Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

motivation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jahannam I'm still living cuz I love life...
    and I try to stay away from the thought of dying as much as possible!
    are you suggesting that success to you means working on something so that you finish it before you die?
    cuz success to me is the result of working on being happy.
    I'd rather enjoy the moment than worry about death...
    death can go to hell lol
    old people MIIIGHT be eligible to worry about it and set it as a standard of success... cuz I mean God forbid, you might get in an accident tonight and die! would that make you an unsuccessful person? cuz you havent achieved all of your goals yet?
    I'm not necessarily agreeing with this, but just something to think about.
    Dude, Jahannam, I never said that I completely agreed with what I introduced. It was merely meant for you (the forum members) to think about, and not to make you more freaked out about death. However, I do agree with this urgency that we feel every day of our lives in order to accomplish things. Immortality would eliminate this urgency, since time would not be a factor anymore.

So what, are you saying that you are more immune to death than old people? You and them alike could part with life any day now. I hate those people that always think "oh, there's always tomorrow", because damnit, there might not be a tomorrow. This certainty of life based on age baffles me.

Frankly, I still don't understand why you shudder every time you hear/see the word 'death'. Yes, I am afraid of it, but I have come to accept it as part of life, unlike you. Get a hold of yourself, woman!
    Last edited by sSsflamesSs; 11-07-2003, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sSsflamesSs

Frankly, I still don't understand why you shudder every time you hear/see the word 'death'. Yes, I am afraid of it, but I have come to accept it as part of life, unlike you. Get a hold of yourself, woman!
      oh so now you're afraid of it?
      you just contradicted yourself, cuz 2 days ago you said something like...
      Doesn't our knowledge of death make life more precious?
      who said anything about not accepting death as part of life...
      I told you I try to stay away from thinking about it...
      bottomline...
      you started this whole death topic saying that it might be that death is what motivates us to live...
      I disagreed with you saying...that doesn't apply to me...and that thinking about death makes me a weak person...and it does... and that's why I refuse to make it my motivation factor...
      but it's still a part of life... a part I'd rather not worry about...

Comment

Haha, contradict myself? See honey, unlike you, I actually read my opponent's posts before responding. FOR THE 3 FRIGGIN TIME, I DIDN'T SAY THAT I AGREE WITH ALL OF IT!!! Do you have ADD? You have the attention span of a 2 year old.

And anyway...what does the quote "Doesn't our knowledge of death make life more precious?" have anything to do with not fearing death?

Comment

My motivation in life except the fact be successfull, is FIRST OF ALL
          : TO STAY ARMENIAN. when im feeling that i belong to this nation my blood starts to boil and I feel that life is in my hands and I have to do everything to keep always live in me
          and that amazing feeling gives me ways to do other things in my life better.........I hope I answered the Q

Comment

Death is just xxxxing great.

Without death imagine how pointless living would be.

"Look at him Martha, he's 124 and still kickin. I think just the other day I saw him in the ambulance again".

Yea yea, if everyone knew when they were going to die, do you think people would take it lightly?

Methinks panic would strike everyone.

Death is just death, you can't put any human explanation on it, no matter how much the sophists or any one else tries to tie death into this nice philosophical outlook, death is just death, the last resort. It has no poor victims and no rich favorites it treats everyone the same.

Now stop all this talk of death for if you don't I wish you all die.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
            X