a turk and open up that whole other can of worms. I think it's quite a smart marketing strategy to have a muslim barbie, I disagree with mousie that's it's a stupid idea, as long as it's generating money, what the hell. and to you and baron i ask this, i understand that it's good they have this toy that is culturally or religiously or whatever "correct" for muslim girls to play with and relate too, but you do realize that just like with regular barbies the clothes can come right off, thus eliminating the whole purpose?? anyway, it's a good thing to be out there. i never said it wasn't, i just suggested you look at the monetary reasoning behind this doll. damn i wish i had thought it up.

secondly, for you to tell me to relax because all you were doing was saying it's great that "people have different beliefs ...and it would be nice if we didn't criticize... " is quite a joke my dear, because if you do recall you were the one who left the forum last screaming and in a huff because (you in all your what 12 years is it, of wisdom) couldn't deal with the fact that some people on the forum have different beliefs than yours regarding the genocide issue. so next time, if you live in a glass house, don't go throwing rocks. okee?
                The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

lol
                  you're pathetic...
                  BELIEFS regarding the genocide???
                  do you realize how wrong that sounds?
                  people believe or disbelieve in religion, love, afterlife or the future...
                  they don't "form beliefs" about historical facts...
                  I'm sorry dear, but that was a bad bad baaad comparison!

Comment

i am a muslim, but in Islam you have the option whether you want to cover your head or not...

arabs are trying to show the head scarf as a 'flag' of Islam which i hate........

why should kids cover their heads.... covering heads is for adult women and it is an option!!!

the family seems to be forcing their young daughter, and even trying to show the little girl that even barbie is so!

young kids should enjoy childhood rather than being so deeply involved with religion and stuff...

a level of religion would be sufficient...

P.S. Welcome back jahannam

Comment

Working...
                    X