Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Zeitgeist- Documentary about Public Manipulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeitgeist- Documentary about Public Manipulation

Utterly mind boggling.

Re: Zeitgeist- Documentary about Public Manipulation

There are denunciations of "public manipulation" that amount to public manipulation.
    It is in fact a very common way of manipulating people to first tell them the truth has been withheld from them so as to gain their attention and knock out their intellectual resistance (for the potentially valid denunciation often comes as a shock) and then sell them a supposedly "real" hidden truth which most often happens to be a real lie.

Comment

"Everything you were told to this day was a lie. But read on, we will now reveal the truth to you".
      What a joke... Only good for imbeciles.

Comment

You just committed the exact same fallacy that your telling people to avoid. Instead of "denouncing" all of the efforts and information in the documentary, maybe you should try to explore it and give reasons for your "analysis". Let's not be hypocritical now. Whether or not you agree with the facts in the film shouldn't hinder others interests in at least viewing the material. I encourage everyone to take a peek.

Oh and let us keep the childish insults to a minimum.

Comment

This was intended as a general remark. I didn't watch the "film". "Visual learning" is not my thing. Honestly, a quick look at the sources (http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/sources.htm) was enough for me to understand what I was dealing with.

Mythical Jesus, 9/11 and rule by secrecy, three for the price of one. What a great offer.

Originally posted by Paul Craig Roberts
          Since the damning incontrovertible fact has not been investigated, speculation and “conspiracy theories” have filled the void. Some of the speculation is based on circumstantial evidence and is plausible. Other of the speculation is untenable, and it is used to protect the official explanation by branding all skeptics “conspiracy theorists.” I would not be surprised if some of the most far-out “conspiracy theories” consist, in fact, of disinformation put out by elements in the government to discredit all skeptics. But I do not know this to be the case.

Comment

I suppose we shouldn't ever go against what "general" opinions are on certain topics. When it comes to issues such as 9/11 or international banking cartels, the water is murky. To completely denounce a film because you think it goes too far in a particular direction is wrong. The investigation of such issues should always be encouraged.

Its so typical and easy to label something negatively without being constructive. I'm sure it won't hinder others from at least viewing the film and coming up with actual interpretations.

By saying that you haven't watched the movie but "understand what your dealing with" shows your ignorance. Either watch the film and actually refute what it has to say constructively or stop trying to "manipulate" others from possibly watching it. You're committing the same fallacy you're speaking against.
            Last edited by Alex deLarge; 11-05-2007, 08:12 PM.

Comment

I had not seen this film.

Parts II and III of the film were very well produced. However, I reject their atheistic premise in Part I. The "solartheology myth" they claim is simply man's realization or reflection of the spirit world. This is where the line gets drawn between faith and non-faith. Some come to the conclusion that a divine being or a spiritual world must exist, yet others will say no way - show me. Some human being are simply in tuned to seeing or feeling the spiritual world while others are simply not. Nevertheless, the section regarding religion does have some research value. The section's only problem, in my opinion, is its inherent atheistic perspective.

It's too bad the producer of the film combined 9/11 with a refutation of religions. A viewer will get turned-off by the initial section and as a result disregard the rest of the film - which in my opinion are much more relevant.
              Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
                I had not seen this film.

Parts II and III of the film were very well produced. However, I reject their atheistic premise in Part I. The "solartheology myth" they claim is simply man's realization or reflection of the spirit world. This is where the line gets drawn between faith and non-faith. Some come to the conclusion that a divine being or a spiritual world must exist, yet others will say no way - show me. Some human being are simply in tuned to seeing or feeling the spiritual world while others are simply not. Nevertheless, the section regarding religion does have some research value. The section's only problem, in my opinion, is its inherent atheistic perspective.

It's too bad the producer of the film combined 9/11 with a refutation of religions. A viewer will get turned-off by the initial section and as a result disregard the rest of the film - which in my opinion are much more relevant.
                That's kind of like what I thought. Why wasn't the same portion dedicated to Islam, or Judaism? If one wants, one can just as easily deconstruct those as well.

Furthermore, the issues of the war on terror and 9/11 are far more prescient than the initial.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse View Post
                  That's kind of like what I thought. Why wasn't the same portion dedicated to Islam, or Judaism? If one wants, one can just as easily deconstruct those as well.
                  Yep -- I though it was interesting though.

Comment

I watched this in the summer and it really shook me the first time. I went on to show it to my brother and sister so that they could be aware of the general message of the film... "It doesn't matter if you believe the facts we represent to you, what's important is that you start to think critically".

I think they did a good job in this, showing us material to make us, as individuals, distrust our all powerful and omnipresent insititutions. Although you can see Zeitgeist as a film that tells you HOW you should think, at least the bottom line is... "We're showing you this shocking material so that you can think! Think god dammit! Think about where you're going!"

That has merit in itself, although one can always be cautious... What's the use of moving away from your old beliefs or ignorance of public issues if some charismatic leader comes along and preaches everything contained in Zeitgeist so that people come under his wing, receives all kinds of donations, consolidates all kinds of powers, and then imposes his own restrictive policies onto the sheep who flocked to his side?

But Zeitgeist also advocates that you do your own research, and that this documentary is merely a kickstart for the average joe or jane.

Comment

Working...
                    X