Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Fav. Activities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fav. Activities

I like to:

Play Poker
    Write Poetry
    Work on my Garden
    Eating Seeds

How about the rest of you?
    Last edited by MrHyeSev; 11-02-2008, 10:27 AM.
    Positive vibes, positive taught

Re: Fav. Activities

shoot pictures
    take an armenian history book and locate the places on google earth
    read

Comment

I spend a lot of time reading on the internet and doing my own research on different subjects. I've been doing this since I first got a computer. I usually look up a specific topic and end up reading for hours, and land on a completely different topic. I do this a lot with film; I read reviews, analyses, anything and everything on the topic.

I love to read in general but with school I just don't have the time to dedicate to a good book. Usually, I read something small (less than 300 pages) but when I don't have much to worry about, I love to read anything.

Other than that, watching movies. I did my own "film marathon" for the summer where I watched nearly 100 films. I love to watch films with my girlfriend, parents, and family because I like to hear what they think. I usually throw the idea of watching a movie to everyone, and usually they're all into it. I end up putting on a film I love, and try to see if the love is mutual. I did this with The Assassination of Jesse James, considering my mom hates westerns and slow-paced films. She, along with my father, ended up loving every bit of it.

I've been wanting to hold a movie-week with friends and family, but it seems they're all too busy to do that. I try my best to watch as many movies as I can; it usually ends up being 2 a week, although during the marathon it was more like 2 a day.

Other than that, I like staying home. I like being alone, even if it's with my girlfriend, rather that going out with people. I like thinking and taking things easy. If I have something on my mind, like I do now (my Math exam), I like to be alone instead of going out and forgetting about it.

Long post, eh?

Comment

With order:
        Drink vodka,
        Drink cognac,
        Drink beer,
        Drink wine.
        Unfortunately I can rarely drink nowadays.

My old fellow and all time favorite: Swimming

Comment

Reasearching different languages and their similarities, as well as other subjects.

Reading, though i haven't actually read anything in a while.

Gardening, but alas it's cold outside.

I love movies, and think that in high school there should be a lit class but taught with movies instead.

Swimming is fun also, but I don't have a swimming pool, and i hate the pool at our rec center

.....wow almost everything i like to do i can't do now.

Comment

Originally posted by ara87 View Post
            I love movies, and think that in high school there should be a lit class but taught with movies instead.
            I'm working on it.

No, seriously. My high school had a construction academy, cosmetology, theatre academy, etc. All of these are elective classes and theatre is the only one that can compare to film. We watched some movies in that class, there's an acting division where students can participate in plays, and they hold productions.

Well, film as an elective is an excellent idea because I think everyone (literally, everyone) enjoys movies. So why not an elective where students can learn more about film history and/or film production? Some schools, like the one my cousins go to, have already started a film academy and they have students produce their own short films. I think it's a great idea if we can bring this over to all high schools.

If we had this in my high school, I know I'd be more confident in taking a career into film. Instead of doing my own research and convincing myself I'd be okay.

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
              Well, film as an elective is an excellent idea because I think everyone (literally, everyone) enjoys movies. So why not an elective where students can learn more about film history and/or film production? Some schools, like the one my cousins go to, have already started a film academy and they have students produce their own short films. I think it's a great idea if we can bring this over to all high schools.
              Well, I didn’t mean like a “film” film class though, where you make your own short films or study production. I meant it to be as a class where you use movies as your literature. B/c movies have the same allusions, symbolisms, themes, character and plot analysis, writing styles, etc, as works of literature. It wouldn't be a class where you just watched books that have been made into movies though, there would be no Romeo and Juliet, crucible, great Gatsby, thats what normal lit is for. I mean films like the Gladiator, that are great works of their own, or some that wouldn’t be considered as great, like The Matrix, but still an important work in their genre.

Comment

Originally posted by ara87 View Post
                Well, I didn’t mean like a “film” film class though, where you make your own short films or study production. I meant it to be as a class where you use movies as your literature. B/c movies have the same allusions, symbolisms, themes, character and plot analysis, writing styles, etc, as works of literature. It wouldn't be a class where you just watched books that have been made into movies though, there would be no Romeo and Juliet, crucible, great Gatsby, thats what normal lit is for. I mean films like the Gladiator, that are great works of their own, or some that wouldn’t be considered as great, like The Matrix, but still an important work in their genre.
                Well, that's what film history is. I, too, don't really love the idea of film production in high school. I think it's best to save that for film school.

It would be great, however, to have a film history course. That's exactly what it's for, to study themes, characters, symbolisms. I think students at a high school level will be very interested because I can already see that interest in my younger cousin. Not just him, anytime I start talking about films with them, they're quite interested in learning more about the background of the work.

Comment

My life isn't that fun:

Watch the news
                  Go to the gym
                  Read books I like
                  Watch movies and
                  Help Mom and Bro out

Comment

I like to do nothing.

Listen to music (OMG IM SO UNIQUE LOL).
                    Maybe draw or paint if I had the time (SELF IMPORTANT PIECE OF CRAP).
                    Read what I want to read (OMG LIKE I READ BOOKS LOLz).
                    Watch fights (OMG BRO! YOURE LIKE SO TUFF BRO!).
                    Go to museums (NOW YOURE A REAL POMPOUS f4G).
                    Family times (AWWW WELL ARENT YOU ALL PERFECT CHILD).
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                    X