Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Happy Birthday Ara Baliozian!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Happy Birthday Ara Baliozian!

Wow, "KMA". Maybe you do have some balls. I'm proud of you!

Comment

This thread has gone too far, even for my exquisite taste...

I never felt comfortable with this freaky character before and now this repulsive individual simply disgusts me. He has shown absolutely no intellect, no objectivity, no depth - only irrational rants and brain farts. All he has been doing is attempting to turn this valid debate into freak show. I am done trying to talk to idiots and delusional morons. Thank you Virgil, Crusader and Lucin. In final analysis, when the likes of Ara and Freaky disappear into the murky pages of our diasporan history, the off-springs of individuals like you will continue our national heritage. On this holy day of remembrance, I ask you to always look for quality over quantity in your people, always remember that its all about your relationship to the fatherland/motherland, and regardless of where life takes you always remember to keep Armenia in your heart.
      Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
        This thread has gone too far
        You're right.

But I still don't understand how this thread turned into this huge debate. I created the same thread last year, and there were only a few responses.

Comment

The egos of Ara's shameful detractors.
          Between childhood, boyhood,
          adolescence
          & manhood (maturity) there
          should be sharp lines drawn w/
          Tests, deaths, feats, rites
          stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
            This thread has gone too far, even for my exquisite taste...

I never felt comfortable with this freaky character before and now this repulsive individual simply disgusts me. He has shown absolutely no intellect, no objectivity, no depth - only irrational rants and brain farts. All he has been doing is attempting to turn this valid debate into freak show. I am done trying to talk to idiots and delusional morons. Thank you Virgil, Crusader and Lucin. In final analysis, when the likes of Ara and Freaky disappear into the murky pages of our diasporan history, the off-springs of individuals like you will continue our national heritage. On this holy day of remembrance, I ask you to always look for quality over quantity in your people, always remember that its all about your relationship to the fatherland/motherland, and regardless of where life takes you always remember to keep Armenia in your heart.
            Thank you too, for your insight throughout this forum and for the profound words above...it is a good way to end this thread which has clearly run its course and served its purpose (i.e. exposing defeatest, ineffectual and faulty mentalities). I actually think this thread can serve as a salient example of what is wrong with the diaspora.

Regardless, enough is enough.

Let Ara, Freaky and Siamanto praise eachother in peace and isolation.
            Last edited by crusader1492; 01-31-2008, 08:09 PM.

Comment

I would like to take this opportunity to thank myself too now that we are all in an ass kissing mode.
              this post = teh win.

Comment

Thank you, Sip!!!
                Between childhood, boyhood,
                adolescence
                & manhood (maturity) there
                should be sharp lines drawn w/
                Tests, deaths, feats, rites
                stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Friday, February 01, 2008
                  FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS
                  On the day a belief system is established, it begins to degenerate. A religion or an ideology may not lobotomize or moronize its converts but it takes them a step away from their individuality by depersonalizing them. That may explain why the inevitable movement in all institutions, organizations, and mass movements is towards the lowest common denominator. Christianity resulted in religious wars, the persecution of heretics, and serial child molesters; Islam in suicidal fanatics slaughtering innocent civilians; Marxism in commissars and the cold-blooded murder of millions; and nationalism in genocides.
                  Jesus and Mohammad were not historians, but Marx was. Hence his declaration: “I am not a Marxist.” Had Jesus known about the future abuses of Christianity, my guess is he would have given up preaching for carpentry.
                  To say my brand of ideology or orthodoxy is better than yours or someone else’s, raises the question: Has anyone ever said the opposite? Namely, My orthodoxy is polluted, my religion is second rate, my ideology is not the best, or my belief system is of an inferior brand? To believe also means to believe that one’s belief system is la crème de la crème even when it is la crème de la scum. Hence the phenomenon of skinheads, fascist thugs, and nationalist hooligans.
                  And now a question: if our nationalists engage in hooliganism against their own kind, what are they capable of doing to an unfriendly, alien, and defenseless minority in their midst when the law is on their side? Answer that question honestly and you may have a better insight into the Turkish mindset during World War I when the whole world was against them and when their own existence was in peril. I said “Turkish mindset.” I should have said “human nature,” and even better, “yourself.”
                  #

Comment

to my anonymous detractors:
                    never hate a fellow armenian to such a degree that you feel the need to invent lies to degrade him, because when the lies are exposed what remains is your irrational hatred...in other words, your ottomanism. / ara

Comment

The nationalists beat a retreat.

Comment

Working...
                      X