Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

No More Fast Food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No More Fast Food

Ever.

Re: No More Fast Food

I know why. It's because you were served your "fast food" by some poor Mexican chum, huh?

If it was Vicky Cristina Barcelona, you would have been fine with it.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

I've stopped since viewing an awful report on kfc where chicken look much to monsters

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
        Ever.
        i doubt that, sooner or later you will succumb (evil laugh)

Originally posted by Anonymouse View Post
        I know why. It's because you were served your "fast food" by some poor Mexican chum, huh?
        Hey those mexican chums make some pretty good chinese food ;-)
        Last edited by ara87; 10-08-2008, 09:44 PM.

Comment

I dont think people can lost long without eating fast food?
          Ex: Going home from work & your starving you get a quick bite to eat, fast food is the answer.
          Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

Define "fast food" ... you can get a pretty good salad in most "fast food" joints these days. Do you just mean the burgers and the frys? How about chinese fast food? Taco bell? You can get a chicken bowl at taco bell which is really not that bad if you don't put the creamy dressing on it.
            this post = teh win.

Comment

DAMN YOU, SIP! Yes, I meant Taco Bell.

I've been feeling incredibly sick since yesterday because I was craving Taco Bell for months and ate it. Now I feel like throwing up and let's just say I've been having a rough day since yesterday.

Comment

I'm generally speaking fast food free. The only thing I consume that I may consider fast-foodish are donuts, and I don't do that very often.

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
                  DAMN YOU, SIP! Yes, I meant Taco Bell.

I've been feeling incredibly sick since yesterday because I was craving Taco Bell for months and ate it. Now I feel like throwing up and let's just say I've been having a rough day since yesterday.

Are you farting?

Comment

Fast food is pretty avoidable, and its worth it because it can potentially turn people into out of shape, addictive drones (look at your 'typical' American).

You can whip up pretty decent meals in less than 20 minutes. It just takes a little effort, and its even easier if you plan ahead and get all your stuff ready before. Its worth it for your short-term and long-term health. In 2008 I've eaten fast food all in all maybe 15 times, and like 12 of those was taco bell, and I don't get beef from there, only chicken (their beef is like 30-40% fat, but their chicken is pretty lean).

Its also good to diversify and modify your diet. Eat wheat bread instead of white bread (white bread is just starch and sugar with no nutritional value, wheat bread has lots of vitamins, minerals and fiber, and tastes better IMO). If you eat lots of fast food, you're getting tons of protein and saturated fat, and some chemicals, but not much of anything else. Have some oats/cereals in the morning, eat something from another food group for lunch (something with beans, vegetables, etc) and eat another food group for dinner. Most of the time you can have a few foodgroups in just one meal. Try to fit all the groups in there in a given day (eat a little cheese, some yogurt and drink milk to get your dairy). Its also good to eat a handful of (unsalted) assorted nuts per day (for omega 3), and in between meals you can eat fruits instead of a bag of chips. And check labels-- after a few weeks you will already know what you should and should not be eating (ex. If you drink 1% milk instead of 2%, you can drink twice as much milk while consuming the same amount of saturated fat, or you know to stay away from a certain snack because it just has way too many calories, etc). Trust me, I haven't even exercised for a month and a half, and I still look lean just by following this simple diet, which has been my default diet for almost a year. If you were not previously in shape, you will lose noticable weight while still eating enough food to keep you full, not to mention the psychological benefits of getting all your vitamins and minerals. Its just a matter of getting used to it and sticking with it.

Another important thing is to eat smaller meals more frequently. If you do this, it will speed up your metabolism which will enable your body to burn calories much faster. Don't get to the point where you are starving. Its tough with a work schedule, but I can't imagine its very hard to take an apple with you to snack on.

There are lots of other small tips though... like don't drink anything cold unless its been at least an hour since your last meal. Cold liquids shock your intestines and slow down your digestion considerably.

Originally posted by Sip
                    Define "fast food" ... you can get a pretty good salad in most "fast food" joints these days. Do you just mean the burgers and the frys? How about chinese fast food? Taco bell? You can get a chicken bowl at taco bell which is really not that bad if you don't put the creamy dressing on it.
                    Most salads at fast food places have as many calories as their burgers and fries. And chinese fast food is probably the worst thing you can eat, since everything is fried.

Originally posted by One-Way
                    Hang in there, man. Everytime you crave fast food, just remember the words of the Spartans-- No luxury except the luxury of self-restraint!

Comment

Working...
                    X