Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Drugs!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SexyAries, having problems is not an excuse to doing drugs. Everyone has problems, and don't think that you are a special victim. Some people are stronger than others, which is why they resist turning to drugs. If you can't quit, then your problem is not a physical one but a psychological one (I think you understand that much of it). I'm sorry, I may be somewhat biased in my response, but I cannot stand people who ruin their lives using drugs and then blame it on "problems". Then, they have the nerve to talk about which drugs they have done as if it's a xxxxing resume. Bottom line is, stop doing drugs or stop complaining. Get counseling if you need to. Personally, I wouldn't even touch drugs with a 10 foot pole (with the exception of alcohol), but I do know that addicts do experience severe withdrawal symptoms. However, if they really want to quit and get their lives on track, portraying themselves as a victim is not going to get them anywhere. Get some professional help if you cannot do it on your own (rehab). I assume that you are a young girl with potential to succeed. Don't throw away your life for drugs.

Comment

I was a junkie once. To recover from my intense condition I decided to join Jehovah’s Witnesses in their noble mission. Shortly after handing out watchtower magazines to the poor souls boiling in their damnation of sins, I’ve realized that cigarettes are not a drug. Now I have recovered and smoke 5 packs a day, although I was kicked out from the Jehovah’s Witnesses clan, they didn’t like my smile for some reason.

Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by omniscient

ok now here's the thing. if you were having extreme withdrawal symptoms and thats why it was hard to quit then that would be different and a totally different way of dealing with it. but you said after not doing it for 4 months you did it again. so you were not physically addicted at the time. and after 4 months of being clean i don't see TOO much of a psychological factor (even though it is still somewhat strong). basically what i'm trying to say is if you hadn't done it for 4 months you really didn't have to do it. my guess is you're having a lot of problems in life and YOU WANT TO do drugs to get away from things and stop feeling pain, am i right? i know this is weird , but if you can give me even more detailed info and i'll help you out better. and if you dont want to say it here you can PM me.

the therapist has spoken

Comment

what i find interesting is why people get into it in the first place. 4 out of 5 of my friends smoke pot at least once a month or so and theres a lot of pressure to go and smoke but as a matter of principle i just tell myself i wont do it and no matter what they say or how good they describe it its not gonna get me to do it and ive realized that a couple of my friends who started doing pot in freshman year as just a once in a blue moon thing now smoke about once a week and have stopped thinking about other things like girls as much, theyd rather go and smoke up with a couple of guys than go out around the city lookin for chiks and what not. So the best solution is never to start. by the way cigarretes are not a drug, they are the one thing i was into and people that smoke pot like my friends try to justify their pot use by saying that smoking cigarretes is just as bad because nicotine is also a drug but i think thats total bullxxxx, a nicotine high lasts like 3 minutes and has no effect and its not really addicting either since its pretty easy to quit, at least for me.

Comment

Originally posted by TigranJamharian a nicotine high lasts like 3 minutes and has no effect and its not really addicting either since its pretty easy to quit, at least for me.
            *Note* I edited your post to keep it short.

Are you saying nictoine has no effect on a persons body, as in developement of lung cancer, etc? Or you mean something else?

Emil

Comment

its not nicotine that has the effect on your body it is the other stuff like tar that damage your lungs, nicotine just gets you lightheaded for 3 or 4 minutes and its said tha tit makes you want to smoke. i just dont consider tobacco a drug as long as you use it in modicum and people dont become dependent on it.

Comment

you have to learn to live life sober. but more importantly, you have to learn to live life sober and be content. theres a big difference. there is no way you can keep living life on harmful drugs. you know you're gonna have to stop some time, so NOW would be a good time. anyway like i said PM me or give me more detailed info if you can.

Comment

Cigaretts are stated to be a drug so is alcohol in the dictionary and by medical standards but they are moderate compared to other drugs. I know i should quite and i want to quite and im not trying to blame it on my problems but they seem to play a part in my drug use. I guess im just confused i need to get straightened. I dont believe in shrinks or rehab. been there and done that. and i've been clean for 3 days, which is a big step for me i usually do it every day. but the withdrawls are kickin in, my heart beats extremly fast i cant breath i shake and sometimes i just go blank as if im gone for a few seconds but when i come to like 5 or 10 minutes have passed. I apreciate all your comments and advise and thank you guys for listening to me not alot of people do.

Comment

hey listen..... those shakes, feelings of having a heart attack, extreme anxiety are all normal with cocaine or speed use. if its been 3 days already then for the most part you're done with the physical withdrawal and detoxifying your body, but not fully. all these things will go away but it seriously can take up to 6 months, especially with heavy and frequent use. just DON'T DO IT. a very important thing you need to do which you probably aren't doing is detach yourself from all those people that do it. if you aren't around it then you won't do it. when people call to go do it just tell them you're out of that scene now. but trust me, just stop fully for a few months and you won't feel the way you feel now. i know it's hard and you don't want to feel the way you do now so that makes you want the drugs. but think about it, if you keep doing it you're really going nowhere, its ONLY going to get worse and worse. like i said you're going to have to stop at some point and that time should be NOW.

Comment

You are so right im trying to stay away from those people. I dont have anymore girl friends stopped that a long time ago, the guys are the one's i do it with usually and if i dont kick it with someone i feel lonely so thats why i kick it with them. i think im just gonna give up and become a lesbian!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X