Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Black Man Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Black Man Game

Check this out! It's the first and only board game to depict life from the perspective of a minority.

Each player is an 18-year-old black male, struggling to make it. The goal is to make it from any one of four starting points: the ghetto, the military, the entertainment industry or the halls of a black university, to end the of the game board, to a place called "freedom."

Wow can you imagine that? That sounds like a tough obstacle.

Along the way, however, are what the game's creator says are typical pitfalls for young black men — trouble with the law and money issues. Land on a racism space, and you're forced to pull a card that reads: "You're pulled over by police for driving a new car, back two spaces."

Wow kind of like monopoly eh, when you land on Go to Jail. Poor Darnell, he's gotta go back two spaces, whereas we went to jail in Monopoly.

In only a few months, and with limited distribution, Sawyer has sold 10,000 games. But not every black family is running to the toy store to get one. Many just don't buy the humor.

Outside a store selling the game in suburban Los Angeles, one African-American man said his "life is far too serious to … roll the dice and get pushed back two spaces."

Sounds like a fun filled game if you want to know the 'black experience'. I think I'll stick to naked Twister.
    Achkerov kute.

Holy xxxx! I though you were making it up.

And Amouse, did the admin spank you for your last avatar? Is that why you're sporting Sir Billy Mays again?

Comment

No no one spanked me for my last avatar, I just decided to change it. Billy Mays has been bugging me to advertise him and his product, thus I have taken it upon myself to expose my mentor and hero to the world of the forums.

In any event, do you wanna get together and play Life as a Black Man?

Do you think these people are playing Life as a Black Man?

Achkerov kute.

Comment

that last avatar was revolting really, i seriously felt like throwing up when i saw that.

Comment

Do you want to play The Black Man Game?

P.S. Avatars are avatars, treat them all the same. Did you throw up or did you just feel like it?
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

na i just felt like it. i restrained myself because it wasnt worth getting puke all over the keyboard and in between the keys. that would have been a pain in hte ass to clean up

Comment

Well remember, you can always use Oxiclean!
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by patlajan More proof that you're an oxi moron.
                Your humor is about as interesting as a large slug on a rock.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by patlajan If it is so boring why did you take interest?
                  It's fun to pick on boring people.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

This is a better game: http://www.ghettopoly.com/

Emil

Comment

Working...
                    X